FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ROTJ: Goodbye Sebastian Shaw, Hello Hayden

Author Topic: ROTJ: Goodbye Sebastian Shaw, Hello Hayden
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3290/episode6_dvd_haydenchristensen.jpg

Posted on AICN, claiming to be from the new DVD release. Legit or fake?

[ May 18, 2004, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
For legit: George Lucas would totally do this.

For fake: Obi Wan and Yoda are old, not the young padawans. Why woudln't Anakin be?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Tell me it ain't so!!!!!! [Wall Bash]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Put me down for "Fake."

Although I'm less oppossed to dramatic changes in the original series than most, I don't think this one's legit.

Actually, when I saw the thread title, I expected to see Hayden's prosthetic-covered mug under the mask in the scene on the death star.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, word on the street is that this IS legit. And a bit more changes have been made as well. Looks like these DVDs will be the 'Archival Editions'.

And the word is that Anakin appears like this (young) because "the spirits don't age or progress during the time they're in the Dark Side"

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
How sad. Yet another reason not to buy the DVDs.

*sigh* Why -- WHY -- won't Lucas just release the friggin' original versions?

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I would gladly buy the original version on DVD, but I will *not* buy this crap.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Because he doesn't like them as much as we do, obviously.

BTW, Tom, do you still need Lyrsa?

I wouldn't put this sort of thing past him, but I HOPE it's fake.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I think I DO need Lyrsa. Would you E-mail me ASAP? [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goblin
Member # 6539

- posted      Profile for goblin           Edit/Delete Post 
if this is true, it will help to ruin what i feel is one of the best trilogies ever. i mean what else are they going to change. are they going to add Jar Jar binks blowing up the second death star?
Posts: 36 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't make suggestions!
Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I remember glancing at this graphic novel at Barnes and Noble that actually had Vader come down and fight Yoda. And then, Jake Lloyd Anikan popped out and started dueling with him that way. I think that would be worse.

Here's to hoping this was fake.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.