FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Getting ready for the big move on a big day

Author Topic: Getting ready for the big move on a big day
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yeah. My dad and a friend of ours, Mike, (past scoutmaster) drove down to my place yesterday and loaded my Chevy p/u and the rest of my stuff onto a trailer. My stuff is now headed up to Michigan [Wave] . I almost cried as I saw my truck leaving me [Cry] . It was my baby for a long time down here. It needed work so I worked on it. A great project. Alas, I have to move on board the ship sometime and have no place to put a vehicle. My room is bare except for the stuff that I am taking on board w/ me. also: a bed, a computer desk, and cardboard boxes that are not going on board.

We had fun tho yesterday. After we loaded the truck (we were done by 9:30 in the morning) we headed to the Virginia Marine Science Museum [Roll Eyes] . I thought it was boring at first. I don't care for this kinda stuff. However, Mike was all over it. He lives on an island in MI, so he just digs this stuff. The part that I liked.....we went to see Nascar 3D at the IMAX. Ohhhh man that was AWESOME! [Cool] [Cool] Mike and My dad liked it too.

It was about 3:30 or so by the time we left. They got situated in their hotel room, and decided to head to dinner. My dad loves eating at the Fisherman's Wharf. It's a nice seafood resturaunt that sits on the shoreline. This marks the first time that he was down here that he did not eat there. Reason was they were closed because the hurricane destroyed the building. So we ate at Captain George's. It was after this that they drove my baby away from the house I live in.

Oh yeah, and uh at some time around 8:30 this morning I turned 24.
[Party]

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
The best age! (till I turn 25)
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Insurance drops. yeah, I told my dad that as he paid for everything yesterday because it was "my birthday."

He also wonders if he will see me for my next b-day. He thinks if things escalate, then I will be gone for the 25th one. I keep telling him my transfer date is 8 days before so.

[ April 17, 2004, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Stan the man ]

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
Where in michigan, stan?

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

They are taking the truck to my grandfather's place just outside of Caro, MI. It's in the thumb area. Yes, we are all trolls in my family.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.