FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Author Topic: Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
luthe
Member # 1601

- posted      Profile for luthe   Email luthe         Edit/Delete Post 
People I beg you please NEVER make a chart or graph where you the only way to tell you plots apart is by color. Particularly if the colors you choose are blue and purple. When you do this the chart is completely useless for me, and for at least a few other people.

I also have another plea for you. Should you have a set of twins don't name them with rhyming names. When you find out someone has a twin, don't quiz them about it. Here is why. When you ask questions like;

What is it like to be a twin?
Do you know what runs through their mind? Murderous thought, thoughts about gutting you, and leaving your remains to rot on the roof. Or how about another favorite.

Do you and your brother get along?
While this one does not bring the desire to beat the questioner to death nearly as quickly as the first, the desire still arrives just a little slower. What kind of response is it you are expecting? Perhaps a well I hit him with a baseball bat every time I see him, but other than we get along just fine. Would you ask this question to someone who has sibling a year or two older? And then there is the one that everyone always asks.

Can you read your brothers mind, or do you have ESP?
I am of the opinion that you should be shot just for thinking the question.

Manners raise you up out of the cesspool of fast-breeding jerks that have taken over the world. They as cost absolutely nothing. I am not talking about, only using the salad fork for the salad or another BS like that but simple things like saying excuse me, instead of just shoving past me. Things like not interrupting what we are doing to answer you cell phone, your not the freaking pope, the president is not about to call you up and ask your opinion about a bill, unless your wife is about to have a child answering your cell phone is not the most important thing in the world.

Posts: 1458 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems someone had a bad day...
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
you're a treasure, luthe!
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
My younger brother and I are 20 months apart, and I get asked whether or not we get/got along quite frequently.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

saxon, did you? I'm about 14 months from my bro.
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
13 months from my brother.

Ha! I win!

---

And...no. Not really ever.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to bristle a lot about people making presumptions about my race. Finally I decided it wasn't worthwhile being upset all the time. All the sudden, it seems to happen less. Or maybe I don't care as much.

I used to think that everyone who drove a Toyota or a Honda was an inconsiderate jerk, and I saw them everywhere. I decided to get over it and now they don't bother me.

The more you let something bug you the more it will consume your life.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
My brother was born on my second birthday. I tell people we share a birthday but we're two years apart, and they get this puzzled look on their face. "Are you twins?"

A lady I know here in town just had twin girls. She named them - are you ready? - Cara and C'ara, C'ara being pronounced like "Sierra." I can't handle it.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
My brother and I are three years apart. We get asked if we get along ALL THE TIME. Its part of being family, I think.

I have twin step-sisters, identical... Sandra and Deborah. They go by Sandy and Debbie. Seems reasonable to me.

[ April 10, 2004, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Paul Goldner ]

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
I think luthe means twins with names like Garret and Gavin or Alex and Alexis. Names that are really close.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

pooka,

How do you feel about cigarette smokers driving SUVs?

fallow

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*reads Google ad "Siblings Without Rivalry" and chortles*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.