FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Just saw George Carlin

Author Topic: Just saw George Carlin
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
Saw him live here in gboro.

He was Amazing. Freaking hilarious. Just as dirty as can be. Everyone's gonna split spleens laughing when his next special comes out.

[ROFL] [Evil Laugh] [ROFL]

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
envies odouls268.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, because agreeing with someone's political views is absolutely necessary in enjoying their sense of humor.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice, Lalo.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Eddie, that was way out of line.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
shhhh....be vewy, verwy qwite....wes hwunting twolls....

Carlin is amazing, even if he is a bloody bleeding heart liberal like what's his face says...

[Evil]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
*finds it mildly amusing that anything is considered "out of line" in a discussion regarding Carlin, who wanted to erase all the lines*

Love his ideas, but just don't think he's funny for some rason. [Dont Know]

His bit about inventing a new religion around the sun is especially pertinent to our recent discussions. [Smile]

[ April 18, 2004, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: Beren One Hand ]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
The only Carlin routine I've ever found that engaging was the "stuff" one. That was bordering on the brill.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
I love listening to some of Carlin's works, and have to admit that I read Eddie's post as something like a Carlin rant.

I checked, and lusti can be happy - there won't be any Carlin events in Phoenix in the foreseeable future. [Cry]

Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat*

If it makes you feel better, I can litter this post with the seven dirty words. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
has anyone else seen Carlin live? I've seen a few of his specials on HBO, and he was one of the only good things about Jersey Girl, but I've never seen him live.

I bet he is even funnier live...

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
I've gotten most of the 7 words monolouge memorized (I especially loved the "replace the word love with f$%k).

But yes, this would be the bad place for it (save it for hatrack chat instead). [Evil]

Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
We made a point of seeing Carlin every time he came to central Florida. He was hilarious, and then he disappeared for a couple years and came back pissed. His next two albums just weren't as funny, for my tastes -- too much anger for me to laugh at what he was saying -- but his last ones have been great.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I think George Carlin is hilarious. Have never seen him live, though...
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite Carlin bit is the one about unidentifiable food in the fridge. "Is this meat or is it cake? It's meat-cake!"

[ April 18, 2004, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: LadyDove ]

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

I liked his seven words monologues in which he replaced the word "Kill" with "F***".
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

quote:
But hey, maybe I was wrong about the positions you hold.
Frankly, no one around here knows anything about the positions I hold. Often, that includes me. My actual positions are almost without fail very gray and without definite lines, because one of my only firm defined beliefs is that very few issues have firm defined lines of right and wrong. However, the poistions that I defend on Hatrack are very firm, rigid, black or white, and almost completely unbending. That's how I choose to debate here.

For instance, my stance on smoking: Around here I assert that smoking is a disgusting horrible cancer causing habit. Which, while true that it does cause cancer, and while true that it makes my eyes burn a bit, if it really bothered me all that much, I wouldn't work in clubs and bars for a living like I do. Truly, I don't give a shit if people smoke, except my loved ones. And even then, I don't bother with those who have smoked all my life, only the ones who are starting smoking now.
(Yes, a rare moment of frankness from odouls)

And to be honest, I'd like to see some linkage or quotes referring to when I put forth ideas as a homophobe (because I know for certain that in the homosexuality threads I make it clear that 'This is not my view, but Id like to ask...') as pro-life (because I can't remember posting non-fluff in an abortion thread. I won't even talk about that one in person) or as sympathetic to the plight of the suffering white man (because I am hispanic and give less than a shit about the plight of the whiny white man).
If you've got links to those threads or quotes from them, I'd really like to see that and see if they are posts from 1996 which was the last time I was a homophobe.

jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Comedy Central ranked him second behind Pryor in their 100 greatest stand-ups show (for what it's worth).
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.