FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you were an animal... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If you were an animal...
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like there are lots of cats on Hatrack.

*curls in a ball and promptly falls asleep for the next sixteen hours*

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll just stick to what I am. An Ass. Donkey for those who question.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
A Passenger Pigeon
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be a red-tailed hawk. I've always found them to be beautiful creatures, and I think flying would be a wonderful way to escape my parents telling me what to do with the rest of my life...

But that's another tangent. [Razz]

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furry
Member # 6441

- posted      Profile for Furry   Email Furry         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, what's up with the bad rep? I'm really not so bad once you get to know me. [Wink]
Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be a mongoose. Fat, furry, ferociously fecund, and living it large after slaying those evil cobra's hiding in the family's john.
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*mmrrphle*
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
sssSSSSssss

*ssilently purssuess fallow*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*flicks lustrous tail and scampers away*

HISSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be a whoredog. Lusti knows why [Wink]
Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to be a sea otter (didn't really think there'd be so many of us, heck maybe the others were thinking river otter, though I doubt it). But I'd probably be a beaver. I already build dams.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
CURIOSITY

may have killed the cat; more likely
the cat was just unlucky, or else curious
to see what death was like, having no cause
to go on licking paws, or fathering
litter on litter of kittens, predictably.

Nevertheless, to be curious
is dangerous enough. To distrust
what is always said, what seems,
to ask old questions, interfere in dreams,
leave home, smell rats, have hunches
do not endear cats to those doggy circles
where well-smelt baskets, suitable wives, good lunches
are the order of things, and where prevails
much wagging of incurious heads and tails.

Face it. Curiosity
will not cause us to die --
only lack of it will.
Never to want to see
the other side of the hill
or that improbable country
where living is an idyll
(although a probable hell)
would kill us all.
Only the curious
have, if they live, a tale
worth telling at all.

Dogs say cats love too much, are irresponsible,
are changeable, marry too many wives,
desert their children, chill all dinner tables
with tales of their nine lives.
Well, they are lucky. Let them be
nine-lived and contradictory,
curious enough to change, prepared to pay
the cat price, which is to die
and die again and again,
each time with no less pain.
A cat minority of one
is all that can be counted on
to tell the truth. And what cats have to tell
on each return from hell
is this that dying is what the living do.
that dying is what the loving do
and that dead dogs are those who do not know
that dying is what, to live, each has to do.
-Alastair Reid

[ April 11, 2004, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: ak ]

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
If we can pick fictional things, then i'll be a gelatinous blob that can change its Dna and apperance to that of anything. HA, now i'm everything.

I wonder if all this furrie disscusions will affect the next hatrack get-together... [Big Grin]

[ April 11, 2004, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to be a dolphin or some sort of travelling bird like a swallow (don't ask which kind).

I have no idea as to what I would be. Perhaps a lizard of somekind.

ps. I just read up on Tigons and Ligers and I must say they are very cool.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Here's some good info on big cats and hybrids.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I would sooo be a tiger. [Smile]
They're awesome.
I would settle for a cat, though.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it would be cool to be a lion, but knowing my luck, I’d be one of those rogue bachelor lions that can’t beat out the alpha male to get any of the females and has to wander the savanna alone.
Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I think it'd also be pretty cool to be a human/animal chimera, actually, most chimeras would be cool.

[ April 12, 2004, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Salaam
Member # 5239

- posted      Profile for Salaam   Email Salaam         Edit/Delete Post 
definitely a penguin

being able to swim 60 miles per hour and then jump 10 feet out of the water

also, your stomach is like a sled, I'd so be using that

Posts: 34 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kraid
Member # 6302

- posted      Profile for Kraid   Email Kraid         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always wanted to be a human/monkey hybrid. That way I could do a ton of martial art moves without hours and hours of falling on my butt. I could be like a real life Neo [Cool]
Posts: 20 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

ak,

*swoon*

fallow

fallow
Member # 6268

ak,

*wraps self in double swaddling of poetry and... SWOONS again*

fallow

CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
You can now officially take me off of the "single" list.

[Smile] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
*grin

ak, I have a copy of that above my desk. Took me years to find it again, but I never forgot it. Is there a better poem ever?

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
o-O Calvin? Are you complimenting ak's poem or ... uh... what are you saying?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Godd***. I was in the matchmaker thread and I accidentally pushed Next instead of the last page.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sugar+Spice
Member # 5874

- posted      Profile for Sugar+Spice   Email Sugar+Spice         Edit/Delete Post 
Moth.

I naturally nocturnal, I'm attracted to lights and shiny, glittery things and I like to fly at people who have a phobia of me and get entangled in their hair.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, CalvinMaker is my little brother. His new lack of singleness is nothing to do with me. [Smile]

But of course if I were an animal, I'd be the animal I am, a dragon. Ancient, deadly, and full of venom, as Slashy once said. [Smile]

Yeah, that is a great poem, CT. [Smile] I especially love "chill all dinnertables with tales of their nine lives" and "suitable wives" and "much wagging of incurious heads and tails".

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*shakes snake's limp form too and fro*

*wearies*

*drops snake and gaggingly spits out venom*

*reconsiders mongoose form and fantasizes about seafood*

punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
My playful nature suggests that sea otter would be a natural choice. I've also considered the benefits of being a ferret, curiousity and a will to explore.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be a leafy sea dragon. Saw one this weekend, and they are super cool.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If I couldn't be a tiger I think I'd like to be a York peppermint patty.

Hobbes [Smile]

Hobbesy dear, I'd advise against this. It would only be a matter of time until I ate you.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*does a leisurely backstroke and dives for shellfish*
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
a wolf (hence my username)
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd want to be some kind of bird of prey.

Here's a related question: this seems to be what animal would you want to be. Now, based on your personality, what kind do you think you'd end up being?

Inn my angy-at-myself moments, I'd say a poisonous snake. Otherwise, probably some sort of spaniel.

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
A ground hog... such a placid and peacable life.

And you're famous for one day each year.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
What animal I think I would in fact be, as opposed to wishing? One of those breeds of overly agreeable dog. Like a cocker spaniel.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking a thoroughbred stallion. What a great life. The pampered childhood. The moments of glory on the racetrack (winning the triple crown, naturally enough).

But the best part would be the retirement. Oh, yeah.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be a squid.
Tentacles are cool!

Or maybe a puffin. They are so squishy cute!

[edit] But actually I think I'm a cat. I just lay around looking for people to pet me and give me food. Meow!

[ June 22, 2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be a monkey. Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the rivers of british columbia, with my girl by my side...
or perhaps I've always wanted to be a lumberjack. I don't know

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Want to be: a phoenix
Probably am: something overly nervous....like a chihuahua. *shudder*

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.