FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Prayers, please.

Author Topic: Prayers, please.
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
The girl who lives next door to me is also sharing an apartment with me starting in May. Well, technically, our lease started last week. She had to leave the day we went to sign it because she found out her father had a heart attack, and he was in the hospital. So, she flew home, and no one has heard from her since.

My mother called her family this morning. It turns out, her father died. She doesn't want to talk to anyone, and no one knows when she's coming back. [Frown] She and her dad were extremely close.

So I'd really appreciate it if you guys could pray for her. Her entire family is still in shock. It's kind of unnerved me as well, since (as I recall) her father was younger than mine...and mine smokes like a chimney. So I've been wondering how _I_ would react if...

Yeah. Let's not go there. Pray for her please, you guys.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
~~~~~pH~~~~~
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
/\ *prayers for pH's friend*

((hugs for pH))

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers and good thoughts are on the way.

When you do talk to your friend, please give her my best. I've been right where she is, and it's awful. She'll be okay, but it will take time.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
~~~~~pH~~~~~

Hope all turns out ok.

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
paryers for your friend~~~~~
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((pH)))))

*prays for friend*

[Frown]

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
To make things even better, I just found out that another girl on my floor is having to leave school after a tumor was discovered on her liver, so she has to have a biopsy. She also has infections in her bladder, kidneys, and stomach.

[Frown] It's so close to the end of the year, too.

[ April 19, 2004, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: pH ]

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww. [Frown]

(((((Pearce)))))

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Good thoughts & prayers for you and BOTH your friends.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Pearce, you're a sweet friend. I'll keep you both in my prayers.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn...

Prayers on the way.

I also hope everything works out okay with the housing arrangements.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.