FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » All Hail My Low Member Number

Author Topic: All Hail My Low Member Number
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
That is all. Thank you.
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I quiver with shame and awe. Also epilepsy.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I refuse!
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I quiver with shame and awe. Also epilepsy.
My sister died of epilepsy.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Dammit. I'm sorry. Seriously. I was just trying to throw something in that was off the wall, I didn't know. I'm sorry.

EDIT: you're not joking are you? Because that's not really funny, not by a long shot.

[ April 30, 2004, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

d00d. I'm kidding.

I mean, about being offended. Not about the dying bit.

edit: Sorry, book. I've been almost merciless about that one. I still find it funny. [Embarrassed]

[ April 30, 2004, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Well, I'm still sorry. I am a professional ass.

Man, talk about a thread killer.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

Epilepsy: The Thread and Sister Killer.

(I'm sorry, it's just such terrible taste, and it's still cracking me up.)

Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
code:
//////////////
__oo'///////////
*___///////////
^^ ^^

/me waits for the bonus points to roll in
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
That interchange was priceless!

It's deserving of www.bash.org

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

You know, usually I win the prize in the bad taste award, but now I clearly bow to the master. Clearly. I'm torn between revulsion and childlike admiration.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, I'm glad you can laugh about it. [Smile]

If I hug you, you'll kill me, won't you? [Angst]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Yozhik, because of your silly capital letter, you are lower. Had I used caps, I'd be number 2 or 3. <laughs>
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Now I would like to point out that although my member number is fairly high, it is still nice and big and round, which makes everyone happy when you're dealing with numbers.

[ April 30, 2004, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: Book ]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

My grandfather died of being big and round.
Book
Member # 5500

It happens.
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Had we been Amway, then yes, your low numbers rock. [Smile]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Yeah, we ain't playin spades here. Obviously, I win. Or something.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
Ralphie, I'm glad you can laugh about it.
Sadly, I'm one of those people who deals with the tragic through comedy. I make people really uncomfortable while doing it, and I know that's part of the charm, which is really, really bad of me.

Example: I was talking to an Improv Comedienne that my sister LOVED, and who I've been an acquaintance with for a long time. (Her name is Lisa.)

I said, "You were Tina's favorite."

Lisa said, "Oh, that's really nice."

I said, "And now she's dead."

*awkward pause*

Book
Member # 5500

I thrive on awkward pauses, but usually I steer well clear on subjects of such... sensitivity.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

That's because you're a nice person, Book.

Whereas I'm a she-beast from the depths of Hades. [Smile]

Book
Member # 5500

I think I have a lot of evidence to disagree with both of those claims.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie: I deal the same way.

Yozhik: Hail this.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

That man's ass is remarkably high up on his back.

But I have seen such asses before, so whatever.

[ April 30, 2004, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Book ]

Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I deal the same way, too. You should've seen all the suicide jokes I busted out after my aunt, my friend, my mom's friend, my cousin, and my uncle-who-wasn't-related-to-said-aunt all slit their wrists within a few years. Well, my mom's friend drowned herself in a bathtub after overdosing on tylenol PM (what a wimp), but you get the picture.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
If I didn't have deflective humor I'd probably be dead. (joke?)

Recent situation:
Guy writes a goodbye note and blows off head.
We receive note, try to intervene, and are sad to learn we're too late.
Family, having discovered body, learns that his final interaction was with us and not them.
The statement is made: "I'm so mad, I could kill him!"
I laugh.
[insert people not agreeing or being too polite to say so]

Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Hahahaha, that's genius.
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. That would've gotten a snort out of me no matter what the situation was.

I'm a delayed-emotion kind of person, so I certainly would've been able to see the humor in that, if I were them. I'd want to hit you, but I'd still find it funny.

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Book is a hundred times the man I am. Or a hundred times something.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
For a moment that thread title looked like:

"All Hail My Low Member"

Hmmm...a fine member indeed.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

What?
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Whereas I'm a she-beast from the depths of Hades. [Smile]
[ROFL]
Right... [Smile]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Richard is actually talking about a real situation over at another web board.

Shame on you 'orrible, 'ORRIBLE people!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
You know what this thread needs? That single digit Belgarath guy to show up and totally destroy everyone else's low member number hopes and dreams.

Of course, I have to hope and dream that the confusion sometimes caused by my sharing a first name with Mike gets me a teensy bit of vicarious low member number hopes and dreams. At least I know that no matter what else happens I'll still always have member number 1 at sakeriver.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Book -- I figured the numbers spoke for themselves.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Ah. I see.
Yebor1
Member # 1380

- posted      Profile for Yebor1   Email Yebor1         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey what's my member number again?

Oh there it is.

Hmmmm not bad.

Posts: 1661 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yebor1
Member # 1380

- posted      Profile for Yebor1   Email Yebor1         Edit/Delete Post 
About 15 bad jokes about the wording of this topic just popped in my head.
Posts: 1661 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

Thank you for all the adoration. And references to death in various forms.

Mackillian, I especially want to thank you for your post with the picture. I've always wondered what you look like in person.

Mr. Funny, this is for you. ::Pokes Mr. Funny with very very sharp hedgehog prickles. Foolish Mr. Funny wails in agony.::

Richard Berg, you get a million bonus points for your lovely ASCII portrait, and for knowing what "yozhik" means.

ak, you are forever condemned to walk in the dust of my slightly higher member number. Mwahahah!

vwiggin: We are not Amway. We are *stars*.

Skillery: I don't have a member. I'm a girl.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

Gee, thanks for ruining my thread, Mike. [Grumble]
Richard Berg
Member # 133

Yozhik, it wasn't original. Beyond the inside joke, it's supposed to be evidence of Hatrackian age and memory; *you* drew it, back before there were member numbers...
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Yozhik:

quote:
I'm a girl.
Oops. With such a low member number I thought you might have been Al Gore or whoever invented the Internet.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

Oh, yeah, it used to be part of my sig, back when I did Russian translations!
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Not only has Richard Berg been around since the paleolionic, he's got it all saved to disk! (I wonder how many times I've contradicted myself since then?) [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
And I can't shake the connection between skillery and Hillary. So if the Former First Lady and the Former VP fight, who will win?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
Oops. With such a low member number I thought you might have been Al Gore or whoever invented the Internet.
This, btw, was the perfect save.
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
That bash.com place is really freakin' funny.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

Looking over my thread, I see that not a single person has posted any of these: [Hail]

::sighs::

amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay okay. Here's to your low member number. I imagine amirat (my first sn) was there or thereabouts, but this one won't be.

[Hail] Satisfied now?

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
*sings*

"All hail.... All hail! All hail, divine emolliate!"

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.