FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Did this change your perspective? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Did this change your perspective?
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going for generality... always a no-no when you are trying to make a serious point. Good thing I wasn't. [Big Grin]

As for the hype, there were at least two sets of pictures associated with the deal that were fake.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaladinVirtue
Member # 6144

- posted      Profile for PaladinVirtue   Email PaladinVirtue         Edit/Delete Post 
"...I do, however, have a problem with photographs being taken. That does nothing to aid in the interrogation process."

Sure it does. What if you can show those pictures to other detainees and tell them that this is what we are going to do to you unless you talk? The pictures then are tools of intimidation. Not saying it is right, but to claim that they hold no value in the interrogation process is wrong.

Posts: 181 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BookWyrm
Member # 2192

- posted      Profile for BookWyrm   Email BookWyrm         Edit/Delete Post 
According to news reportsd of pics AND videos that Congress/Senate has seen, the pics we the public have seen are tame compared to some of the privately viewed photos. Add to that videos.....
Posts: 986 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Remember, our soldiers share about the same degree of "guilt" that most of these people do, if these are just common soldiers. Would we even remotely tolerate our soldiers being treated the same way by Iraqis were they captured?
Two very salient points, fugu.

quote:
What I see is that these soldiers were put in the role of general police (obviously - arresting someone for rape on a person of the general population) but they don't seem to have any of the training or procedures of a general police force, such as we have here.
The men weren't off the street, they were
quote:
from the general population portion of the prison
quote:
As for the hype, there were at least two sets of pictures associated with the deal that were fake.
Which ones? And do you have anything to back that up?
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.