FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » May Revel

Author Topic: May Revel
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Jatraqueros,

You are Officially Invited to the Gerig May Revel.

Date: Saturday, May 1, 2004
Time: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Place: My house (send me an e-mail if you want my address and directions)
Dress: Bare feet are required. Flowery and springlike apparel preferred.

We will be dancing the Maypole, picknicking on the lawn, and frolicking in general. May wine, herbal lemonade, fruits, and cheeses will be served.

You can find a May Revel picture under my album in Foobonic.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
How fun!!
I wish I could go and frolic! That sounds so cool!

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I am having this Max Parrishish vision of Tom and Bob Scopatz frolicing around a may pole in tunics and laurel wreaths.

You want to encourage Spring to come, Jenny. Not chase her away.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Spring would approve of tunics and laurel wreaths, I think.

Come, drink my wine and taste my fruits. Dance with the children and laugh in the sunshine. Blow bubbles and make ribbon-wands. Experience a day of sensual relaxation and joy!

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing Storm's concern had more to do with "Tom and Bob Scopatz frolicing around a may pole" than "tunics and laurel wreaths."

Just sayin'...

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny, I am most definitely coming this year. I was so sad to miss it last year.

Also, I tried sending you an email awhile back to your profile addy. Did you get it? I fear it may have been tossed in a spam folder or overlooked, because I wrote it over the process of several weeks, so the timestamp was old. I can resend if need be.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daedalus
Member # 1698

- posted      Profile for Daedalus   Email Daedalus         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, if I were in Indiana, I'd be all over this. Nothing describes me quite as well as the words "frolicking," "springlike" or "flowery."
Posts: 641 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny dear, I will make every effort to come this year. But I may be starting a new internship, so I don't know.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Aaaaaaaaaaah! Noooooooo! That's the day of ISSMA district!!!! [Wall Bash]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, you're right it is! I was just going to ask if you wanted to go... [Frown]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
<-- will be in NYC that day. Sounds like a lot of fun, though.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
#@#&#$% finals.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Xnera, check your email!
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Also, kids, significant others, and buddies are welcome. This is a fun event for everybody!
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

So far, I think I've got Xnera and fugu coming. I've got a couple tentatives. Make sure you all RSVP the last week of April so I know how much food to supply.

Thanks!

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to come but I have to be in VT that day...
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I might be able to come, but I won't be able to tell you until a couple of days before, is that too late notice?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Hatrackers can show up whenever they darn well please. If you let me know ahead of time, I can better prepare the food, but there's always something extra.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still debating. I want to come and would love a good revel, but the following day I need to be in Wisconsin, and driving down to St. Louis for the Cardigan Corgi National.

So I don't know if I want to place any more expectations on myself since my body only has so much energy.

Anna Jo

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

'Twould be fun to have you, but you need to be able to drive safely!
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
bumpety.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I don't think I'm going to make it. I may be able to see our Wisconsin Jatraqueras if they will let me though.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Text of the May Revel Invitation:

"This is your Official Invitation to the Gerig's May Revel. You will find us celebrating on the lawn at 608 Ridge Road, Kokomo, IN from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM, the 1st of May (Saturday). Refreshments in the form of May wine, herbal lemonade, light cheeses, and fresh fruit will be served. Bare feet are required, floral and spring-like apparel are preferred. Feel free to bring friends (just please let us know! We look forward to celebrating with you! Please call ... or contact Andrea at [see e-mail in the profile] for directions. RSVP so that we will be sure to have enough supplies for everyone."

Hatrack, consider yourself invited! Please post here ASAP if you plan on coming. Let me know how many people will be with you.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.