FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oh no!

Author Topic: Oh no!
Nimrodel the Kitten
Member # 5244

- posted      Profile for Nimrodel the Kitten   Email Nimrodel the Kitten         Edit/Delete Post 
Vána here. I logged out to post as Nimrodel in the Tavern. And now I can't log back in as myself! It doesn't recognize my name!

Ack!

[ June 02, 2004, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Nimrodel the Kitten ]

Posts: 22 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever you log in as, you'll always be Vbox to me!

Did you ever email the Powers that Be about the problems you were having with your Vána account? If so, what did they say?

[ June 02, 2004, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, we don't know you. Go away.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nimrodel the Kitten
Member # 5244

- posted      Profile for Nimrodel the Kitten   Email Nimrodel the Kitten         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz] to both of you.

Yes, I did e-mail, but never heard back. [Frown] I guess I could try again. Or do you think it would be better to report the post and add an explaination? Do you think that might get a response where an e-mail didn't?

Posts: 22 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Now how come it Vána shows up correctly in the text of your first post here,

but shows up as Vbox when you post under that screenname?

hmm..

Farmgirl

[ June 02, 2004, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
A fond forever farewell to Vbox....
[Razz]

Seriously Vana, I hope it all works out for you. [Frown]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
NO! Vana my goddess!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nimrodel the Kitten
Member # 5244

I know, Telperion! It's so tragic!
Nimrodel the Kitten
Member # 5244

I reported the first post in this thread, and wrote a little explaination. I hope I hear back this time!

Vbox was bad enough, I certainly don't want to loose my name altogether! [Cry]

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Well.... at least your current name is also a sorrowful maiden... [Wink]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Oh Amroth! Don't go! *sorrow*

It's a kitten! *happy!*

no way... must be sorrowful.. *feel the sorrow*

awww... kitten is so CUTE! *HAPPY*

Nimrodel the Kitten
Member # 5244

I don't think I ever thought of Vána as sorrowful...or even Nimrodel, really, except that she got lost. She was probably pretty sad after that.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Well...Vana was sad for the Trees. [Smile] [Hat]
Nimrodel the Kitten
Member # 5244

Yeah, I'll give you that. [Smile]

And poor Nimrodel - though, it's not like Amroth left her on purpose! Though it was pretty stupid of him to just jump in the sea and likely drown himself on his way back to shore. Men. Why must they be so rash so often?

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Men rash? What about the women! [Wink]
Didn't Vana and her Maiar wenches let the Fruit of the Sun get too big and let it crack?
Didn't Nimrodel jump in the sea too? (Or did she just die from grief?? Ooo... can't remember!)
[Big Grin]

Nimrodel the Kitten
Member # 5244

Err...not sure about Vána's role in actually growing the Fruit of the Sun - I'd have to go back and reread that. But Nimrodel, from the song in FotR anyway, simply became lost in the mountains and was never seen again. Amroth's ship got pulled out to sea by a storm while he was waiting for her to show up, and when he woke up and realized it, instead of trying to bring the ship back in, he jumped into the ocean and tried to swim back to shore. He, also, was never heard from again.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
This is just poetic justice in response to the girly, completely unnecessary practice of using alternate names in the Tavern.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nimrodel the Kitten
Member # 5244

But I usually use my real name in the Tavern! You will notice from the post history that before this little incident, Nimrodel had only posted 9 times in a year, and only ever said "meow."

[Razz]

Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes!
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't matter. Even though you're not at much fault quantitatively, by choosing the name "Nimrodel the Kitten" you have amplified the schmaltz factor by like a million. Therefore you invited poetic justice, and got it. Bwahah!
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Rakeesh, you're just evil.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nimrodel the Kitten
Member # 5244

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz]
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
<puts Nimrodel the Newbie back in her box>
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't you cut and paste V�na from an old post into the login field?
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Heard anything yet?
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nimrodel the Kitten
Member # 5244

I got an e-mail! They gave me some instructions, and are going to try to fix it. [Smile] I'd really like to be able to keep my á. It makes me happy. So, I'll let you know if they have any luck!
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Testing, testing...
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

Whoo-hoo!
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Smile]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
What happened to the box?
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

It's gone! I'm me again!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Vána got fixed! [Big Grin]

(OoC, here I come!)

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
For the post or the parenthetical comment? [Evil Laugh]
For some reason, today this thread made me think of Mr. Bill.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.