FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 1st post...who knew it would be so nerveracking (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 1st post...who knew it would be so nerveracking
Elphie
Member # 6535

- posted      Profile for Elphie   Email Elphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone...This is my very first post, although i've been watching for a while...kinda creepy huh? There are so many people in this forum that interest me and the topics are so fun. I hope to learn much from all of you and maybe even have a little to give back, also.

so...hi..how are you...who are you...where are you and all of that...

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Elphie. [Wave]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome. [Hat]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elphie
Member # 6535

Derrell, I saw a post you did on Diablo... I've only played one pc game ever and you nailed it. My uncle and i stayed up for 18 hours straight playing till he beat it ... awesome game.
Posts: 25 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Watch out!

Nasty, horrible, vicious, terrible, bad trolls are seconds away. In moments, they will descend and start flaming you.

"Be careful or be roadkill."

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi to you! [Wave]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Elphie! Glad to have you.

I'm Annie, I'm from Montana, and I like to cook. Hope we can be friends. [Smile]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elphie
Member # 6535

Phanto...I don't know if I can handle trolls so soon in my posting life...could we save them for a little later? i am somewhat of a wimp today...mommy's day has gotten me down [Frown]
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
*catches a scent on the wind and comes running*

welcome!

*bares yellowed fangs*

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elphie
Member # 6535

Hi annie, I'm in Michigan, i can't cook, and i hope we can be friends too!
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy, howdy, howdy.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Elphie, why can't you cook?

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Elphie!

Don't apologize for lurking before posting, it's good. Gives you a feel for the place, not creepy.

I'm in Minnesota, have been here a couple of months, and like reading and remodeling. And I'm a pretty good cook. [Smile] Since we're tabulating.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

*cough cough*

As I was saying, the nasty trolls will be descending on you any moment now. *glares around*

I was saying, any moment now. *glares around*

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
It's spelled "nervewracking". With a 'w'.

(is that trollish enough, Phanto? hehe)

Welcome to the forum, Elphie!

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*a troll stumbles out of the forest, groans and sits down*

*a Phanto cries out as it gets squished under a troll's left buttock*

hmmm?

*the troll unloads it's cooking devices, starts a blaze, scrapes it's left bum and adds it to the stew*

Phanto
Member # 5897

*Another Phanto respawns*

Hah. Not that easy to get rid of.

ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Elphie! [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*tastes stew*

"HRUMMPH! BLAAAAAAND!"

*spies spawned phanto, snatches and stuffs into pepper-come-phanto-grinder*

*grinds*

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Pay no attention to fallow. He's really harmless.

Welcome to the board Elphie! I was a bonafied lurker before I became addicted. Actually, I was addicted as a lurker, so it was too late for me, even before I started posting. [Smile] Glad to see you here and welcome!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Elphie! Welcome to Hatrack! [Wave]

I'm Raia. It's very nice to meet you! We should chat sometime, I hope we get to be friends!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack! I think it's a great thing that you lurked for awhile before posting. It doesn't hurt to become familiar with a community before joining. We're happy to have you here--we're always looking for fresh mea- I mean, new and exciting people.

Slash should be by to eat you soon. Don't worry, it's a rite of passage around here.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*snatches AK and stuffs in grinder*

"Ahh JUST WORT WE KNEEDED!"

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya, Elphie, welcome to the 'rack. [Wave]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I'm JT and I have been too busy to post in the last 2 weeks, so recently I've kind of been lurking too. I tend to say stupid things and I'm rather stubborn (just ask Raia when you talk to her, and I do encourage you to talk to her).

quote:
Slash should be by to eat you soon. Don't worry, it's a rite of passage around here.
Should I be offended that he hasn't eaten my soul yet?
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

JT,

quote:
Should I be offended that he hasn't eaten my soul yet?
NOOOOOO!!!!! little one, you shouldn't. Slash likes a good marinade. You're almost done, just one more lap.

fallow

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
What flavor is the marinade? I hope it's not burgundy pepper, I hate burgundy pepper.
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SIash the Berzerker
Member # 3897

- posted      Profile for SIash the Berzerker           Edit/Delete Post 
It is a kinder, gentler Slash who now takes part in Hatrack. Welcome, Elphie, and do enjoy your time here.

*Scatters welcome-flowers throughout thread*

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
O_o (stabs Slash impersonator)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

apricot marinade.

doubles as an exfolliant.

larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Elphie! Don't worry. I've been posting here regularly for over a year now (lurked for ages before that), and I still find it nerveracking. It's not because of the people here, I find them wonderful to be around, but because it's my nature. I tend to be overly critical of myself.

I hope we can become friends. [Smile]

BTW... I don't know about you guys, but kinder, gentler Slash sorta scares me. [Eek!]

*Fixing silly, strange characters*

[ May 10, 2004, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: larisse ]

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emp
Member # 5955

- posted      Profile for Emp   Email Emp         Edit/Delete Post 
*splashes water on Elphie*

Mwaha....ha.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
E"lphie," eh.

Sounds suspicious. I don't trust it.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap. Does this mean Ty's now going to hook up with David, as promised?
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Nerverack [Angst] I mean Hatcrack! No wait...

Never mind me [Wave]

[ May 10, 2004, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: St. Yogi ]

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, does this mean I'm going to have to know the horror that Storm Saxon and saxon75 go through all the time, what with the name switcheroos and everything???

OH WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO HAWT PEOPLE?!?!

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat* It's ok, Relphie. Don't worry -- we know who you are!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Elphie. Please make yourself at home, and no matter what happens, never, ever change your screen name. Unless you decide to change it to Ralph. That's just fine.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Elphie.

Of course, you just lost your shot as the Best Lurker for the Rackademy awards.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ninja Squirrel
Member # 6508

- posted      Profile for Ninja Squirrel   Email Ninja Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I know how you feel...the first post thingy. It's hard to make a first post; one's worried about making an donkey of oneself.

quote:
so...hi..how are you...who are you...where are you and all of that...
I'm doing fine; although I have a chemistry test coming up soon, and I ought to be studying for it instead of Hatracking.

I'm Jess or Jessie, from California.

Posts: 20 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I remember back in the day when I myself made my first post, and let me tell you what a post it was... why, it was blizzarding like crazy out there I tell ya... you looked outside and you thought heck had frozen over... it was 20 miles, 10 there and 10 back, uphill both ways, and I thought to myself, Polio, I said, you sure better know what you're getting into, and with that I grabbed that rabid coyote with both hands and choked the dangblasted life out of it, I did... now I know that look on your face, and don't you be givin' me no sass missy... [No No]
Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since Slash is stealing my role....

Grabs Elphie, stuffs her down, spits out shoes, and starts picking teeth.

*BELCH*

What a tasty newbie!

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Elphie. It's not too difficult being a jatraquero. Our main duties are keeping a close watch on OSC, and making sure he doesn't get to a point where he buys a large plot of land and names it "Ender Ranch" or "Battle School Ranch". Bad things happen when a famous person gets their own ranch.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hello, I'm JT and I have been too busy to post in the last 2 weeks, so recently I've kind of been lurking too. I tend to say stupid things and I'm rather stubborn (just ask Raia when you talk to her, and I do encourage you to talk to her).
Yeah, he is pretty stubborn... and he can be a bit of an idiot... but he's harmless, I promise. [Wink] I'm still alive, at any rate.

Oh, and thanks for the advertisement, Stryker dear! [Razz]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Elphie! Elfy? [Wink]
Mmmmm.. Elves...

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
So you're from Michigan too eh? Where abouts? I'm from Detroit area...
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Raia on most things stryker, but ask me again in about 2 weeks, then my oppinion could be changed totally.
Oh and welcome Elphie

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome. [Wave]
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yank
Member # 2514

- posted      Profile for Yank   Email Yank         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!

¡Bienvenido(a)!

Posts: 1631 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.