FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » OK. Trog needs all the good vibes, karma, prayers, proxy prayers he can get.... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OK. Trog needs all the good vibes, karma, prayers, proxy prayers he can get....
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Since when does "man love" equal "gay love"?

Bigot.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
*blink*

Uhm, good vibes to you, Pat.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*edges away slowly from thread*

Good luck and vibes! [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Yeah, that was weird. I think I need to play some violent video games now.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Again, I'm sorry. I do weird things like that when I'm so happy!

I mean, I don't run off with curly headed newlywed guys... I mean I say strange things...

Just to clear that up.

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Amka, kat?

I need prayers from you two.

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Done. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely. For you and your family. And we still have to have a get together.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Definitely.
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Somehow this thread has reminded me of the quintescential hatrack moment when Slash posted this statement to David Bowles:

"If I ever go gay, it would be for you, man."

*sniff* It was one of the most touching things I've ever read.

Prayers sent your way, Pat.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Thanks, Adrian....

[Smile]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers, vibes, and assorted good thoughts headed your way, Pat. [Smile]

When's the interview?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome, Pat. *Vibes*

Although H.R. managers... *shudder* They might as well wear a black robe and carry a sickle. They serve a necessary function, but you don't want one wandering around your floor.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Trog: good luck and all ...

is Deseret News looking for a paginator? Cause that's what I do - almost 3 years experience now and lots of experience in lots of other things. [Wink]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Hopefully they will, asap.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
ah, I would have to move - the commute from Iowa is terrible ...
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
*vibes*

I'm a bit worried that my Heathen Prayers might have the opposite effect of what I intend. So, as I don't want to call down fire from heaven or anything, I'll just 'vibe' you. Is that okay? [Smile]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck on the interview.

And on that paper.

And on that other paper.

And didn't you have a 3rd paper?

What are you doing on Hatrack? Get back to work.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope the situation will yield the best result for you, and hopefully in not too much of an awesome tribulation enduring perspective.

In other news, I found out today (Friday) that on Monday I received an email rejecting me for that job that I was looking at. It's a good thing that on Tuesday I realized I didn't really want the job after all because I would start out working Sundays. The email must have come right after I checked Monday.

It's mostly a good thing, because I wasn't sure how I was going to go about telling them I decided I didn't want the job (which I had applied for back in January). It was too little money anyway. But getting rejected is still... getting rejected. [Razz]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
I hope that your obsession with Jon Boy doesn't interfere with your career.

Or with my obsession with Jon Boy.

Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] ~~~good vibrations, a'happin' with you~~~~~~~~>>> Pat
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
When you become the HR manager, you can pencil in a * on your deskplate, so you'd be the H*R manager. Homestar assimilation will be complete!
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

:recalls the days when "meme" was being discussed as important to the HR community, and pooka didn't realize it was Hatrack, not Human Resources:
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, when you become HR manager, hire me [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Prayer to ya, Slash. Good fortune!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

[Confused]

Slash?

**eats Sopwith**

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Pat,

I'm clearing a space in my grumpy time today to send good vibes and wishes on this opportunity.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

When is grumpy time? Is that like nap time except you can't for whatever reason?
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
pooka,

for me, all this week has been "grumpy time."

Combination of factors - stress and sickness mostly.

But I am setting it all aside for awhile to send Pat some positive vibes and will try to make sure my germs don't get mixed up with the vibes. [Wink]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, that's the coolest. (reading the first post, not the rest of the thread)

I'll be praying for you. I don't think you need it though. [Smile]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
That was cool, CT. If ((())) is "hugs", then I nominate ~~~X~~~ for the official hatrack shorthand for "good vibes"

~~~Pat~~~

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

~~~~~sndrake~~~~~
~~~~~KarlEd~~~~~

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Update: I'm going to interview him for my story here in about 10 minutes. In the meantime, he wrote me back earlier today to tell me that he thought my resume was impressive.

Of course, now I'm wondering if he thought my experience and credentials are impressive or if the resume looked nice.

Anyway... Thanks everyone. I love it. Keep em coming.

pat [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

[ April 16, 2004, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Trogdor the Burninator ]

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat*
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
Of course, now I'm wondering if he thought my experience and credentials are impressive or if the resume looked nice.
Hey, good formatting has to count for something, right?
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
You better hope so, JB. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I'd better hope so? [Confused]
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
JB: I'm trying to be funny by posting a comment that seems like an insult but is one that really doesn't make sense and is completely oblique and thus falls flat on its face. I find humor in failed attempts at bluster/machismo. Apparently I'm the only one who finds this sort of thing funny because I keep doing it and nobody laughs.

I still think it's funny, though.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that acknowledging your particular form of wit would detract from it.
Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I snickered a bit, Zal. Does that help?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

That's kind of what I thought, Zal, but I wasn't sure if you were trying to be funny or if you were just being stupid. I've found that that particular type of humor doesn't work so well online, which is unfortunate, because I'm also a fan of it.

[ April 16, 2004, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.