FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » April Fools Recollections (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: April Fools Recollections
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Replace his pot with oregano.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
*has no idea what your talking about*

[ April 01, 2004, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Replace his pot with something that looks kind of pottish.

Like oregano.

[ April 01, 2004, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: zgator ]

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
What the heck did you do with them anyways Celia?

And it does little good to edit after you've put the evil smilie up there. [Razz]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Inform your roommate that your years of undercover work are done. You have enough evidence to start prosecuting. He has the right to....
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

That means he's also broken a promise to me. My vengence shall rain down upon him.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

What would be best it to combine those last two ones, find some way of making Bill look like an investigator and have him read Dave his rights for illeagly buying and owning pot. [Evil]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Call him and tell him your in jail because of his pot and he needs to bail you out.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

To be fair, he didn't tell me... he just told everyone else on the floor...

I found out somehow.

Hobbes [Smile]

Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
[transplanted to another thread]

[ April 01, 2004, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Speed ]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Does your manager have call display? Could present a problem.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] My boss is great! He's our Area Manager...

This morning, he sent out a very official looking e-mail about how he and his wife were going to wait until after the 15th to tell us, but they had to answer the rumors going around. They bought the company.

It went on to reassure us that not much would change, etc. etc....

I sent back a reply that said something like, "Yeah, you just happened to have about $40 million dollars laying around and thought, why not?"

Immediately after, (I'm the Office Supervisor) the guy I have down at the other location calls me...

He doesn't say "Hi, it's L, how's it going?" like normal. He says, "Uhhh...what am I reading here?" [Laugh] L

"L, what's the date today?"

"Oh no, he didn't. He got me. Oh! I am not talking to him for the rest of the day! He totally GOT me!" [ROFL]

As if that weren't good enough, I talked Boss into another one. I had him call L to tell him to get over here to the store ASAP because I was in labor and was waiting for a ride. When he got here, I was sipping some ice water and surfing the 'Rack. [Big Grin] Who's in labor? Not me! [ROFL]

I can't believe he didn't even call to see if it was true! Goober. I love that guy though, and he takes it well.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
If you rub a hot glue stick on his windshield it makes a thick, hard to get off substance. That way when he goes to his car, April Fool's! Your car's all screwed up!

Or you can unscrew a light switch socket and put a cricket in there. They have them at bait shops. That's a pretty good one.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Speed: secret santa mailing list.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Yeah, so clever I decided to do a string of attacks ranging from Provo to Ogden. Its nice to know that I can get to 5 different houses in about 3 hours.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

- posted      Profile for Zamphyr           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I just recieved an email from our Human Resources person. Apparently, one of our employees--Ron Dover, just had a child. The new boy's name is Benjamin Dumas Dover.

Yeah Right. Someone is going to name their son something thats sounds that bad. Ben Dover, or all three names is even worses.

I actually knew a kid named Benjamin Dover. Met him after I heard his name announced over the PA system at a Little League game. All I could say was "Cruel, cruel parents...."

As to April Fool's, nothing beats a good, well-placed whoopi cushion. [Big Grin]

Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

What about TWO well placed whoopie cushions?!
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I actually knew a kid named Benjamin Dover. Met him after I heard his name announced over the PA system at a Little League game. All I could say was "Cruel, cruel parents...."

There's a freshman at my school named Michael Jackson. And a sophomore names Christina Aguliera (I think I spelled that completely wrong.) but she pronounces it differently. Oh, and there's also a sophomore named Ben Stein. I have a very odd school. With very uncreative parents.

[ April 01, 2004, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: MidnightBlue ]

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

At my school, we had a Carmen Rasmuessen.

If anyone knows that, I'll TP Email you.

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Sad news...

Homestarrunner.com is chapter 11..

http://www.homestarrunner.com/

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rohan
Member # 5141

- posted      Profile for Rohan   Email Rohan         Edit/Delete Post 
We are actually having Honor Code prosecutions at my school right now. So, when my friend tells me that I have been accused of cheating on my last paper, even though I am completely innocent, I think, "dang! some busybody is gonna fill up my time with crap like this. Great!" now I have a REAL Honor Court problem for beating the %&*# out of him.

funny, but NOT funny.

Posts: 196 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
ROFLMAO!!

I haven't laughed so hard in weeks!!

Nate, I have been trying to find out ALL DAY LONG where in the world those came from, and why the heck they weren't all over!
LOL.

That was just awesome. I so should have checked here first.

::still laughing::

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Attack of the Nerds: I had 3 roommates one year of college. This wasn't April Fool's, but it qualifies as a good practical joke.

One of my roommates ordered a new hard drive. I think it was Maxtor, 30GB ATA100. He actually received the package and left it alone on his desk after dinner. Looking back, that package was like a beacon, screaming, "Screw with your roommate's head! I can help!"

I used an old hard drive from an IBM System36 server. Gosh, how to paint this in understandable terminology. Dagonee, it makes Windows 3.1 look modern. Instead of a normal 3.5" drive, this is an 8" monster. It weighs close to 8 pounds. Obviously, there was no way this thing would fit in his standard ATX-style computer case.

Upon returning, he sat down to open the package, and remarked that "it looks like it's been opened." (well, duh [Wink] [Razz] ) He opens it up, and just stares at the monstrous leviathon that looks nothing like a normal hard drive. It's a funny, shocked kind of stare, almost like he just zoned out trying to figure out exactly what that giant drive was and where it came from.

He said, "This wasn't what I ordered." We said, "Guess you better call the company that sold it to you." He grabs the phone, and we hand him the actual drive. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
So, can we hear the story of the stick, now that it's gone? Please?

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

It's not gone, Celia has it. Though maybe she disposed of it, I don't know. Nor will I believe her whatever she says she did with them (there became a second one). [Razz] [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

celia60
Member # 2039

I didn't dispose of them, I released them back into the wild. Though, since your grubby little hands had been all over them, I don't know if they'll be accepted back by the other trees.

[ April 02, 2004, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
(Pssst...Hobbes. Balogna on his car.)
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

I hear if you put transmission fluid on someone's exhaust it makes a hellluva lotta smoke.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

He doesn't have a car, and if something happens to mine I would consider it crossing a line from which there is no going back.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, ooh! Or...you could poke a few tiny holes in his brake line with a pin, so that his fluid doesn't all leak out at once. That way he has to depress the brake several times before he loses all pressure...you can make sure he's really up to speed before his brakes give out!
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My son said all the kids in his organic chemistry class this afternoon were planning to NOT show up for class today. They are going to leave Dr. Boyle a plate of cookies and a nice note.

This particular April Fool's joke worked out extremely well for my son yesterday. Since he always works for this professor (as R.A.) he was talking to her when time came for class. She asked him to walk with her to class to continue the discussion (remember -- he know that everyone else has skipped class as an April Fool's Joke on her).

They get to the classroom, there is no one there, and just the plate of cookies and a note from the pranksters.

Said professor just says, "oh, those kids!!" and giggles. Then she gives half the cookies to my son!

How lucky can you get?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, when I showed up the class I TAed in costume for Halloween *I* didn't get any cookies.

Clearly your son goes to a cooler school. Or maybe organic chemists are more giving than biochemists.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I know it is way late to do any pranks. I just got wind of a good prank by my friend Brian's wife. With him in the room when the call was made. His wife called her sister and told this tear streaming story of how she had caught Brian in bed with another women. After a few more comments (and some by the sister) she said "April Fools". Her sister was pissed. [Smile]
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, fine.

But can we hear the story of the stick anyway?

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Or maybe organic chemists are more giving than biochemists.
BtL, that's not it. Organic chemists know how to cook.

Biochemists wouldn't give cookies, they'd give fruit. Or maybe "golden" rice. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

Yes, Hobbes, do tell.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Once again proving that my presidency of the Retarded Monkeys Club is well-earned, yesterday I was completely taken in by this.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

I honestly can't think of that many pranks that don't involve damaging property in some kind of way.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.