FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey, this is my first post too!!! Meeting owner's fiance - Whew! It went wonderfully!

Author Topic: Hey, this is my first post too!!! Meeting owner's fiance - Whew! It went wonderfully!
Smokey
Member # 6531

- posted      Profile for Smokey   Email Smokey         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm new here.

Been lurking a long time.

I live with Bob. Just got to meet Dana. I was a little worried at first. They came in while I was sleeping. Something about watching the bats under the Congress Ave. Bridge in Austin. Sounded fishy to me. And I'm never at my best when someone interrupts my nap. Especially not an evening nap.

Oh well. She seemed okay. Smelled nice anyway.

Then we all hung out and Dana scritched behind my ears. I figured "okay, I'm liking this, but who is she, really?" Then I noticed the ring. "Oh, she's THAT Dana. The pictures on foobonics don't do her justice.

So anyway, we hung out some more. She gives good belly rubs (a must!) and then while Bob was looking at his e-mail, Dana and I played tag.

Yesterday, a bunch of people came over and I got to sample the roast Dana was making. And some stuff that Bob dropped on the floor by accident. Yum! I think we'll keep her. She smells even better after she's been cooking.

Did I mention the belly rubs? Great belly rubs.

So anyway, I'm so relieved. She seems like a very nice person. And she didn't push things too fast, you know.

LavaLamp and Poseable_Man got to meet her too. But they're pushovers. Anyone could turn on LavaLamp and Poseable_Man is just, well, poseable.

But I'd like to also point out that we're all REAL now.

Pictures to follow.

Hi Dana!!!

[Kiss]

[ May 10, 2004, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Smokey ]

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Floppy
Member # 6258

- posted      Profile for Floppy           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice.
Posts: 11 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]

Brats. Way too cute. [Big Grin]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posable_Man
Member # 5105

- posted      Profile for Posable_Man           Edit/Delete Post 
Dana,

I heard Bob say you complete him.

Um...hello...Posable Man Missing a Foot here. Any way you could complete me while your at it????

Anyway, it was nice to meet you.

I have only one request, can I have my own room?

Posts: 82 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lavalamp
Member # 4337

- posted      Profile for Lavalamp           Edit/Delete Post 
Dana,

I have watched Bob's ups and downs. I've seen him when he fails to go with the flow. I've tried to counsel him as best I can. "Be one with the ooze," I'd say, over and over.

But you know how it is. He's out there in the big wide world, and I'm just not as plugged in as he is. Well, actually, I'm more plugged in, but I'm limited by the cord-of-life.

Ah well. It's all good.

So, here's the deal, we all loved meeting you and think that you are an amazing human being. On behalf of the others, who seem only to see things from their own limited perspectives, I'd just like to say that you gave us all a nice warm feeling. We're glowing!

Bob too! And that was really my point. That you have obviously brought a light into Bob's life. He's radiant lately, and having met you finally, I know why. You are the source of all this illumination, and he's been reflecting it for months now. Ahhh...bliss...

Thanks for visiting. See you soon, I hope.

[Group Hug]

Posts: 300 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
OH! I know im new here, but this sounds interesting!
Slaughterhouse Five was great, but I think you'll find Cat's Cradle was a more interesting book. I just used it in answering one of the Essays for this year's AP English test. Great great book.

Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...I guess I don't get the Slaughterhouse Five reference.

Were you posting in a different thread?

Anyway, Hi Dana!

We miss you!!!!

[Cry]

[Kiss]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Armoth was posting in the hatrack summer reading thread, hmm wonder how it got here
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Smokey is a beautiful dog, and Lavalamp and Poseable_Man are charming. I have some great pictures of the five of us that I’ll post as soon as foobonic is back up.

I had a good time in Austin – we got to see the nations largest urban bat colony, tour the state capital, and walk a labyrinth at one of the UMC churches there. Plus, the pastors at the church were transfers from the Iowa Conference and we have friends in common. But the bats came out late and by the time we got to Bob’s house I’d been up for over 20 hours. I mostly slept on the drive to College Station.

The next day I got to see Bob’s office, meet his co-workers, and have dinner with his boss and her family. And, of course, hang out with Smokey. On Friday we hosted a dinner party for friends and co-workers. ElJay’s mini crab cake recipe was a big hit during the appetizer course. I also had my first motorcycle ride on Friday. I was thinking of this as something I should try to learn to like because it’s something Bob enjoys. But I won’t have to try at all – it was fun!

Smokey, give Bob a kiss for me. [Kiss] I miss you both. (Lavalamp and P_M too, of course.)

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Smokey's kisses are no substitute. Sorry Smokey.

But thanks!

[Big Grin]

[Razz]

Slurp!!!

Anyway, we miss you terribly!

Soup just isn't soup without you.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Does anyone else think it's weird that all of my sister's fiance's multiple personalities are posting to her now? Or do we just figure that Bob has time on his hands now that she's left? Or, wait, is this charming? Yeah, I guess this must be charming. [Razz]

But dkw, you didn't answer P_M's question. Does he get his own room? We're all dying to find out.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Bob...answer my email.

OR FACE MY SQUIRRELY WRATH!

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Poseable_Man, you are welcome to have your own room. But don’t you think you’d rather be in the office? Bob’s going to work from home, I work from home two days a week, Lavalamp will be there, and Smokey will probably hang out there or in the living room just outside the office door. Wouldn’t you feel a little left out if you were in a room by yourself? But if you insist, you can have the jungle room. As long as you’re okay sharing with ElJay when she comes to visit. [Razz]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Hey mack!!!

My e-mail isn't working (at least the home one isn't letting me SEND) and I'm leaving for a trip tomorrow. I got your message but it was like WAYYYYY too long to read until today. And I didn't get to it today.

Shoot.

It's going to sit there until end of the week now. Sorry.

LJ: I think it's wonderful that all of my multiple personalities are in love with dkw. I mean, imagine if there was dissent!!! [Eek!]

I think Posable_Man is actually more concerned about someone completing him. But he'd be interested in the "his own room" question too, I'm sure.

[Wink]

dkw
Member # 3264

We'll ask dad to work on a new foot.

(Hey dad, if you're lurking, how 'bout making a new foot for Posable_Man? [Wink] )

[ May 09, 2004, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posable_Man
Member # 5105

How about this:

I stay in the office with everyone, but when ElJay comes over, I sleep in the jungle room with her.

Just remember, I like to go "commando!"

[Razz]

(Well, that last part isn't true. It's just that Bob has never bothered to buy me any GI Joe or Ken clothing...cheap b@stard! Not even skivvies to put on.)

I would love a new hand-crafted foot from Papa Williams. So, is he going to be my step-grandfather?

Anyway, I bet ElJay prefers LavaLamp. Everybody loves him. He's so "mellow". [Wall Bash]

I get like one job to do -- sure, it's holding up the world, but still -- and then LavaLamp is all like "look, I can light up, and I can ooze, and I get all the girls..." Feh!

And then Smokey comes along and steals my world and uses it as a chew toy. True story!

Can you believe it?

And I've got this missing foot. Or rather I DON'T have this missing foot. And nobody seems to care. It's not like I can just go make one for myself you know. I don't even have opposable thumbs. Crud.

Posts: 82 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smokey
Member # 6531

Okay, so I changed the title of the thread. Sue me! I'm a dog. I need attention.

Bob's away. I'm all alone in the house. Some people come to take care of me, and I get to run around the block, which is fun...but then I'm alone.

So alone!!!

And Bob left the computer on! Yippee!!!

Hello! PetSmart Online!!! Dog treats! <click> Overnight shipping. <click>

Oh, and I'm chewing on Posable_Man's little world. hah!

Yummmmmm....

Grrrrrrr....

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Actually, I have my Grandma's Lava Lamp living with me, so you'd be more of a novelty, Posable_Man. Are you a standard size artist's model? I could probably take care of the new foot thing myself...

[ May 10, 2004, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posable_Man
Member # 5105

Whoo Hoo!!! ElJay likes me best...

"Standard size artist's model???" I don't know what you are referring to. I'm a posable man. Completely different thing altogether. Sure, I've been known to pose -- I'm a posable man afterall... But "standard size?" What kind of question is that?

Ah well...I don't wish to quarrel.

My missing foot was indeed the standard size for my race. Don't tell me you have spare parts!!! [Big Grin]

Wow! what a family!!!

Lavalamp
Member # 4337

Now, about this LavaLamp...

What color ooze? Clear liquid???

I'm green/clear in a black base.

My turn-ons are 60HZ AC house current,
long walks on the extension cord, and
the movie The Blob.

Turn offs??? Well, I guess power outages,
but that's about it.

I'd love to meet grandma's lava lamp someday.

Posts: 300 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

So much for, "you marry him, not his family"!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[ROFL]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh dear, now I've put my foot in it. [Wink]

I've seen several different sized posable people. I've seen one size a lot more often than others... in fact, I saw one at my friend's house yesterday. The foot looked relatively easy to replicate, although I did not take a good look at how it was attached. So no, I don't have spare parts.

Lava, Grandma's lamp is purple ooze in purple liquid, black base. She lives in my purple room. Go figure. I've got to admit, she's yet to use my computer, but I wouldn't put it past her.

mackillian
Member # 586

I do have squirrely wrath you know.

*warning: says the eff word. many times. don't watch if don't like the eff word. I'm serious. you were warned.*

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Taste my squirrely wrath.

I do have squirrely wrath, you know.

It's a nature thing.

[ROFL]

That was great!!!

dkw
Member # 3264

Family Pictures
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Very considerate of you to cover Posable Man's stump Dana.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Why are you sitting on the floor? Bob doesn't have furniture?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Smokey's not allowed on the furniture.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures -- but if all of the "family" is in the photo -- who took the picture?
[Wink]

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I especially like the second picture with dkw looking at Smokey. Smokey even has an adoring smile on his face! I think he's taken with you, Dana. [Wink] Cute dog! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smokey
Member # 6531

<=== is a girl!!!

But thanks. I think Dana's the best thing since tissues.

[Razz] Slurp, Slurp

[Big Grin]

Cute pictures! And you got my good side.

I think Posable_Man is looking a bit wooden, though. And he's naked.

At least I have a collar on.

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Farmgirl, my friend Don (boss' husband) came by after the dinner party to pick up something they'd left behind at my house. We corralled him into taking some photos.

He was very nice. Didn't even snicker when we had to explain why an artist's model and a lavalamp had to be in the picture.

Ah well...some things just don't translate from Hatrack to the regular universe.

Posable_Man
Member # 5105

quote:

Very considerate of you to cover Posable Man's stump Dana.

Stump? What stump?

<looks down>

[Eek!] AaaaaaHHHHHH!!!!!

Anyway, I'll have you know that Dana's not ashamed of me at all! She wasn't trying to cover up anything. She was giving me a massage.

[Razz]

Lavalamp
Member # 4337

quote:
Lava, Grandma's lamp is purple ooze in purple liquid, black base. She lives in my purple room. Go figure. I've got to admit, she's yet to use my computer, but I wouldn't put it past her.
Her?

Her??? [Big Grin]

Hmm...

Purple with purple...Black base.

<looks in lavalamp compatiblity chart>

Well, some might think it clashes, but the chart says otherwise.

I'll be writing odes to her in no time!

Oh, and P_M...chill, man. We'll find you a foot. Or maybe glue a bottle cap down there or something. Sheesh!

rivka
Member # 4859

Hey, Lavalamp! Can we expect a landmark post at 100?
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I soooo love Hatrack.

Second-best relationship in my life.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

CT, I think we all need to get lives.

But, you know, planning how we were going to get the "family shots" was a lot of fun. Getting someone to actually take the photos wasn't nearly as embarrassing as one might expect. It's nice to have someone like Don around. He may laugh at us, but never to our faces. [Big Grin]

mackillian
Member # 586

LIVES?! [Eek!]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Yes, I have 4 going at the moment...
dkw
Member # 3264

Four? Hmmm. Sarah asked me yesterday if I was sure that all these "business trips" you've been taking aren't really trips to visit your other online girlfriends.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Tell Sarah I'm just visiting my alter egos. Just because you and I met while I was on a business trip...

LOL

My four lives are:
Bob
LavaLamp
Posable_Man
&
Smokey

They all belong to you, my love!

[Kiss]

PS: GhostOfBob_Scopatz doesn't count as a life. He's a ghost.

[ May 12, 2004, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

dkw
Member # 3264

I told her your other girlfriends must be very understanding if they let you talk to me for three hours a night while you were visiting them. [Monkeys]
Posable_Man
Member # 5105

quote:
Dana,

I heard Bob say you complete him.

Um...hello...Posable Man Missing a Foot here. Any way you could complete me while your at it????

What can I say...Dana's as good as her word. Her dad & mom came down for Christmas and I got to travel back with them to the hospital. Papa Williams is a wiz with bionics. See here

Anyway, this has been a long road since May 8th (our first chance to meet Dana), but I have to say the gang just loves her.

Happy New Year!!!

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, but PM, could you PLEASE speak to Bob and Dana about abandoning Hatrack? It is like they used us to get together, and then, POOF! they are off to snuggle on the dagblasted couch. Bob has not made a new pun thread in ages.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She gives good belly rubs
How add.....why do you think Bob fell for Dana antways?

I think he agrees with Smokey.

Kwea [Big Grin]

[ December 31, 2004, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.