FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Feast for Crows!

Author Topic: A Feast for Crows!
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
It's out!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal
Member # 3758

- posted      Profile for Sal           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get it.

quote:
Availability: This title will be released on August 3, 2004. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

[Confused]
Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*doesn't even follow link; throws snowballs at Noemon*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

What's up with that link? It was *supposed* to point to an April Fool's version of the page saying that it was ready!

::off to troubleshoot the very obvious prank::

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

And what does George's website say?

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not even familiar with the book.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
*puts Noemon on list*

You just wait 'til I take over the world, buddy. Just wait.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal
Member # 3758

[Embarrassed]
Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Huh! I can't get it to work properly when I link to it from here. How strange is that?

Unfortunately, I'm getting off work now, so I don't have time to figure it out.

Sal
Member # 3758

Maybe you've been fooled??!!! [Big Grin]
Daedalus
Member # 1698

- posted      Profile for Daedalus   Email Daedalus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
YES, I'M STILL WORKING ON IT. HONEST.

Well, 2003 has come to an end... but sad to say, A FEAST FOR CROWS hasn't.

I'm getting closer, though, page by bloody page. Yesterday I finished another chapter, the forty-first (though I do move these chapters around as I write, so it probably won't be the forty-first when FEAST is finally published). It's a Davos chapter, his second in the volume.

I now have 911 manuscript pages in something very close to final draft form. I also have about eight additional chapters in fragmentary form, a couple of them fairly close to completion. But there's more that will be needed after that. I don't believe in saying, "Okay, I've got X number of pages, that's enough, I'll end the book." Each volume is a part of the overall story, but also needs its own beginning, middle, climax, and end to make for a satisfying read. As I have said here before, I am writing as fast as I can, but my first priority is to make the novel as good as it be.

The moment the book is done I will announce it here. The instant. The second. So if you visit this website, and this notice is still in place, it means I'm still writing. Various websites and bookshops have announced various publication dates, but until the book is actually finished and delivered, they are all pure guesswork.

No one really knows when A FEAST FOR CROWS will be finished, or when it will be published. Especially not me. When I do, know, I'll tell you here. For now, though, the only answer must remain, "As soon as possible."

Once again, I'd like to thank all my readers for their patience and support.

--George R.R. Martin, January 4, 2004

http://georgerrmartin.com

And Noemon makes my hit list...
Posts: 641 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BookWyrm
Member # 2192

- posted      Profile for BookWyrm   Email BookWyrm         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats a legit link. I went to Amazon dorectly and searched AFFC and got the same page as the one linked.

Hopefully its only his site thats slightly behind

Posts: 986 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
Amazon has been putting out supposed dates for a long time. They used to have April 2003 up back in 2003. Don't believe anything but his site. I'm pretty sure it will get posted as soon as they know when the book will be out.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
GRRM updates his website a couple times a month (I check it regularly), so, no, the book's not done yet.

Every few months he does put up a new sample chapter. Right now the one that's up is about Arya.

Neat bit of news on his website = the Song of Ice and Fire books are coming out as unabridged audiobooks! My local library's getting A Game of Thrones, yay, 22 cassettes :salivates:

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

Got "A Game of Thrones" on tape from the library, listening to it now. (3 tapes down, 19 to go...)

It's pretty well done. The narrator does a few too many characters in a raspy voice, but that's no big deal. Haven't gotten used to Arya's voice yet. Otherwise, it's great, and I'm enjoying picking up on the little details I missed the first time around.

(Random observation: I usually have problems focusing on a book the first time I read it... but usually once I've gotten an hour into it I'm better able to pay attention and don't miss much. So listening to an author is kinda like switching over to French or some other language --it takes a bit of time for me to adjust my mindset...)

Oh yeah: Legends II is out on audiobook now too, and I'm listening to vol. 1, which has GRRM's "The Sworn Sword." By a different narrator,also well done. (Wonder if OSC's "The Yazoo Queen" will also be released as part of the audiobook series?)

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, even though I check GRRM's page regularly, my heart still jumps to see this thread.

If you'll change the title, Noemon, I'll take you off of my "To kill when I take over the world" list. [Big Grin]

That said, I think we need to have an ASoIaF spoiler/conspiracy theory thread on HR. Lalo's the only one I talk to who's read the series, and he gets pissed when I speculate. [Smile]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The narrator does a few too many characters in a raspy voice, but that's no big deal.
I would think it would be really hard for one narrator to come up with enough different voices for all the different characters.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Frisco, you can speculate with me any time. [Smile]

I am OBSESSED with the series.

That said, every theory POSSIBLE has already been discussed at least 10 times on the ezboard A Song of Ice and Fire site.

But that doesn't mean I couldn't debate with you guys here [Smile] . The only thing is, Val can't come into the thread!

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

Want to give another plug for the audiobook of A Game of Thrones, it's really well done, the narrator's grown on me. (It's read by Roy Dotrice; I never saw the show, but apparently he was the Father on "Beauty and the Beast.")

Listening to it has been good -- I pick up on a lot of details I missed the first time when I was reading fast to find our what happened next. (But sometimes I find myself rewinding the tape to catch some detail when my mind's wandered...)

I've begged my library to get the 2nd book on tape too, here's hoping...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.