FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Jatraquero's Ebay Items (Page 0)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jatraquero's Ebay Items
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Gah... I wish I had known about this thread last night. I had some ARC books up for auction. A friend of mine found a bunch of them at a flea market and wanted me to auction off the ones she decided not to keep.

Normally, I sell gemstones and jewelry I have. I am also thinking of auctioning off some of the beaded necklaces I've been making, some of which use simple seed beads while others are made with genuine gemstones.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, larisse, can I see? I have a coworker who loves beaded jewelry, and I would like to buy her something, as she is going through a painful divorce right now. She needs a present!
Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

jexx,

I wasn't going to be placing the beaded jewelry up until Monday, if you can wait until then.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

I can wait, larisse [Smile] But I'd like to see some of your prior work, if you don't mind? My aunt used to do jewelry design, and I find it terribly interesting.

KarlEd bid on my Pink Lady painting! Woohoo! My mom won't bid on it, so I'm glad it will find a home *somewhere*. VBG It's quite...um...vibrant. Mom much prefers subtler colors. [Big Grin]

Also: note to Beren: I have been outbid for mack's photo and am 'out of the race'. *grin*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I love beaded jewelry! Can't wait!

Jexx, I use Sparedollar as my listing assistant. It's $4.95 a month and gives me tons of space for photo and image storage. They provide some templates, and you can make your own. That beach template was one that someone did and offered up for free use. It is a sparedollar template, though - so if you copied the HTML it wouldn't work on just any auction, it's got some sparedollar specific code in it. ONce I design a template, I just store it and bring it up when I have an auction. It's great, if you sell enough on ebay I think going with sparedollar or vendio or one of the other services is a good idea.

I'm learning how to do my own, I've been working on it.

I'll be listing some new, custom made clothing soon!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

The seed bead necklaces are not too intricate. They are mostly one stranded with a charm or pendant in either sterling silver or silvertone metal. I try to mix with the colors mostly.

At this time, most of the necklaces I have left are ones with crosses. I do have one left with a star charm and one with a sunflower charm.

I actually sat down and drew out (as best I could not being an artist) designs for the gemstone beaded necklaces.

All of this came about because I have a slight obsession with patterns. For instance, I made a couple of necklaces for Valentine's Day with pink crystal beads and clear crystal beads using different sterling silver heart pendants. The ratio used was 2 clear crystal beads to 14 pink crystal beads. Did I say not intricate? I meant not too complicated.

Belle
Member # 2314

Cool! I want to see the ones with crosses.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been trying to come up with ways to earn extra money.

Is it really worth it to make stuff to sell on e-bay?
(pictures, crafts, doll clothes, etc)

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

I've made money. I'm definitely in the black, and I haven't sold all that much, mostly just stuff around the house.

I belong to an Ebay group of children's clothing sellers and we have several Powerseller members. Powerseller status is earned by having an average of $1000 in sales per month.

One woman admitted her annual income is about $36,000.

I wouldn't try to do it as a full time job because it's so unreliable, but I do enjoy using it as a way to make some extra money here and there.

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
My husband sells stuff, but not usually anything you guys would be interested in. Mostly lightbars, sirens, and other stuff for the fire department.

Edit: hmmm... looks like he's listed a few patches.

[ April 27, 2004, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Boon ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know it was legal to sell patches like that. Hm.

::plots to buy patches and impersonate various official-types::

Edit: My father tells me it is entirely legal, and patch trading is quite common. (He's a retired police officer). Show's what I know. [Dont Know]

[ April 27, 2004, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: FlyingCow ]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I ma way to lazy to sell on Ebay, but love to buy, so I will try to buy from a jatraquero if I can. So if anyone has ballet gear or Ren garb laying around, list it and I will bid. Oooh, or Magic the Gathering cards.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

Hm... I wonder how much Magic cards go for... I got out just after Fallen Empires, and then came back briefly during Tempest... but most of my cards are OLD, and many of them are out of print.

[drool]Sengir vampires with bad moons[/drool]

... um....

now back to your regularly scheduled nongeekdom...

(goes to check Magic eBay prices)

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Does ebay charge any kind of fee for listing items?

*is seriously considering selling off a bunch of junk*

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

Hm. Magic cards don't go for much. I could probably sell them to my local comic store for more
larisse
Member # 2221

Eruve...

Here is a page with information on some of Ebay's fees.

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Thanks. [Smile]
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
If you have a very detailed description of the quality of your magic cards, I know two collectors near me that would be interested to hear about them. If you're interested, send me an e-mail with the descrips and I'll forward it along. Dunno if they mind buying without seeing personally, but it probably depends on the price =)
Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I know some people sell concert tickets on ebay for a profit. Is that considered scalping? A friend of a friend does this (she's in college) and claims to make a couple of hundred bucks per show. [Dont Know]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

I'll see what I can do about getting together a list, Suneun. romanylass, you might be interested, too. If you are and have an email addy, could you send it along?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's considered scalping.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tom. [Smile] I wonder how long it will take Ebay to crack down on something like this. I don't want her to get in trouble, but it is nice to know what she does is illegal... it makes me feel less stupid for turning down her offers of free tickets that she couldn't sell.
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
well taking free tickets is legal =)

I believe it's illegal to sell tickets for a price greater than what was paid for them. Or something along those lines.

I don't think eBay takes legal action against someone, they just shut down the listing. And maybe the account?

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Flying cow...my e-mail is

cymoril3 at yahoo dot com

Please, do send me a list.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Cemetery
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, mack, what an eye. My husband is impressed, too, and that's no mean feat. I'm going to show him madowl & we'll order some.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for matt   Email matt         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow mack, that really is a beautiful shot. Do you do your own developing and printing, too, or just the shooting?
(either way, it's a wonderful picture [Smile]

Posts: 148 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
When I had a darkroom, I used to do both on my own. I recently switched to a digital SLR and got a professional grade printer with specially made photographic paper for it.

So, close as I can get. [Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack - I'd love to buy a copy of your slow shutter speed picture of the falls in your Falling Water Trail album.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Um...which means?
Belle
Member # 2314

mack I slimed you.
Belle
Member # 2314

Make that I tried to - someone already did and was over my bid! [Eek!]

Grrr....

mackillian
Member # 586

*terribly confused*

My friend, can you log onto aim?

Belle
Member # 2314

*exaggerated sigh*

I guess.

Sliming is an Ebay community term for bidding - you are turning the auction green, hence sliming it.

jexx
Member # 3450

I slimed mack first!

Hee.

Thanks for the new slang term, Belle. I feel 1337 or whatever the 'kids' are saying nowadays.

[Wink]

Also, am bumping.

[Blushing]

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't have anything on ebay right now, but I've got books at Half.com (which is about to get absorbed into eBay this summer anyway...)
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
romanylass, I don't think I have any garb left, but I do have some other gear from my SCA days laying around here somewhere. The one and only profitable sale I've had on Ebay was selling all my Complete Anachronists, so they're gone. But I'll dig around...I might still have my Tournaments Illuminated collection still, and know I have my trenching gear somewhere. Are you interested?
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Hee! I wish I could remember which one, but somewhere in a Tournaments Illuminated from at least 20 years ago is an article called "What the Handbooks Don't Tell You" by Arvad Wendall, the SCA name I was using at the time. Oy.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

Only 9 hours left on my auction for the Pink Lady! (KarlEd is winning! Woohoo!)

Woman in Window went for $8.50. Totally respectable. I'm jazzed!

I'm totally winning Belle's auction of boy's swim trunks--Yay! CR's going to love them, they are 'cool'. (He's very interested in being 'cool' now...ugh)

I'm going to put some more paintings up this week. I'm not as sick as I was, so I feel like painting again. [Smile] Yay!

So who else sells stuff on ebay?

Oh, yeah, I'm selling a Nancy Kress novella (I had to relist it, grrrr) called Dancing on Air . It was lots of fun to read, and I would like to share it with others, but there is no one offline to share it with. *big sigh*

jexx
Member # 3450

And KarlEd wins the Pink Lady!

(what an odd sentence hehe)

I need to paint more...it's fun to sell on ebay!

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Beren,

Tom is not entirely correct on this one. ClearChannel put up a bunch of tickets last year, and people bought them and sold them. Totally legal to buy them, and totally legal for you to get one for free, if that was her source.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

Jeniwren, I might be. Where in WA do you live? I live in Federal Way, so if we're close it might be cheaper to get together. Sounds like agood excuse....
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! I won the Pink Lady!! I thought is was pretty cool that is was painted on a cereal box. I'm going to display it on the top of my fridge. [Big Grin] It'll look better than all the plain cereal boxes that will be hiding behind it.

Can't wait to get it.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom is only partially correct about ticket resales. Ebay lists states that have regulations preventing "scalping". If the venue of the ticket in question is not in a regulated state, the seller can accept bids from anyone for any price.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

ROFL, KarlEd. It makes me very happy to know that Pink Lady will be decorative AND useful! And it's fitting that the former cereal box shall be a screen for cereal boxes.

That cracks me up!

I will send the painting tomorrow (Monday) after work--Priority Mail.

mackillian
Member # 586

*kicks ebay*
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Liz and Karl. [Smile] I checked the list and it looks like my location (Los Angeles) is regulated. If I get some free tickets, I'll definitely share them with Hatrack.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

Dangit! I was outbid in Belle's auction!

Pfooey.

On a happier note: I got my paintings out in the mail today (Priority Mail!), so they are out of my hands and into the world. *sniff* Bye Bye paintings!

larisse
Member # 2221

Okie dokie. If anyone is still interested, I was finally able to place the necklaces I made up for auction. Most of them are Buy It Now's rather than Auctions.

Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since I am being too lazy to list all my stuff on Ebay I have just listed it on my webpage.

It's all just a bunch of computer related stuff. From hard drives to CPU's to DSL routers.

If you are interested in anything feel free to contact me. Some of it has some realy value, most of it I jsut want to get rid of, so yeah.

http://joshgalvez.biz/sell.php

[ May 06, 2004, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Zevlag ]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.