FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I guess now would be a good time...

Author Topic: I guess now would be a good time...
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess now would be a good time to tell all of hatrack that I released a key logger onto all your computers some time ago. Thank's for all the info I got. [Evil Laugh]

What's even funnier is no one will believe me because it's april fools day. [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*doesn't admit to cluelessness as to what a key logger is* [Embarrassed]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaz_King
Member # 3184

- posted      Profile for Chaz_King   Email Chaz_King         Edit/Delete Post 
A key logger is when a program sits on your computer, and logs all of your keystrokes... more commonly reffered to as a keyboard sniffer.

Hackers have been known to use it for getting passwords and sensitive information.

Posts: 232 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
In particular, installing a keylogger would require him to get us to visit a web page or otherwise receive the application, and then have it installed. As no such thing has been done, he hasn't.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Chaz. [Smile]

*not clueless anymore!*

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the idea for this post from a different web forum in which the moderaters had been busy making a forum for four months. In the forum was a listing of crimes that they had supposedly commited, including: murder, hacking, running an internet mafia, and injecting all users of the forum with a key-logger. They opened this forum to users yesterday saying that someone hacked in and opened it for them, even though most of the world had not yet entered april first.

Most people freaked out at the forum over various aspects, on of which was a spam topic where the moderaters posted 50 pages of nonsense in order to increase their post count. I have heard that most people are now leaving that forum because they are utterly disguested with what the mods had been doing.

[ April 02, 2004, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
supposedly.

thank you.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.