FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late (Page 4)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
<--has debit card, but not credit.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.

Looking over the list, I'm guessing Bob the Lawyer is your best bet for somebody with a credit card. And he has nice credit. Being a lawyer.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, it never occurred to me that the possession of credit cards might be a limiting factor. [Smile] But I can see how that would be an issue.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Nate, many debit cards are on the Visa or Mastercard systems now. Of course, the drawback to using that is that they tend to take more than the amount of the room rate (against possible other charges), and refund it later. (Happened to someone at Wenchcon, neh?) But if all else fails . . . [Dont Know]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
You are all fine, upstanding young men, yes? And you understand that if I put your reservation on my credit card when I make our reservation and you do not pay me when we get there, I will hunt you down? Not to mention that you will not get your KamaCon shirts, assuming you're planning on ordering one.

If so, I will do that, but I will not be making our reservation until after I meet Ryuko's mom, which looks like it will be next week, maybe. And if y'all sound like you're flaking the week before, I can always cancel it. [Smile]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
My crazy beautiful wonderful wife signed up on eBay yesterday, and, while Mooselet and I were at dinner with Rivka and A Rat Named Puppy, bought four tickets for the Friday Cubs game. So that's definitely when we're going, and since Superstation won't actually be sitting, we have an extra seat if anyone would like to join us.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
ME! ME! OH! ME! ME! ME!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Since no one else has volunteered, I'll go. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack, Mama sent me an e-mail indicating she wasn't sure you were excited enough. Kat, for example, used a smiley.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

See, was that so difficult?
mackillian
Member # 586

--I-- --I--
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think this attitude is helping, mack.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob and I will likely be arriving in Chicago sometime on Thursday. Might the Moose family be available for pre-Con activities?

Unfortunately, we have to leave by late afternoon on Saturday. [Frown]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

You know we love you Mack!

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
dkw, I am sure something can be arranged. I can't wait to meet you.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[Grumble]

People like doing this to me.

Yesterday, at the bank, I gave the teller a twenty and asked for a roll of quarters.

He said no.

me: ...

And he started laughing.

My PSYCHIATRIST does this TOO.

Me. "So you going to call me after you talk to them?"

Him. "No. I'm not going to call you."

Me. "..."

Him. "Ever."

Me. "..."

And he CRACKS UP.

Me. "THAT WAS NOT FUNNY!"

Him. "I thought it was pretty damn funny."

*sigh*

Screw you all! --I--

katharina
Member # 827

*hug*
B166ER
Member # 6380

- posted      Profile for B166ER   Email B166ER         Edit/Delete Post 
I admittedly make many such sarcastic comments as jokes, and do so fairly often. I even sometimes say them without thinking about it online, when it is far harder to tell that it is in jest since there is no tone or body language.

While I don't beleive I have ever made any such comments to you directly, I'm sorry on behalf of all sarcastic jerks like me [Frown] .

(I really am trying not to do that so much)

Posts: 36 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve's great amusment is to tweak me so much about something that I start sputtering and can't get whole words out, just fragmented syllables.

Then I see his face and can tell he did it on purpose cause he is chuckling to himself. And the little smirk that he gets is so darn funny-cute I forget to get mad.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Guys, whenever that happens, I end up laughing as well. Because I do that sort of stuff to OTHER people.

So I deserve it.

[Smile]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

So... you still want to go to the Cubs game with us?
mackillian
Member # 586

Please?
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

You're in, mack. I'll follow up with you via IM or e-mail to figure out details of meeting and such.
mackillian
Member # 586

*dances*
rivka
Member # 4859

As I am arriving at daybreak (more or less) Friday, I would also be interested in pre-Con activities with the aforementioned parties. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Our flight arrives at O'Hare at 12:52 PM on Friday. In case anyone wanted to know.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

rivka are you flying into o'hare or midway? This will be crucial carpool info.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, got to get our room taken care of, and sooner the better.

Lalo- No credit card.
Frisco- No credit card.
Nathan- No credit card, but has debit card.
Noah (who I think is rooming with us.. I dunno)- don't know
Bob (still unsure if he's rooming with us)- Possibly. Unknown.

We might have to Eljays offer, although I doubt that we are ALL upstanding young men. [Wink] Before we do that I'd just like to confirm who for sure will be rooming in that room?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Do not forget fugu. Who likewise lacks a credit card, though has a debit card, but is well situated money wise (my "concern" is whether or not I'll raise $1300 extra in time to get a nice digital camera setup before the con [Wink] ).
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd just like to point out that while I don't know whether or not I can come, I *do* have a credit card.

Thank you. Good night.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

considers whips and chaines to make BtL come
(Oh my that could be way out of context but I like it as it stands)

AJ

rivka
Member # 4859

AJ, I'm flying into ORD -- that's O'Hare, right? -- at (ACK!) 6:30 AM.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

hmm we will have to see when other people are arriving. If worse comes to worse it will be quite easy to pick you up at that ungodly hour of the morning myself.

AJ

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
AJ

When we call for reservation, do they actually take out, or put a "hold" on that amount of money immediately? Or does it not get withdrawn until we arrive?

Things are little tight right now..

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
AJ, I'm flying into ORD -- that's O'Hare, right? -- at (ACK!) 6:30 AM.
rivka - and AJ,

I'm pretty close to O'Hare. Barring unforeseen events taking me out of town, I'd be happy to do the pick-up.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Farmgirl, I have no idea. I would call and ask. Wendy is very nice. The $150 deposit was due up front but that was in the fine print too. But I'm staying with Celia and she's doing the reserving for our room group so I don't know how the individual rooms are being charged. I would guess it is only once you arrive, that is how it works most places.

AJ

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
for a second I thought maybe I could come to KamaCon, but the dates are during the State Fair Leadership Conference thing that I earned through 4-H.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The contact's name is Wendy. Her number is 847-763-3009 You have to call her to get our group rate. Tell her you want a room for Kama Con.
Okay, another stupid question before I call Wendy. Do we pronounce Kama with a long 'a' sound, or a short 'a' sound (like 'came' or like 'cam') I don't want to sound stupid to her.

Do I go ahead and reserve our room as being for four people? Even if I'm not sure who else is rooming with us yet? (I think Kasie is with Ivygirl and me)

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I'm saying it like "comma" but with a little more K and A at the beginning. (like the beginning of the word kamakazi)

It doesn't matter, really it doesn't. I'll listen to Kama say her own name and then figure out how to say it "right"

AJ

[ May 28, 2004, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

rivka
Member # 4859

AJ and sndrake, you guys are great. [Smile] I was totally figuring I would have to take the train, since likely there wasn't anyone else coming at the same time to share a cab.

Thank you.

I have NOT reserved a room yet, btw. I have to clarify where I'm staying Monday night first, so I know for sure that I'm not at the hotel then, too. Should be able to reach the people I need to talk to Sunday. Then I will reserve a suite toot sweet.

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm officially in poverty... can I sleep on someone's floor? [Frown]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I'm glad to concede the early morning trip to sndrake as I suspect I will be making several others.

Depending on when everyone comes in, I'm guessing one noon-early afternoonish and then one evening run to o'hare along with a Midway run too.

AJ

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm glad to concede the early morning trip to sndrake as I suspect I will be making several others.

AJ,

I'm willing to do more than the one run. We can coordinate as the date approaches. O'Hare is easy for me - I'm real familiar with the airport.

I figure there will be enough running to do for two vehicles and drivers. At least. [Wink]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

*hugs sndrake*

[Wink]
AJ

rivka
Member # 4859

Well, my online informants tell me the Thai place is no more. [Grumble] They were also less than enthused about the Chinese place -- but that wasn't really likely for during the weekend anyway. OTOH, Bagel Country and Bugsy's got thumbs up. So did Slice of Life. [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

*bump* for Space Opera -- and me! I need to make that reservation.
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Reservation made for the celia/blacwolve/Banna room. Theca, you're welcome to join us if you change your mind (*hopes*). You other two, I'll send out an email with the details shortly.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
Becky and I still need roomies, I believe.

I'll try to get her online soon so that she can participate in the conversation... she's much better at organizing activities than I.

But yeah, anyone still looking for a room to join?

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the main guy's room already had 5, so I could throw in with you and becky, ken.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.