FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » go pistons go!

Author Topic: go pistons go!
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
So the NBA finals are on...And I'm rootin for the Pistons. I've noticed that the Lakers have a knack for gettin buzzer-beaters, like they did last night to send the game into overtime. I've also noticed that many people aren't fans of the Lakers. Just like me. BOO Lakers!

[The Wave]
Pistons
[The Wave]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
*is from Sacramento*
*hates Lakers*

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I was rooting for the Pistons, but I gotta admit that was one good game for Kobe. The Lakers earned that one.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
GO DETROIT!!!
[The Wave]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hasdy
Member # 5905

- posted      Profile for hasdy   Email hasdy         Edit/Delete Post 
Now that hockey is over, I've strayed to basketball.

I'm not too keen on Detriot.... but dammit, I despise the Lakers!!!!
*Wish the T-Wolves took em out*

So by default..... GO DETRIOT!!!!!!

Posts: 30 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
Game 3 tonight!
[The Wave]
Let's go pistons!
[The Wave]

I've noticed that not one person here has cheered for lakers [Cool]

[ June 10, 2004, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theresa
Member # 6609

- posted      Profile for Theresa   Email Theresa         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope there is a hockey season next year...I don't think I can stand to watch that much basketball...especially since we all know the NBA rigs the games. It's all about ratings. [Evil]

I hate the Lakers so very very much.

[ June 10, 2004, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Theresa ]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

NBA rigs the games??!! then shouldn't Indiana be in the finals...since they had the #1 record and all...
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't be silly. It'd be the Cubs versus the RedSox.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to despise the Lakers. I really, really did.

Then Karl Malone had to go and join up with them, making it impossible for me to root against them (collectively, at least), and in fact forcing me to hope they actually win it all again this year.

I really hope they do win, so Karl can get his ring and retire, and I can go back to hating them.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chizpurfle
Member # 6255

- posted      Profile for Chizpurfle   Email Chizpurfle         Edit/Delete Post 
I am in the same boat as you, UofUlawguy.

I live in LA but would be rooting for the Pistons if it wasn't for Malone. The man deserves his ring.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

[The Wave]
Pisonts win
[The Wave]
Game 3
[The Wave]
Series Score:
[The Wave]
2-1 Pistons
[The Wave]

Nick
Member # 4311

Awesomeness. [Smile]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
edgardu
Member # 242

- posted      Profile for edgardu           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Malone is not going to be effective the rest of the series. Gary Payton has contributed nothing so far. It's going to feel a little empty even if they do get the ring.

To his credit, the Lakers wouldn't have gotten this far without Malone. I thought that he was the difference in the 2 series vs the Spurs and T-wolves.

Posts: 176 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he was probably the difference from the beginning of the season, in the sense that his experience, leadership, stability and affability helped hold together a team that showed every sign of completely falling to pieces because of internal division and outside distraction.

[ June 11, 2004, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: UofUlawguy ]

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wall Bash]
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

3-1 Pistons....I'm kinda going for the Lakers now...I want to see a good NBA Finals series - I mean, the Nets and Pistons went to a Game 7 - The Lakers at least should make it to 6.
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
The Detroit Pistons remind me of the Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl Champions, you know the one that allowed like 68 yards a game.

Defense will kill you and you're whole dynasty.

The lakers are victims of their own arrogance, thinking they are so good they can get by with a turn it on/turn it off attitude.

I wonder if Kobe raped the girl.

He's a great basketball player, but he's a jerk at the minimum.

As a mattet of fact, He's such a jerk he makes me like Shaq.

yup.

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
What, no one going to gloat or weep over this?
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
So they won?

EDIT: Joke.

[ June 16, 2004, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
*Looks around frantically*

Where is the rope?!

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Malone's using it. Be patient.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

GARRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a ridiculous series! just absurd.

*hangs head low*

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

was there a game on tonight?!

was that basketball?

grrr...

Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a tough time deciding whom to root for. On the one hand, you have the crowd of spoiler LA crybabies where the only person to consistently give 100% is Jack Nicholson. On the other hand, Detroit is full of Tar Heels. I also wanted vindication for the defeat of the Spurs and KG -- it's a small consolation for a fanboi to be able to say "we lost in the conference semis, but you may as well have called it the Finals."

I picked Detroit by a rather narrow margin, but once I saw them play I knew it was the right choice. They hustle, they play defense, and they do it as a team. There's a predictable crowd of naysayers on college-ball boards touting FG% as the latest reason the NBA has gone to hell, but they were the same guys clamoring for a zone 4 years ago and so are quite ignorable. For the rest of us, it's simply great basketball. Larry Brown is an older brand of Hole, who, like Dean, you don't mind if they take a leisurely route to hell; even Rasheed has mellowed into a tolerable, if not respectable human being. Go Pistons.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

Ceeeeelebrate good times COME ON!
[The Wave]
HAHAHAHAHA! BOOOO LAKERS! [Razz]

Shlomo
Member # 1912

- posted      Profile for Shlomo   Email Shlomo         Edit/Delete Post 
When I played in a youth basketball league a few years ago, I kept talking about how I was the next Ben Wallace, because my game was primarily vicious rebounding and defense.

If this had happened two years earlier, I might have been a SERIOUS baller by now.

Posts: 755 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

WOO GO pistons
[The Wave]
[Party]

Even though it was a terrible series.

Im convinced the best playoff series was Heat - Pacers [Wink]

Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it took them 14 years to "threepeat."

I am not really a fan of basketball, since unless you are at least 6'5" you are considered physically handicapped, and I like games I can play and have been good at (mainly baseball). So last night I was trying to get to sleep, when all of a sudden about 11:50 P.M. I heard these explosions, and people going up and down the streets yelling and screaming. I figured either terrorists had bombed the nearby mall, or else people were starting their July 4 celebrations early. I listened a little more, and the shouts and screams actually sounded a little joyful, and finally I remembered that the Pistons began their playoff game at the Palace at 9:00 P.M., so the time could be right--could it be they won?

Needless to say, "Homer" that I am (even if I don't care for basketball), I had to get up and check the radio station that carried the game, then the TV. What a great score to win by--100 to 87. An even 100. Three of the four victories by the Pistons were by a double-digit margin, and it could have been a four-game sweep but for that freaky last second three-pointer by Kobe Bryant in the first game. (OK I do follow the sport just a little bit.)

No one can say the victory was a fluke.

Question is, are the Lakers really as good as everyone thought, or are the Lakers actually not that good when faced with a good defense?

Well, the screaming and yelling and firecrackers and horn honking and cars pealing up and down the street continued until past 2:00 A.M. I remember at one point hearing off in the distance over on Gratiot Ave. over a block away (a six lane, divided main drag) a police car saying over its loudspeaker, "Get out of the Street!"

No way I was going to venture out there. But I didn't really mind being kept awake. Joy is fun.

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ann Arbor was going so nuts last night! It was so great to be out there for that. I was even getting into the game and all, with all the energy at the bar. [Smile]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Detroit rules! Long live the Dark City!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
The parade and festivites around Hart Plaza were pretty impressive, too. Huge, huge, turnout of people. I think everyone in the city called in sick. The rains that had been predicted never materialized. The sun shone on Detroit!
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

quote:
I think everyone in the city called in sick.
vomit-inducing aberrations can have that effect.

*dribbles into barf-bag*

fallow

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.