FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Nyah, Nyah! My Friend Is Magic

Author Topic: Nyah, Nyah! My Friend Is Magic
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got to spend the whole weekend with CT. [Taunt]

Those who wish to touch me must make their requests in writing. *waggles haughty eyebrow*

It was so much fun-- and we both survived the weekend with only minor (albeit colorful ) injuries. Ron actually told me to keep the First Aid Kit in the back seat for the trip to the airport this morning (we usually have it UNDER the seat, but "With you guys, you never know").

We went biking, played soccer with Ron, Nash and the boys, and generally talked until we couldn't. Well, not really, but... you know. [Smile] At one point I caught myself nodding sagely while wearing a CheeseHead. Generally, It was a blast. [Big Grin]

She was supposed to fly back yesterday, but due to a collection of random accidents we got to the airport late. The time change and CT's lack of sleep were a factor, but we still had plenty of time. Then I played Dave Matthews' "Stay for a While" and the traffic went all to heck. She didn't wanna go, and I didn't want her to either. The song focussed our energies and then WHAM, the traffic and the difficulties we had figuring out which airline to check her in with (some sort of faresharing agreement...). It was like the Witches of Eastwick, but without the redhead. [Evil]

It was all Dave Matthews' fault.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
*is very, very jealous*
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you actually expect us to believe there was a point when you two couldn't (or didn't) speak?

Call Guiness Book, it's a record!!!

[Evil] [Evil] [Taunt]

Kwea

[ April 05, 2004, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*is incredibly jealous of both Olivet AND CT*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
that song is GREATNESS
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] Olivet
[Hail] CT

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*dittos kat*

Glad you two had so much fun! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Those who wish to touch me must make their requests in writing. *waggles haughty eyebrow*

Don't be silly. I would use that time to write CT and ask to see if I could touch HER. [Razz]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
WHAM is a cool word.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
--I-- to you BOTH!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Oy. I'm sad. [Cry]

Robert has now burst into tears twice today, and all he'll say when I ask what's the matter is, "I miss Sara." Liam has told me to call Sara, so that he can say, "Sara, come back" into the phone. *sigh*

I mean, my kids always like visitors. They always show off and act up a little to get their attention, and often tell me "I liked so and so" etc. But this... this is new.

And the thing is, that I miss her, too. It's probably good she lives hundreds of miles away, because if she was close the Fowlers would probably be a pestilence upon her house. [Wink]

*hugs mack*

You know we love you, too, right? *smoochie*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
::misses Olivet and CT::

NI!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

AAAH! COOTIES!

*flees*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I miss you guys, too. [Frown]

It's funny how much my 'internet friends' came to mean to me in such a short time, even after a few brief meetings. Belle and I were like sisters by the end of our dinner together. The first WenchCon... I still wish I could have gotten together regularly with any of you ladies (and I really missed ladyday and Rakeesh, this year).

Once again, I find myself wishing Hatrack was a real place... One where Jenny could teach my kids, CT could be their doctor and I could get the hubby to meet Tom D and Christy and Slash in the flesh (I know you guys would be his kinda people, particularly [Wink] ) We could all have cook-outs at eachother's houses. Pat and I could discuss the pros and cons of having little "Enders" like Dallon and Liam, and Mackillian could help us with the trials of having such resourceful, focussed and intelligent offspring. [Wink]

*sigh* I demand a Hatrack Commune! [Wink] [Big Grin]

[ April 05, 2004, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Olivet ]

Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
And I miss you Olivia!

And I missed getting to meet CT at Wenchcon. I hope things are better for her!

Olivia, I agree, it would be nice if Hatrack River were a real place, where we could all be together.\

:: Happy ::

I got to have dinner with Tom and Christy, and Dan and Julie tonight! It was great!

((hugs for all))

[ April 06, 2004, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Zevlag ]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be worried if I were you, Zev. You know what happened the last time someone had dinner with Christ. [Eek!]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a shame I live so far away. Maybe I manage to spend my vacations in the U.S. next year, so I may go to some Hatrack Meetings (If I was invited, of course). [Smile]

But it's nice to know people are having fun. [Big Grin]

And if Hatrack was a real place, would you let me be the evil wizard living in a dark tower nearby? I swear my halloween parties would be a kick! [Party]

Signed: Sauron, the envious one ;-)

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I always had to be Christ for standardized tests because the scan-tron forms only had six letters and for some reason the teachers made me fill in as many as I could so I couldn't just be Chris.

Random thought for the morning.

I miss my CT, too! I need my weekly dosage. [Smile]

Although, after dinner last night, Tom and I think that a Hatrack commune would be a great idea, too. We always have fun out with Hatrackers and comment afterwards that we should get together more often.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Stop making me weep! I miss my Hatrack girlfriends! [Cry]
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Gah!

Sorry Christy! It was late and I had a long day.

Oh Jenny, I'm sorry. Hatrack friends are great. I miss them when I am not around.

:: So happy to be in Beloit ::

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It was a pleasure to meet all of you, by the way. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
--|--
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Best Vacation Ever.

[Smile]

Olivia, I'm still on Cloud Nine. I will write more later, but I just had to check in. Mmmmm ...

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.