FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Clone Wars?

Author Topic: Clone Wars?
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/index.html

I just spent half an hour watching the first sixteen episodes and they didn't suck. In fact, they were somewhat enjoyable. Plus, next episode introduces General Grevious, who is a bad @ss in the next movie.

What do you have to lose? Lucas didn't direct this one.

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool, thanks! The very beginning of the first episode is feels like a tribute to Miyazaki's Nausicaa. [Smile]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
You watched sixteen episodes in a half hour? I guess they must not be very long. . . .
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
There 5 minutes each, I thought. Which is still only 6 episodes per half hour, I thought... [Dont Know]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got the DVD. The Mace Windu episodes are awesome. The way that guy flies around in the cartoon gives me hope when it comes to his window scene in the movie.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
That link doesn't work for me. [Frown]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Monkey
Member # 7612

- posted      Profile for Exploding Monkey   Email Exploding Monkey         Edit/Delete Post 
General Grevious is nothing more than marketing fodder. Another excuse to make an action figure (or fifteen).

Lucas wasted Christopher Lee's talents by killing him off so quickly. Obi could have been chasing Dooku while Palp was drawing in Anakin, but NOOOOO; we had to have a lame droid general!

And Yoda could have gone with Obi to help with Dooku and avoid that whole pointless wookie war thing.

GRRR! See! See what you've started! [Razz]

Posts: 339 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
That link doesn't work for me. [Frown]

That's because the link was put up in April 2004. Naturally they wouldn't leave it up if they could make money from the DVDs instead.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
The second season was actually better and did much of the set-up for Episode 3.
Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I never got to see the second season, when does that come out on DVD?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think that Grevious pretty much sucks donkey tail.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I plan on showing the DVD to Andrew when we go out to spend his birthday money. "See, sweetie? Do you want a Master Yoda movie?"
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
I never got to see the second season, when does that come out on DVD?

I'm not sure, but I'm keeping my eye out.

EDIT: You can see the episodes here http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/ if you are a Hyperspace member.

[ June 12, 2005, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: johnsonweed ]

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.