FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » *beams*

Author Topic: *beams*
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
This is the epiphany of shameless self promotion, but I got my job at Starbucks!
[Big Grin]
*does happy dance*
[Cool]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay. Now get me an iced white chocolate mocha. Tall. No whipped cream.

[Razz]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

wimpy drink.
pfft
I like the the americano with an extra shot, sometimes two. [Razz] No cream or sweetener.

Yes, I drink my coffee like and old man, I know. [Wink] [Cool]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget to tip Nick your spare change. That is what it says in my tip guide.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Tall mocha frappachino, shot of raspberry syrup, whipped cream, no chocolate syrup on top.

To go.

[Big Grin] Congrats!

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

Thanks. [Smile]

One thing I notice about Starbucks: Most people order the "foo-foo" drinks more often than anything that has any coffee flavor. [Dont Know]

Icarus
Member # 3162

I know it's a wimpy drink, but it's either that or the swill you gringos call coffee. As soon as y'all start selling café cubano, I'll lay off the sweet stuff. [Razz]

quote:
anything that has any coffee flavor
You folks sell anything like that? [Wink]

[ June 07, 2004, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
So, is taking No Doze and drinking your product the new atomic cocktail for this decade?

Congrats on the new job.

Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, don't forget the Jolt gum.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

quote:
You folks sell anything like that?
[ROFL]
Ela
Member # 1365

Hey, Icky, I'll go for Cuban coffee with you. [Smile]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Professor Funk
Member # 5608

- posted      Profile for Professor Funk   Email Professor Funk         Edit/Delete Post 
So, does that make you a baristo?
Posts: 99 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Gratz!

Vinti Mocha Frappucino w/ Whip, please.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Hey Ela, if someone opened a bunch of Cuban Coffee stands (with pastelitos too, of course) at the turnpike plazas, don't you think they would make a killing?
Ela
Member # 1365

Definitely. [Big Grin]

Even non-cubanos eat that stuff in south Florida.

And don't forget Cuban toast. Yummy! [Big Grin]

tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Nickita! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

quote:
So, does that make you a baristo?
I don't know if Starbucks ever cared about the correct gender with the word, Barista.

It might be made up for all I know.

Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
I love starbucks! I get to pay $4 for a cup a coffee there!

congrats on your new job
[Party]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Nick.

I'll have hot chocolate, please. [Smile]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Nick! [Big Grin] Make mine a non-fat latte.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! Venti Vanilla cream. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
I am all about the chai.

1 venti iced chai, please

Congrats, Nick!

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Skinny vanilla latte please... one of the BIG ones.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
YEAY!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Venti latte in the morning, iced if it's warm out, and sometimes a tazo passion tea lemonade in the afternoon. Or one of the new strawberries and cream frappacino thingies, no whip. But I order it as a venti pink freezie. [Big Grin] dkw, you would like the tea lemonades.

Edit: oh, and congratulations. [Smile]

[ June 07, 2004, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
they didn't hire me at starbucks. maybe it's because i left the "why do you like coffee?" section blank on my application.

jerks.
congratulations, you'll loathe it in no time!

honestly, i hope you don't loathe your job. and remember to be nice to the people that don't know what the different sizes are or all the jargon. we be simple folk.

(my first experience with starbucks was coinicidentally also my first experience with new england - boston to be exact. it was my third experience with tall snobby effeminate black guys with dreads and nerd glasses. that guy was a total prig. i now hate all of new england. i still have crushes on too many effeminate black guys with dreads and nerd glasses to hate all of them.)

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
I could be an effeminate black guy with dreads and nerd glasses.

If I was black.

Or had dreads.

Or wore glasses, of the nerd type, or otherwise.

::cough::

AND if I was effeminate, yea, can't forget that one!

::grunts::

::scratches self::

::burps::

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

[ROFL] at jebus
I thought my answer to coffee was quite lame.

I put: Because it's got loads of caffeine. [Smile]

The trick is, you make a follow up call two days after you put in your application. I got my first interview that way. The guy said something along the lines of "Well, your application was not very good, but I can see that you're much better in the interview, which is more important." That was the assistant manager. [Smile]

He seemed to really like me. [Dont Know]

Thanks everybody. [Smile]

[ June 07, 2004, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Nick ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

You went that long before finding a reason to hate New England? [Confused]

[ June 07, 2004, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.