FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Thunderbirds

Author Topic: Thunderbirds
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how many of you know of/remember/have heard of the archaic british puppet tv show Thunderbirds, as it never caught on in the states (or so I've been told), but Jonathan Frakes has apparantly gone and made his own version. It starts off well, as if he wanted to stick to the original, but then...argh!

Brains, Alan and Tintin are not children! Why is the present mentality that children need their heroes to be teenagers/pre-teens!

[ April 02, 2004, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
COOL!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Ben Kingsley is slumming, is he?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the original Thunderbirds.

It did used to show here in the states. I can't remember what station showed it, but it was before PBS and before cable TV, so it had to have been one of the networks.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Thunderbirds always scared the crap out of me... But that looks interesting. I might catch it as long as there's no creepy puppets... O_o
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, Thundebirds was a great show. The movie preview makes me glad I don't go to the theatre very often. Hollywood seldom has anything worth watching anymore.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Bleh.

To the old.

Nyah.

To the new.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.