FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I need some new music (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I need some new music
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
i forgot the BLOOD BROTHERS - Burn, Piano Island, Burn.

while not for everyone, this insane hardcore band puts on one of the greatest live shows ive ever been privvy to. and this cd is also just an amazing sonic assault that will make your ears burn, but no int he traditional hardcore style. these singers umm,, screach more than anybody else ive heard save for Mike Patton. But the record is catchy at the same time. its amazing.

i feel the band picks up on BURN PIANO ISLAND BURN where REFUSED left off with Shape of Punk To Come as far as changing the face of punk goes.

[ June 03, 2004, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Ben ]

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
The Dollyrots
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Oh, and to steal Elizabeth's thunder: Try Donna the Buffalo!"

Jexx, you are not stealing my thunder, simply adding to the thunder of Buffalo hooves! As a prize for mentioniing them here, or anywhere, send me your address, and I will send you a cd!
(edob63@yahoo.com)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth! That's so nice of you! I'm going to send you my address right now (far be it from me to deny myself the pleasure of a cd!)

I was putting my tongue firmly in cheek when I said I was stealing your thunder, btw. *smile* I knew you would be tickled that another Hatracker mentioned DtB.

*grin*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Tongue in or out of cheek, the cd is yours, plus bonuses!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Check your email. *smile*

Make no mistake, my tongue was NOT in my cheek when I suggested DtB, I really do think they are worth looking into...my tongue was in my cheek when I intimated stealing your thunder. Am I explaining too much? Argh, I am killing the Funny.

Hehe.

I am way excited about DtB coming in the mail (plus bonuses! wooooot!). You're the best Elizabeth--evah!

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

St. Yogi,
Didn't mean to derail your thread. I can send you some music, too! Just give me your address(see my email above)

Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
You might dig Bob Schneider. He used to be the lead singer of a punk band called The Scabs, and then The Ugly Americans. Recently, though, he's tuned it down, and now he mostly just rocks.

From the introduction of the new album at his website:

quote:
Hi everybody. So, this is the new record. It's called "I'm good now." Some people might think that that refers to me getting it together, finally, and doing the right thing, and playing by the rules, and stuff like that. But it actually refers to being dead. The whole idea behind it is life sucks, but now that I'm dead: I'm good now. It's like, I wasn't doing that good but now that I'm dead, it's all gravy.
You can hear that, and about 65% of his latest album at his
website.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.