FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Action League NOW!

Author Topic: Action League NOW!
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps I'll be accused of losing my mind, but I love this show. It looks like something done in someone's backyard and is populated by a bunch of dimestore dolls that are reposed and animated by strings.

Action League NOW! makes me laugh-out-loud on a regular basis.

Cast:
The Flesh- He's super strong and super naked. "Ouchies!"
Stinky Diver- With an attitude as bad as his smell."Blimey!"
Thunder Girl- She flies like...... thunder. "It's Thunderthighs, I mean, Thundergirl to the rescue!"
Meltman- With the power to melt and buy donuts.
The Chief- "Blasted!"
Bill the Lab Guy- "There's nothing I can do."
The Mayor- Evil genius. "Oops, here's trouble."

This is shown as both a stand-alone show on Nicktoons and part of a show called "Kablam", also on Nicktoons.

More linkage

Check it out, it's a hoot.

[ April 11, 2004, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: LadyDove ]

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, I have not seen that in soooooooo long, but I loved it when 'Kablam!' first came out.

[Big Grin]

That show made me happy.

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chizpurfle
Member # 6255

- posted      Profile for Chizpurfle   Email Chizpurfle         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, that show is airing again? Awesome. [Big Grin]

I also liked the other "Kablam!" shorts- one was with a boy and his weird sister (Angela Anaconda?). Another one I vaguely remember with a cat or something who locked himself in a bubble because he was afraid to catch germs.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that stuff is *soooo* funny! It's been forever, too!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

The Kablam short, "Prometheus and Bob" is also hilarious. I love the episode where Prometheus tries to teach Bob about clothes.
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it on DVD? I don't watch television, 'cept the Sunday night stuff.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

fallow-
I don't think ALN is on video/DVD yet. It first aired in Dec 2003, according to the site. I'm not sure about the the rest of Kablam.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Chiz- Life With Loopy.

Prometheus and Bob was, by far, the best of the shorts.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chizpurfle
Member # 6255

- posted      Profile for Chizpurfle   Email Chizpurfle         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't notice that second link.

The weird sister short I mentioned was "Life with Loopy." The cat thing was Chiz and Fondue.

Heh. I remember what Angela Anaconda is now- it was an entirely different short (not part of kablam) that they occasionally played during commercials on Nickelodeon long, long ago.

Yeah, I liked Prometheus and Bob as well. [Smile]

Posts: 35 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Ladydove,

I'll keep a lookout. Or maybe I'll get cable one of these days. Thanks for the recommendation. Looks pretty funny.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chizpurfle
Member # 6255

My favorite Action League NOW! character is Melt Man.

*chuckles*

It's kind of like Meg Griffin's power in The Family Guy. In that particular episode, everyone had these all these cool powers, while she, unfortunately, had the ineffectual ability to grow her nails at will. Funny stuff.

LadyDove
Member # 3000

Chiz-
Sorry about that. I added the second link through an edit.

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Action League NOW! I tried to make my own stop-animation movie with my Michaelango (the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, not the artist) action figure, but I only got about 2 seconds of footage (at 20-something stills a second) before I lost interest and moved on to something else. Maybe I'll try that again someday...
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

RRR-
You need Chuckimation .

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.