FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 3 day weekend, and I do NOT want to be sick.

Author Topic: 3 day weekend, and I do NOT want to be sick.
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
So I get into the office today and seriously like 50% of the people in here are coughing, sniffing noses, and just sick. I don't want to be sick thie weekend, gah!

Can I take a sick day because eveeryone else didn't? Why does everyone have to come in and bring all those germs. I never take a sick day, I never get sick during the week. Just the weekend. It's just not fair. I will get sick over the weekend and be well by Monday, it sucks.

What can I do to convince everybody to keep there no good lousy sickness out of the office.

But seriously, I want to take a sick day, so I don't get sick [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
Call in Well.
Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Do it, Zevvy. Can you just call in with a personal day?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Take a mental health day. Hey, it might work.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I take extra C and Bromelain when I suspect a bug. Doesn't seem to work, though. For a while I was pretty convinced it was making me sick faster.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
All you need is an immune system like mine, that was battling mono and tonsilitis for the better part of 6 months. After I got rid of the tonsils, my white blood cells are in fighting trim and I've been sick at all exactly once since, and that was a mild case of the sniffles. My bloodcells are now little superbeings that can squelch anything that comes their way. [Big Grin]

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh. It sounds like half of Hatrack should have called in for a mental health day today.

But if people next to you are coughing, maybe you should ask them if they'll reimburse you for missed work if you get sick.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Try not to think too much about avoiding the sickness around you, Josh. Go buy some Purell and use it a few times a day and relax. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
<-- has a four day weekend, and is REALLY happy about it!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.