FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Village Trailer and talk about Signs (Spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Village Trailer and talk about Signs (Spoilers)
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to a midnight showing of it tonight. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Like Tom, I didn't really find Signs scary. The aliens didn't seem all that frightening to me (the one that couldn't get past the locked door amused me...they can make amazing leaps, so they have some physical strength, but it doesn't occur to the one to kick down the door? eh)...I was willing to accept the non-scary aliens, though, until the ending.

Signs SPOILERS below.
Why would aliens allergic to water come to a planet that is 75% water(or is it 80%? I forget)? What would they do when it rained? It just bothered me beyond all belief. I realize that that wasn't the main point of the movie, and that's fine, but there are some MAJOR issues with the whole water thing. Why not have them be allergic to, I don't know, grape juice or something? That would've made more sense to me. I know it's a minor point, but it really really bugged me and left me with a bad opinion of the movie overall.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
To all of your plot holes I stick my fingers in my ears and sing "la la la la!"

I still loved that movie even though your points are valid. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
The aliens were killed by the toxins in the water, not by the water itself. That is why the daughter was constantly pointing out the contamination in water. Notice the TV report talk about the defeat happening in third world countries where the water is most polluted.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. I did not notice that when I saw the movie (and didn't enjoy the movie enough to watch it a second time). Perhaps when it starts being played on TNT, TBS, etc., I'll catch it and see. But, to be honest, though M. Night Shyamalan is often touted as a great film-maker, I have yet to enjoy any of his movies to the extent that people (and movie critics) seem to. *Confession forthcoming*--I fell asleep during Sixth Sense, and wasn't interested enough in the part that I saw to see the rest of it. Heh. Maybe I just have a Shyamalan block or something.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Hah - I couldn't sleep for months after watching Sixth Sense. I really want to see it again because I was so shocked by the end (obviously I was too petrified to pick up on the foreshadowing) but I'm afraid that afterwards I won't be able to sleep again. Yes, I'm a major weenie.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw The Sixth Sense six times in the theatre, and I got nightmares EVERY FREQUIN' TIME. I kept thinking that I wouldn't get nightmares again because, obviously, I'd had them and it was over, and...nope. No good. Still with the nightmares. That movie scared the snot out of me and was responsible for a frantic drive across town to my old roommates' apartment where I discovered that was so rushed to get out of my empty, ghost-ridden apartment that I had neglected to insert my contacts.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Without your contacts did you have trouble "Seeing" dead people?

If your roommate was asleep, did you see bed people?

Did that get him very angry, so your were seeing Red people?

Did you make it up to him by taking him out to an all night cafe, but there you saw fed people.

Hey, I could do this all night.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

If I'd gone to my brother's, I would have seen wed people.

Good thing I didn't hit anyone - we would have needed med people.

The theatre clapped so loudly at the end, they might have voted Shamalyan to show them the way to Horror Shangra-Lai, where we would have been a led people.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
you could go to a support group for people who fear seeing the movie. You'd see dread people.

One of us needs to see a support group.

At least one of us.

The things we stoop to when there is no Pun-contest.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

If had taken place in Boston, he would have seen thoroughbred people.

--

You're right - we need help. *points the Bob-signal*

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it. [Big Grin]

THAT SAID.

I really really really hate it when people get hammered, decide to go to a first showing of a new movie, sneak in beer, and continue to be loud, obnoxious, rude, and laugh at everything.

Completely ruined the mood of the film and cut the tension.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Final Fantasy the movie music!

Yay Goldenthal!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.