FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bonnaroo

Author Topic: Bonnaroo
thrak
Member # 5499

- posted      Profile for thrak   Email thrak         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else going to this year's Bonnaroo music festival?

I am going for the first time this year. It looks to be a good lineup of artists, but I do not know what to expect from such a large festival. I think that I am probably too old to make it for three days of music/camping.

I am excited about seeing Wilco, Bob Dylan, Gillian Welch, Los Lobos, Del McCoury, Robert Earl Keen, Sam Bush, Steve Winwood, Doc Watson, The Dead, Primus (w/Adrian Belew), Taj Mahal, Cracker/Camper Van Beethoven and David Bryne.

[ June 09, 2004, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: thrak ]

Posts: 115 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Thrak,
Bonnaroo is a bit too big for us, but have fun!! Are you camping, or going in by day?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Pokaroo! Pokaroo!

The Pokadot Door......the Pokadot Door!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrak
Member # 5499

I will be camping. It is a 9 hour drive from my home and a 5 hour drive from my dad's.
Posts: 115 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd heard that Belew was going to be perfoming with Primus.

*envy*

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Tarps and bungies, tarps and bungies!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Definitely see Robert Randolph and the Family Band. Sacred steel, whoowhee!
Was Trey always booked on his own, or since the break-up?

eslaine
Member # 5433

Trey Gunn?
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

No, Trey Chic.
(sorry)
Trey Anastasio. Phish. Unless you are teasing me. Because who DOESN'T know that? hee hee.

thrak
Member # 5499

I think Trey was always booked solo. I doubt I get to see him though. He is the last act on the 3rd day, and I will need to be hitting the road back east to get to work.

Eslaine, it was when I heard that Belew was playing with Primus that I decided to go to the festival. I have seen most of the acts at least once before, but to see Primus play with Adrian... wow. I just know they will play Thela Hun Ginjeet.

RRR
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for RRR   Email RRR         Edit/Delete Post 
I really wish I could go, though I wouldn't want to camp out. But I so want to see Calexico live. And it's fairly close to me.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

RRR, they are sold out!

Festival camping is tough camping. We want an RV in the biggest way.

eslaine
Member # 5433

Primus would do a great rendition of Thela Hun Gingeet!

Both Belew and Byrne are very charismatic performers. Let me reiterate my envy.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Les Claypool isn't so bad, either.
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
A whole bunch of my friends are going and wanted me to come. But it's too much of a time and money commitment for me to make it. Thus I am saddened. Hopefully next year!
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

From adrianbelew.net:
quote:
playing nicely with primus
adrian hit the stage w/ Primus at the Bonnaroo festival in the wee early hours of June 13th. adrian performed thela hun ginjeet and tweekers - just to name a few - and adrian also performed an electric version of his Lone Rhinoceros. Many of the Primus fans are calling it, "a new Belew song" to which we say, "you should hear his even newer tunes". more on this as it seeps thru the Internet.

That must have been fun. Will we see some recordings?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.