FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Harry Potter und der Gerfangene de Askaban

Author Topic: Harry Potter und der Gerfangene de Askaban
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
International Trailer (bottom of trailers):

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/h/harrypotter3.php

Hehehe... German.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Kommen shieder hieder beider. Wonder what that means.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
German is totally my new favorite foreign language. This may have to do with my reent acquisition of a dirndl.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, can anyone explain to me why Harry sounds like a twelve-year-old girl?

Actually, I think it was kommen hieder shnieder bieder. [Big Grin]

[ April 23, 2004, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
We're learning a bit of German ourselves after an exchange scientist that I've become friends with sent us a German card game.

Luckily, she was nice enough to include a translation, but it is cool to try to figure out the German.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
"The leaky cauldron" for HP news... A cool site
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the perpetual newby
Member # 6468

- posted      Profile for the perpetual newby   Email the perpetual newby         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Did anyone else notice a lot of Heiling ? (Kudos to Hagrid for the two-handed one [Smile] )

[Group Hug]

Posts: 25 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the perpetual newby
Member # 6468

- posted      Profile for the perpetual newby   Email the perpetual newby         Edit/Delete Post 
^
Ha ha ha.....it edited out the wacky former German dictator's name.....

[ROFL]

Posts: 25 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka -- in answer to your question..

At the very end of the trailer, she knocks on the door, and says "room service"... then we see that scene of the door opening, etc. then slamming. Then that last line is "I will come back later" or we would probably say it as "I guess I will come back later".

I asked our German foreign exchange student to watch it and interpret it for me.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that the one that looks like Jesse?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
No, Jesse looks like the German foreign exchange student we had two years ago (2002). Dead ringer.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Wish I could see it!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.