FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » what shows do you wish were still on TV? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: what shows do you wish were still on TV?
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know. I feel a little better about Kyle M.
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wiggin
Member # 5020

- posted      Profile for The Wiggin           Edit/Delete Post 
Lets see:
Buffy (and i think except for a few episode each season was fairly good over all I would have been happier if they had flused out the last episode to about two hours or something simular)
Angel
Sliders (and forget that atleast seasons 4 and 5 ever happend mabey even 3)
ST:Voyager
EFC

Now for the cartoons:
Voltron(the old not the newer)
The old Transformers
Ren & stimpy
Pinky and the brain
Gargoyles( I would be happy with DVD's)

And thats all I can think of right now.

Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karen.elizabeth
Member # 6345

- posted      Profile for karen.elizabeth   Email karen.elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Farscape. Farscape Farscape Farscape. Absolutely.

Dark Angel, if only because it was supposed to get a third season and it was yanked off because Gail is weird. And it is the first television show that I ever watched as a "fan."

Quality Trek. That pretty much includes everything except for Enterprise. Well. Parts of S1 and S2 ENT are on there.

Sports Night.

Aaron Sorkin's West Wing.

Snoops. Anybody remember that? That was cool.

Posts: 45 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
Another vote for Firefly. (Christian bashing? I didn't get that at all. Sure, there was the backwater colony village that wanted to burn River as a witch, based on scripture, but the Preacher Shepherd Book is a good guy. I really wish we'd gotten to find out more about his mysterious past, but then, the series only ran 15 episodes.)

Also:
The X-Files
Sledge Hammer!

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Sledge was great! Especially the vignettes at the end, like the time they filmed in black and white and colorized to show it looked perfectly natural.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, most of mine have been listed.

Except for this one...

The Watergate Hearings

TV has never been better than this! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
oooh, and Rocky and Bullwinkle.
Great cartoon.
[Smile]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Todd McFarlane's Spawn... That show was #$@## BRILLIANT. I miss it so much!
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah sndrake, they should also bring back the OJ Simpson trail! (My father never mised an episode, it was by far his favorite show ever.)

The series finale was rather fakey though.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
MEC, there's just no comparison between the OJ trial and the Watergate Hearings. The Watergate Hearings had explored the workings and wrongdoings at the very highest levels of government.

And the finale was a classic!

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherdess
Member # 6115

- posted      Profile for Shepherdess   Email Shepherdess         Edit/Delete Post 
As of next week, I'll be adding Frasier to my list. I love(d) that show!
Posts: 107 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
Friends.
Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
THE PRETENDER (At least the first 2 seasons. Then it went all daytime soap operaish)
I can't believe I forgot Pretender. I loved that show.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Quick question.

Does anybody know what happened to the X-files? I stopped watching it fairly soon after the movie. Was there an end? I'm assuming it went out with a whimper.

Fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karen.elizabeth
Member # 6345

- posted      Profile for karen.elizabeth   Email karen.elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yes, the X-Files.

From what I remember, the series ended with Mulder groping Scully under the pretex of finding God in her blouse.

Posts: 45 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tristan
Member # 1670

- posted      Profile for Tristan   Email Tristan         Edit/Delete Post 
*Sighs*

I got my grubby little hands on one of the unaired episodes of Wonderfalls, and now I'm possibly even more bummed the show got cancelled. This is precisely my kind of humour; there are very few shows that can have me laughing ridiculously while sitting alone in front of my computer. And Jaye is hot.

Oh well.

[ May 08, 2004, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Tristan ]

Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sugar+Spice
Member # 5874

- posted      Profile for Sugar+Spice   Email Sugar+Spice         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
From what I remember, the series ended with Mulder groping Scully under the pretex of finding God in her blouse.
So true. I loved the X-Files so much, I've seen every episode, but I still think it should have finished before it became an hour long parody of itself.

I'd rather loose a great show at it's peak than have to watch it slowly die. Mulder and Scully were given character transplants and they they killed my three favorite characters and brought them back as tacky, star Warsesque ghosts. For that, they can never be forgiven.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The General Lee was way cooler than K.I.T.T.
You are so right, Dagonee. I have actually gotten into heated debates about that.

Let me second the following:

The Muppet Show
Quantum Leap
Buffy
Andy Richter Controls The Universe
Titus
The Tick (cartoon)
Friends

And add:

Dukes of Hazzard
Freadazoid (cartoon)

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Remember that series "V"...sci fi thing w/ aliens that ate gerbils and whatnot. Or was that a mini series? Either way, wouldn't mind seeing it again just because.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There was a show last year called Mr Spencer (I think)
It was called Mr. Sterling.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish that they still had Babylon 5 on television, but only as re-runs. It would make me sad if Babylon 5 went as long as TNG. That was one of the big strengths of B5 -- it had a specific story with a beginning, middle, and end. When it was over, it was over.

But I wish I could watch re-runs on TNT every afternoon again.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
xnera:
quote:
MacGyver -- though I'd be happy with DVDs
Just wondering if you're aware that Season 1 is out and Season 2 is on its way. [Smile]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no. 6
Member # 7753

- posted      Profile for no. 6           Edit/Delete Post 
Brimstone
Posts: 410 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Firefly [Smile] [Wink] [Razz]

Because I don't watch that much TV, that's all I can think of. I want them to air the new Doctor Who's over here though.

And Avidreader, if you're still around, I can safely say that there is no Christian bashing in Firefly, although I think I might know which episode you saw.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
wow, this thread is a blast from the past...brought back almost a year since its last post
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Firefly firefly firefly.
FARSCAPE
Buffy
Angel
John Doe
First Wave

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone remember "Hogan's Heros"?
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.