FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Faith vs Buffy

Author Topic: Faith vs Buffy
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
So which one is your favorite Dushku/Gellar slobberknocker? I would have to say my favorite Faith vs Buffy fight was the one right before they switched bodies.

Attractive women doing martial arts...you simply can't go wrong! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy to say I've only seen about 5 minutes of Buffy in my life.
Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

I never even watched the show before this year, and while I'm far from obsessed I do enjoy watching it (and Angel). Not trying to make converts here Sun, just trying to bring people together who enjoy seeing women fight eachother. [Wink]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have to watch that show some day. Is it currently being shown as re-runs on any station?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlelf
Member # 6145

- posted      Profile for littlelf   Email littlelf         Edit/Delete Post 
Sun, I, like you, did not understand the whole Buffy thing until my then-roommate made me watch it with her. Now, it's like a bad habit I cannot shake. It's damn good stuff! I must say that I began watching during the third season, which, IMHO, was by far the best. COme on! Hush. The Cheese guy!!!! But, what was up with Riley [Angst] and Adam [Wall Bash] ?
Posts: 72 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlelf
Member # 6145

- posted      Profile for littlelf   Email littlelf         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, I realize that had nothing to do with Faith vs. Buffy. Sorry!
Posts: 72 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
It's on FX every morning. Two episodes, 6-8 AM Central.
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Also on at 4 and 5 on FX. And Angel is on at 5 on TNT.
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
littleelf - that was the 4th season with Adam and Riley.

The third season was where the mayor turned into a giant demon snake and ate the Principal, and Angel left Sunnydale..

...Not that I'm obsessed. Of course, Tony and I went out yesterday and spent a store voucher we got for our engagement on season 1 of Star Trek Voyager on DVD. So you can see what tv tastes I have. [Smile]

As for favourite Faith-Buffy fight - well, the one where Buffy stabbed Faith at the end of Season 3 was pretty good. But the whole bodyswap episode was pretty cool as well.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm all Dushku Vs. Charisma Against Alba.
And, I'm the poligamist that wins!

Go team Thor!

So many beautiful babies!

<<<THOR>>>>

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to say the last one in the third season, where Buffy is trying to get Faith's blood to save Angel from poison. Good ending - Buffy pissed is always fun.

Dushku did get a lot better at fighting by the next season, however.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B166ER
Member # 6380

- posted      Profile for B166ER   Email B166ER         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the sort of related fight on Angel when Angel is protecting Faith from Buffy. I just thought it was hillarious when he punches Buffy and she is so stunned by it (completely unphased physically, just in shock) and says "you hit me?", and Angel's great reply "Well you hit me first".

I just found it funny for the Slayer and the Champion to act like 5 year olds.

Posts: 36 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I just can't reconcile having Faith and no Buffy.
Perhaps Buffy has no faith? I dunno, it's all so confusing.

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I prefer Willow Vs Glory
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of liked the Willow vs. Buffy fight in the sixth season, myself.
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I prefer Willow vs. Madmartigan.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Speaking of Willow (Ulfgood, that is), did anyone besides me read the sequel trilogy to the movie by Chris Claremont and George Lucas? Willow was quite the badass in those books.

The Buffy/Willow fight was good, but I much preferred the end when Willow says something like "No one is powerful enough to stop me" and then goes flying backwards in a green flash. Then Giles comes in and says something like, "I am."

The British accent is much better suited to making witty comments in the middle of combat.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

I think his actual quote was closer to "I'd like to test that theory." Much more British, and therefore much cooler.

However, I think Willow's response was even better: "Uh oh, Daddy's home!" [Big Grin]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Ooh, you're right. It was just very cool. They really needed to have a Gile vs. Wesley incident (post dork-Wesley, that is).

Dagonee

Javert
Member # 3076

The Ripper versus the Rogue Demon Hunter...I like it.

To take the thread on a slightly different angle, the last Angel will be on Wednesday! [Eek!] What does everyone think about that?

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Can't wait, but very sad it's over.

Although I was really hoping they were going to take down the senior partners, not their minions on earth.

Javert
Member # 3076

Just wanted to share a SPOILER from the final episode, which was discovered by my roommate. It's only a quote, but still, if you don't want to read it, its a potential spoiler:
"Now what do we do?"
"We fight."
"Well, yeah...but I meant it more specifically."
"Ah. Well, if we're talking specifics...I really wanna slay the dragon."

[Evil] [Evil Laugh]

The Wiggin
Member # 5020

- posted      Profile for The Wiggin           Edit/Delete Post 
If you want spoilers on Angel/Tru Calling and a couple other shows goto Spoiler Slayer.
Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.