FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bone-Breakage - Almost achieved! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bone-Breakage - Almost achieved!
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I broke my baby toe once. I was swimming. Still not entirely sure how that happened. It may have been a bad flip-turn...
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
When I was three my brother brought me a jalapeno and asked me, "Hey, Robert, want a carrot?"

I ate that thing in about three bites, and screamed for the same amount of hours.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think folks who keep pointing out that it hurts to break a bone are missing the point. It's the experience that is interesting, not the knowledge.
Thank you Suneum
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I was playing basketball outside and I tried dunking it. I've never been able to dunk - but I can hang on the rim. Anyways, I went for the dunk, but couldn't get it - so I decided to hang on the rim. However, my hand slipped and I came falling 10 feet onto the hard concrete floor. Too bad nothing was broken [Angst]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad?

Are you nuts? [Eek!]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

No...I just want to break a bone.
RRR
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for RRR   Email RRR         Edit/Delete Post 
Nick, I think it's obvious from this thread that the answer is a yes.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
That's crazy, but okay...
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
okay, I have three methods for you:

fall out of a tree - worked for my sister at age 7.

walk down poorly-lit stairs holding the handle of a baby stroller while spouse holds the bar in front (baby is riding in stroller, of course). Step wide because you are stepping on the landing. Realize, too late, that you are one step too high and fall, landing on foot underneath you. Go to doctor's office right away (forget to file accident report with someone where you fell so you can't sue them or get medical bills covered). Have your ankle pain diagnosed as a sprain. Skip ahead about 5 years and finally get that foot x-rayed and find out you broke a bone in it at some point. Worked for me nearly 11 years ago. [Roll Eyes]

Or fall off a horse while trying to get on. A horse that is just standing there, not moving or anything. Simply don't make it on to the horse and fall off, trying to catch your fall with your hand. Worked for my friend Dawn, who is trying to learn to type with one arm in a cast (she's our cops and courts reporter). She even got pins in her wrist (oohhhh). [Eek!]

kaioshin00: are you sure you aren't Unbreakable?

[ June 06, 2004, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: CaySedai ]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Jeez... So much effort required to break a bone.

quote:

kaioshin00: are you sure you aren't Unbreakable?

Plot Outline: A suspense thriller with supernatural overtones that revolves around a man who learns something extraordinary about himself after a devastating accident.

I've never had a devastating accident! Besides that time I flew out of the window our flipping minivan (a wheel came off). I was ok though-landed in the grass.

Sugar+Spice
Member # 5874

- posted      Profile for Sugar+Spice   Email Sugar+Spice         Edit/Delete Post 
The only bone I have ever broken is a very tiny bone in my jaw. This bone was so small the dentist said it was practically microscopic. It hurt like the bloody proverbial.

If there is a direct connection between the size of the bone and the amount of pain, I don't ever want to break my leg. I really don't recommend it.

[ June 06, 2004, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Sugar+Spice ]

Posts: 119 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.