FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Troy (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Troy
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
[This message has been deleted at the request of numerous credible Hatrackers for general obnoxiousness.]

[ June 01, 2004, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: KathrynHJanitor ]

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

[Ditto.]

[ June 01, 2004, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: KathrynHJanitor ]

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianM
Member # 5918

- posted      Profile for BrianM   Email BrianM         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you didn't mean anything you said in either of those posts because if you did I feel really bad for you. Not only do you take internet stuff way too seriously but you don't get humor too well either. Hell, even if you didn't mean it I feel bad you wasted so much time posting those crazy meaningless and backwards messages.

If you did mean it, let me fill you in on something: I don't "hate" anyone. I am not some young "thug" as they term it now going around trying to prove my manhood by 'besting' someone else in crude verbal sparring. I am old, have grown kids, and a lot of learning under my belt that makes me feel like a different person when I read the things you wrote, it's crazy and none of this makes sense, just drop it ok?

Posts: 369 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

[And so on.]

[ June 01, 2004, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: KathrynHJanitor ]

BrianM
Member # 5918

I am laughing hard because there's been no condenscension on my part, and you have stretched this pretty far for whatever doubled emotional purpose it serves you. You might say your laughing and it's all funny for you, but there is a difference between our posts. Yours contain extremely nasty tone and content, mine don't, when I read yours I detect beyond mere hostility and almost a vengeful hatred which is stupid over something like this topic. Then you spend the rest of the time backpeddling yourself trying to downplay your heated rhetoric. Just end it here ok? There's no need to continue your cycle of half-nasty half-trying-not-to-care posts.

[ May 31, 2004, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: BrianM ]

Posts: 369 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Who said anything about half-nasty? I was trying for, and got (I think), whole-nasty.

Let me know when you want your last word. I will openly admit I am stubborn enough to want it:). I wouldn't want to damage your carefully-crafted real disinterest by having you continue to post in this thread in response to yours truly...

Too late!

BrianM
Member # 5918

No disinterest in mine, its been raining here all day and my fishing trip's been ruined due to river flooding. [Frown]
I actually don't think you got nasty enough, if you don't call me bourgeoisie by the end of this page you will severely dissapoint me. [Big Grin]

[ May 31, 2004, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: BrianM ]

Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, heck, I finally actually watched it.
I thought it was fabulous, and did not miss the gods one bit.

I have the same question as Tom, though.

How come Agamemnon gts a good, clean death by soldier than the nasty stabbling in the bath by his wife that he deserves?

(aside)After watching the patriots play Miami today, ithought, man, Doug Flutie s the perfect Greek hero.

Watching historical fiction movies is brutal for me. Twice this week, the death of Caesar on "Rome," and the death of Hector and Achilles in "Troy" had me sobbing.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
I grew up on stories of Achilles and Troy. I did not like the movie, especially Achilles who was depicted as a spoilt brat, and whose fighting style was just plain annoying.
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.