FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » To Hatrackers who are not Mormon: Thank you

Author Topic: To Hatrackers who are not Mormon: Thank you
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
This story really isn't representative of what happened with the whole conference/street preacher thing.

There were at several of the sessions, some true Christians who exercised the true fellowship of Christ by forming lines in front of the rowdy street preachers to shield them from the crowds going to and from conference last week. I was particularly amazed how this didn't receive much in the way of press coverage, even from my paper.

But it was appreciated by me, and from the hundreds of people writing letters to the editor at this paper expressing thanks for the Christian churches in the valley here who took a wonderful stance and made the conference experience what it should be.

And since I know that probably all practicing Christians, muslim, hindus, athiests and jews here at Hatrack would have done the same thing, I thank you through them for being good people. That was a very cool thing to behold.

[ April 12, 2004, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Trogdor the Burninator ]

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I would have winked at them if I had caught any of their eyes as I walked by, but none of them glanced at me.

And I had forgotten about them a half a minute later as I negotiated my entrance into the conference center. I don't think they had much of an effect on many people there.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Kind of like the angel action activists at the Matthew Shepherd trial. I like it. Peaceful yet purposeful.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
I love that a thread for non-Mormons has LDS singles ads at the bottom. This is just a thinly veiled attempt to convert us, isn't it?
Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Everything is a thinly veiled attempt to convert you. [Wink]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Today, the preachers will be out again, expecting to culminate their effort with a traditional post-conference debriefing at the Golden Corral buffet.
[ROFL]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever I go to New Orleans there are always troops of good christian soldiers trying to convert me and/or tell me how evil I am. [Wink] But I don't mind. Most of them are cool and I'm actually proud of them for doing this difficult thing for what they believe. I usually talk to them for hours on end and we get some food or drink and end with a group prayer. [Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure beats This guy.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Frisco, thank you for pointing that out. That made me laugh. Out loud. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.