FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » OSC feedback (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: OSC feedback
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Even more disturbing, Bob is the little baby with flipper feet that gets flushed down a toilet.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
The Sister of the Faith!!!

Sister Carlotta!!!

(forgot her name)

[ April 24, 2004, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob is also a little onanistic monkey.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Holy Discovery, batman! Bob Scopatz is Christopher Columbus!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I don't think we can actually qualify Chris Columbus as an OSC character...he's not an original.

[ April 24, 2004, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, OK PSIT, let's compromise, and say that OSC's depiction of Chris Columbus was based on Bob.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Oh, definitely.
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob is Jane, Bob is Meb,
Bob's a sister who is dead,
Bob is Ender, Bob's the Queen,
Bob is Beauty, and just as mean.
Bob is everyone to you and me--
And most important to OSC.

[Hail]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ha ha ha.

Bob's the mean old blacksmith
And Al's brother Calvin, too
He's a little bit of me
And of "piggy" people, too.

He communicates through ansible
And vibrations in the air
He is Bob, though, and we love him
Even with his real long hair.

[ April 24, 2004, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Scott R
Member # 567

Al's brother's name is Calvin-- but good job anyway.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UTAH
Member # 5032

- posted      Profile for UTAH   Email UTAH         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Hatrack for helping me to see the error of my ways. If I had known beforehand the reprocussions that would evolve from my "rude" remark, I promise I would never had said it. I realize now that one must have a thick skin to be part of this community (more than a lurker).
I appreciate and thank those few of you who saw that I did not mean anything malicious with my "confession." I was very surprised that it was labeled as rude.
I enjoy coming here once in awhile to see what everyone is interested in and thinking about and sometimes I like to add my two cents worth. Anyone who thinks I am out to criticize or be rude to the Cards is totally off track about me. As I have said previously, I LOVE OSC's books and have read almost all of them. I also recommend him to everyone that will listen. I seriously hope to meet him someday.
I shouldn't have said what I did on this forum. Kat was right to call me on it, but she also expected me to understand what she was freaked out about (Cards were going to shut down the forum.) and I didn't. I didn't know the ins and outs of this website. I also didn't know all of the previous postings about such comments. Without excuses, I apologize for the second time.
So, with this said, can we all move on?

By the way, I'm a she. (Someone referred to me as "he" in their post.)

[ April 24, 2004, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: UTAH ]

Posts: 277 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
UTAH, I don't think you were rude. And I think that Kat posted out of reaction to a general trend lately, including other people who truly HAVE been rude in the last few weeks, most notably on the other side. And so I don't think Kat was responding primarily to you, but that your post was just the occasion. I wouldn't feel too bad about it if I were you. And don't put blinders on: many people posted to say that you were not out of line.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Utah, I wasn't saying anything about your posts. I went back to read what you'd written and you've already edited it, so I can't even say whether I thought it was unwarranted or not.

Basically, I think as long as it isn't a personal attack it's probably okay. Read kacard's post above for her views on it. She and Kathy Kidd are in charge of that anyway, not any of us.

I'm sorry you felt like we dog-piled you. Things work better when we welcome newcomers rather than jump all over them for their honestly expressed views.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"Al's brother's name is Calvin-- but good job anyway."

I know that, Scott. But because of the general "OSC bases all characters on Bob" comment, then he would also be Al's brother. It just fit into the rhyme scheme of my deeply intellectual poem, that's all.

Scott R
Member # 567

Um. . . You said 'And Al's brother Caleb, too'

[Confused]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ach! I did! Apologies all around! I am going to change it, though, so beware that it will make your post sound silly, and then you will have to delete it. I will leave mine up in pennance.
ha ha.

Also, I cannot really remember a character who communicated through vibrations in the air, but was hoping no one would notice that, or else just think of a character who could.

[ April 24, 2004, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Most of OSC's characters communicate that way....
It's called speech! [ROFL]

That's all sound waves are, right?

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ha ha! Yes, it is! Thanks.
Kwea
Member # 2199

No problem!
[Evil]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm lost.
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

It was part of her poem; she used a line (just for a rime.. [Evil] ) that made comment about communicating by vibrations in the air; she didn't realize..

You know, it isn't nearly as funny if you try to explain it....

nevermind.... [Taunt]

Kwea

fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You know, it isn't nearly as funny if you try to explain it....
The TRUTH finally outs.

*nods sagely*

fallow

*licks self*

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.