FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » OK. Trog needs all the good vibes, karma, prayers, proxy prayers he can get.... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OK. Trog needs all the good vibes, karma, prayers, proxy prayers he can get....
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
I've secured an interview with an awesome company for a management position in HR communications/marketing.

Here's the story.

I'm writing stories right now for the Deseret News involving Human Resource functions. This Sunday I'll have a story involving Underemployment. I'm currently working on a story that talks about the proven financial edge of companies that have strongly ethical corporate cultures.

One of the people I'm interviewing is a honch at O.C. Tanner, a pretty well-known consulting firm around here.

So, I'm on the phone with him, setting up the interview and he asks me how the job hunt is going. "It's ok, but I haven't had time to really put a lot of effort into it."

"Would you want to work here? We have a management position that will probably show up pretty soon and we need someone just like you to come in. Are you interested in interviewing?"

**Pat's jaw drops**

It was hard not being too excited. It's a good thing I have an updated resume and cover letter on my laptop.

He's already got em.

Anyway.... I honestly believe in the power of prayer, thoughts, vibes. Send them my way, please.

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
That is cool. Good luck.

*sends good vibes Pat's way*

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
What a fabulous opportunity, Pat.

Good luck!!!!!!!

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Pat)))
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::sends out good vibes::
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
**burninates Icarus**

Not those, meathead.

vibes, prayers, good feelings....

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Woot! Good luck!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck!

::sends good vibes out::

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Ah, what the hell...

(((((((man hugs Joe))))))))

Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Hah!

I will defy you all and notdo any ((())), though I do in other threads.

I will, however, wish you the best of luck.

Tip: The day after the interview, contact them and say thanks, if you have any questions feel free to contact me, et cetra.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
So what's this guy's name? And phone number. And e-mail address.

My prayers will definitely be all the more efficacious if you e-mail me that info, Pat.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
--I-- --I--
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Silly Zal. I never let jealousy get in the way of a good relationship. That's why you'll NEVER get that information.

Wow. Two birds from mack. That's a record.

Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

No worries. There's no way I'm moving to Utah.

But since Pat is already there -- good luck, man.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

[Big Grin]
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh . . . the double deuce!

Best of luck to you, Evil Master Patrick the Great.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

Although I have to admit, I worry about the state of your soul, Pat. I mean working at O.C. Tanner? Isn't that like one step away from joining the evil empire -- Franklin Covey?

::shudder::

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Anything is a step up from the dregs of pagination at the Deseret Morning News, my friend.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Extra Bonus Good Luck to Troggy. [Smile]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

But, Pat. At the DMN you are doing the *Lord's* work.
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Meh. This place is run by Satan himself.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Knock'em dead, Trogdor. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Thanks, Stormy.
[Smile]

Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Knock 'em dead, Pat. But since all I have is bad karma (I TPed one too many houses on April Fool's day), I'll avoid sending it your way. [Big Grin] I'll be thinking of you, though, and hoping things go well for you. You deserve it.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

So you are saying that I shouldn't consider everything I read in the DMN to be just a notch below conference talks, i.e. "almost" scripture?

That's just crazy. Next you're going to be saying that the Trib is worth reading and isn't filled with lies, calumny, and Mormon-bashing.

::shakes head::

Poor Pat. Where did you go wrong? I think you've been associating too much with the gentiles here at Hatrack. Get thee to Nauvoo, boy. No, wait. That place is suspect too. Ummmm. Well, you probably shouldn't use the Internet at all, but if you can't quit cold turkey, I recommend that you limit yourself to Meridian Magazine and Deseret Book's Web site.

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Thanks, Ruth.... that was very nice...

Do you wanna become my chief minion? I think I could arrange that.

[Smile]

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Okay Zal... knock that off. It'll take me at least ten minutes to clean the diet pepsi off my screen.

Zal, I think you and I were separated at birth.

Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

Pat:

So I guess I don't have to make a joke about drinking diet pepsi on the job because, well, you probably already know what I'm going to say.

----
Okay. I'm done now. Best of luck.

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

I smuggled it in, so to speak.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

*bottom lip quivers*

But I thought I was chief minion.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

She's cuter.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

She's also taken! [Mad]
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

[Big Grin]

I know that.

[Big Grin]

Sides, I was just testing ya... to see if you still have the mean streak necessary to be chief minion.

You passed.

Ruth is my second counselor, though.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

[Big Grin]

I'm fine with that arrangement.

aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I be in the minion? PLEASE? I don't know what strengths a can bring other than my knowledge of all the lyrics of "Strong Bad Sings."

I can also wear my Limozeen T-shirt.

Lightening Bolts to you, Trog.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for Lara   Email Lara         Edit/Delete Post 
*anxiously awaiting a live burnination for brown-nosing*
Posts: 377 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, just think: as a HR manager, you can have all the minions you want! [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

I already have all the minions I want.

**wonders**

Was that your version of a good vibe?

eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
*sends positive affirmations*

[ April 15, 2004, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: eslaine ]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
<pats Pat>
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, man! I'll reserve the Big Right On for when you give us the rest of the good news. In the meantime:

::good vibes::

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, are you trying to break up our marriage?

'Cause I'm telling you now, it ain't gonna work.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Good vibes and prayers are yours for the asking.

Good luck.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Oh C'mon Ruth, you know Jon would elope with me if I only asked.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

O_o
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Thanks Dana... and same to you....
Brinestone
Member # 5755

No, Pat. You are his evil master, but in terms of babaliciousness, I'm confident that I win this contest hands down, at least in Jon Boy's mind. [Evil Laugh]

Hm. I don't think I've ever used that smiley before now.

*struts stuff*

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

It's true, Pat. As hot as you are, my wife is still hotter.
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

You mean... that email you just sent me professing your unending man love for me was a lie?

[Frown]

**runs away**

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Okay. That was weird. Sorry....

Back to the thread, now.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.