FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Narnia to grace Minneapolis with her presence

Author Topic: Narnia to grace Minneapolis with her presence
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm coming to Minneapolis for a choir gig a week from today. We'll fly in on Wednesday night, sing Thursday and Friday, and I have the rest of Friday and Saturday free. I'll be flying out Saturday afternoon.

So, I have some free time Thursday morning before a 3pm rehearsal, and lots of free time Friday afternoon and evening. I also have Saturday morning free.

Do any jatraqueros live nearby? Abby? Would you want to do a late lunch on Friday or a Saturday brunch? I'd love to meet any of you that happen to be around. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
*mumbles* lucky minneapolis... [Grumble]
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
So when are you coming to Quebec City?

Our Carmina Burana concerts are on April 17 & 18. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

(((TAK)))
(((David)))

Well at least someone wants to see me!! [Wink]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*coughswehavethebestmusicschoolinthecountrycoughs*

[Kiss]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Yayyy!!! I'm jazzed! Lessee.. Thursday I have class until 4 so that's no good. Friday is... Hmm... Well I work from 4 am until 8 am... And then I have class from 9:10 until 10:10 and then again from 12:40 to 1:40, but after that I'm free until 8, at which point I have to work again... So between about 2 and about 7:30, I'm free! [Big Grin]

We could catch dinner someplace or go to one of the free and fun attractions in the cities, such as Como Zoo or The Minneapolis Institute of Arts. [Smile] Whatever you want to do is fine with me. [Smile]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia: You sing? You should talk to my wife, Jenni (JenniK here @ hatrack), she sings as well. She loves singing, and gets ssolo gigs for weddings and group meetings, even a few statewide gigs as a Rainbow Girl, back when she was one (instead of being an advisor as she is now).

What do you sing? Classical songs, or is this a religious group, or a club?

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

That sounds great Abby. (Anyone else is invited too for free Abby/Cecily fun times!!)

I'll let you know where I'll be staying and we can meet wherever's easiest for you.

Kwea, I do classical (I'm a music ed major), with musical theater shoved in there when I can. I'm actually pulling my senior recital together to be performed in May. It's going to be awesome. I've got a Debussy set, a Baroque set (Handel and a Purcell duet), a Brahms lieder set, Bachianas Brasileiras No.5 (complete with cello and in Portuguese!!), a Mozart aria, and a nifty musical theater set at the end. (Green Finch and Linnet Bird, What good would the Moon Be?, and I Wish it So.) I'm really excited about it!!

er..um. Anyway. I didn't mean to go into all that. [Blushing]

edit to add: this is the PSU chamber choir. that's the only group I belong to that's cool enough to actually go anywhere. [Smile]

[ April 07, 2004, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

No, that's exactally what I wanted to know...I'll tell my wife!

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

She read your "playlist" and loved it....she's too tired to post, but she says she'd like to talk music with you one day.

Perhaps she'll post tommorrow night when she gets home from work....

I payed 8 insturments in high school (mant moons ago [Big Grin] ), and I still play the flute occasionally. I even auditioned for the DSO when I was 17; I lied about my age and went to an open audition! I did really well, too....

My high school was very, very good....we were on national TV 7 times in 3 years, includidng the Orange Bowl, and they went to the Fiesta Bowl the year after I graduated. I took 3 music classes my senior year....just a little bit of a band fag.... [Evil]

Kwea

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I just picked up a pre-screening recording that I had to make for this workshop thingy from my voice teacher... it's the first time I've ever heard myself sing, it was so bizarre!

It was kinda fun to listen to, though, and it was a BLAST to record! I'm singing "Beau Soir," "La Pastorella delle Alpi," "Ouvre ton Coeur," and "Ah! Je Veux Vivre!"

I love it.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

You should post ti, so my wife and I can hear it......or send it to my e-mail! You can e-mail me through this site, I think...

Kwea

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.