FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why aren't you signing up for StrongBad mafia?

Author Topic: Why aren't you signing up for StrongBad mafia?
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
1. You don't know enough about homestarrunner.com to feel comfortable basing a profile off of the site.

2. You don't have time to play right now.

3. You've seen some StrongBad emails but just don't find them funny.

4. You would, but all the good characters are taken.

5. What? There's a StrongBad mafia game going on?

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a question that will get me laughed at and ridiculed, but... WHat is mafia and how do you play?
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Laughed at and ridiculed? Not so. Mafia is a game that involves a team of mafiosi trying to kill a team of townies and vice versa. The mafia kills by nightly hits, and the townies kill by daily lynchings of supposed mafiosi. There are also some "extra" characters, such as a doctor, a sheriff, and a serial killer. These characters just serve to make the game more interesting. Each morning, there is a mafia death posted by the moderator, which may or may not include clues as to who is responsible for the death. Based on these clues and/or private messaging other players, you try to stay alive and kill all of the opposing team. The last team alive wins.

Games usually last two to three weeks and are a heck of a lot of fun. Go to http://www.grenme.com/forum and click on the mafia link for more information. I'm sure there are more rules around somewhere. . . .

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
6) You believe mafia games should be played on Hatrack.

[ May 18, 2004, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
7) You are participating in a 1 year self-banning.

Tom, if that's your reason, you are also a wanker.

[ May 18, 2004, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

But it's not a mafia game without celia! Who will I have to distrust if it's not you?

[ May 18, 2004, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Brinestone ]

Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Celia, that's my reason too. I tried to play a mafia game on GrenME and forgot all about it after a couple of days.
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

I don't think that's what Tom means at all.

Ruth,

You could try not trusting anyone. [Wink]

[ May 18, 2004, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
6. What's mafia?

FG

edit: I know you already explained it -- I'm just saying this was MY reason...

[ May 18, 2004, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
7. You are going to be away from computers for the next two weeks probably.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
7.3: Parents have completely torn apart computer room severely limiting online access, with no visible resolution in sight.
Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Losers, every last one of you!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
8. You don't have the emotional stability or interpersonal insight to be trusted with a mafia character.

(*check Yep, there I am. [Smile] )

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
1,2,3, and Tom's 6.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Lame, lame, lame, and lame.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, creative name-calling.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

If you'd like, I could take a hand at creative name calling. Might get me banned, but you'd at least get some entertainment out of it.
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
1, but did it anyway.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.