FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Check out the New Batmobile

Author Topic: Check out the New Batmobile
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
The new batmobile for Batman Begins.

From what I understand, the movie places it so that WayneCorp is developing a kind've urban assault vehicle for the military, called the "Tumbler." This (which is what you see, only in this shot it lacks a hood, I think), is what Bruce Wayne takes out on the streets of Gotham. I think it's still unperfected at this point. They said they're trying to make Batman more realistic than in the movies (which involved neon lights in the engine, inexplicably), and I guess this is an example. It looks like a SWAT crawler.

FYI: Christopher Nolan is directing, and I trust in his obvious genius.

[ April 01, 2004, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kinglear
Member # 6211

- posted      Profile for kinglear   Email kinglear         Edit/Delete Post 
actually, that picture reminds me most of the assault tank Bats used in Frank Miller's 'The Dark Knight Returns' series.

edit:(spelling) he's the Dark knight, not the Drak Knight.

[ April 02, 2004, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: kinglear ]

Posts: 100 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
KL,

You beat me to it! I'm going to have to dig out my DK books, now.

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

I read up on the new Batman, and it's sounding cooler and cooler. Apparently the Scarecrow (who's one of, but not the major, villan) is a drug dealer who's also a doctor from Arkham. He dons the outfit once, at the end, and from what I've heard it's profoundly disturbing.

Man. I am a dork.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kinglear
Member # 6211

- posted      Profile for kinglear   Email kinglear         Edit/Delete Post 
no offense to Christopher Nolan , but i wish they would start giving the comic books films to directors who love the comic books. The last few Batman movies were absolutely horrible, the latest news on the Superman Lives script is that it pretty much ignores the storylines as proposed in the comics, ARGH, it makes me crazy, They need a director and a writer who know the comics to makes a really friggin awesome comic book flick. Personally I can't wait to see what Kevin Smith does with the Green Hornet movie.
Posts: 100 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*drools*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
*Agrees w/ KL about batman movies* So does everyone else I work w/. I like this ride tho. Can I drive?
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
It looks a lot like the one he uses to assault Gotham in the Cult mini-series, too.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Man, I am clearly out of the loop on the Batman comics. All I ever got while growing up was the cartoon (which was really good, to me). That, and the Killing Joke.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.