FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Mid-20's Clique (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Mid-20's Clique
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo! [Big Grin]

Old enough to remember the 80's pretty well, young enough to still have our youth. Old enough to be treated as an adult, young enough to toss in some immaturity.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Sign me up. I'm the middle of the mid-20s as we speak. (and even scarier as I post this month I'm in the middle of the middle of my mid-20s too)

AJ

[ June 10, 2004, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beca
Member # 4340

- posted      Profile for Beca           Edit/Delete Post 
...unless people still think you're in high school and a significant number of your friends jokingly call you "Mom" and tell you how old you are.

[Smile]

Posts: 188 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Bah. Early 30s is the place to be.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

Silly afr. Can you 'let loose' with few worries? Do you still hang out with friends on a regular basis? Stay up late some nights, but not every night?

You can be an honorary Mid-20's Hatracker!

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beca
Member # 4340

- posted      Profile for Beca           Edit/Delete Post 
BannaOj, does this mean you're also turning 25 this month?
Posts: 188 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
turning 25 and a half, so I'm in the middle of Being 25 is what I meant.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
AFR,

Just a thought:

As someone who has been there, early 30's (or mid-twenties) are NOT a place to BE.

They are a place you are passing THROUGH on your way to somewhere older.

[Evil]

Have a great day!

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone knows that your life begins and ends with your undergrad. This is just a pathetic attempt by you graduates to recapture the good times before slipping into the dreary reality that will be your 30s.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

No, not to 30! (in a Prince Humperdinck voice)
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
In August I will be 26
Too close to 30. I hope this doesn't mean I have to act like sitcom people.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I will *never* be too old to act immature. [Big Grin]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 23. None of this mid-20s garbage for me. I plan to stay 23 forever (just like I planned to stay 22 forever).

I refuse to join your clique.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

See? All the mid-20's hatrackers are cool!
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't that Count Rrrrrrugan?
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
25, 1 month, and 21 days.
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

</denial> I'm still in my mid twenties! </denial>
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

you're right, it was Count Reugen.
Suneun
Member # 3247

oh right, paul, we were going to do a dating swap. I haven't forgotten you, things have just gotten nasty here (studying for the boards as we type...).
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently celebrated the tenth anniversary of my mid-20s. Does that count?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
AFR,

Just a thought:

As someone who has been there, early 30's (or mid-twenties) are NOT a place to BE.

They are a place you are passing THROUGH on your way to somewhere older.

I don't know about that - I enjoyed my 30's. The 40's are good, too, though. [Smile]

My 20's were honestly not my best years.

[ June 10, 2004, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I say good-bye to my 20s in less than two months. Surprisingly, it hasn't really effected me. At least, not yet. [Angst]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 30. And I've noticed that the last few posts are by people who aren't in their 20's. People, I think we can take them. It's time for a revolution of the mid-20's clique! Throw off your walkers and Depends and come on!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

Oh you people and your families =)
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Do I count?

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo!

Go Twenties!

er, mid twenties that is.

Go Mid-Twenties!

[ June 10, 2004, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Happy Camper ]

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

If we just wait a few years, they will join us. [Big Grin]
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm turning 30 next year. I have a mortgage, a wife, a car, and a fetus. And yet I'm strangely happy -- and besides a few creaks in the morning, have yet to feel ancient or out of touch. Heck, I even buy CDs of modern music. So who knows?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Sunuen: [Razz]

I was not entirely sad to leave my 20s. Like Tom, I am already living the life of a 30-year-old. Might as well have the numbers to prove it. The 20s was for B.A. degrees and getting married. It served its purpose.

Space Opera, it's funny how rarely I run into people who are within a year of my age. Ever since high school, it seems like everyone our age vanished. I don't know what happened to them. [Confused]

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I join? I'm 18?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueJacsFan
Member # 6590

- posted      Profile for BlueJacsFan   Email BlueJacsFan         Edit/Delete Post 
30 didn't bother me a bit. 33, on the other hand.....

And now I'm quickly moving out of the mid 30s into the upper 30s, and life just goes on.

Posts: 159 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
advice for robots,

I know what happened to them. Remember the big hair of the late 80s and early 90s? The amount of hairspray used killed of at least 2/3 of the women. The men, once they discovered that the trend of women taking 4 hours to do their hair was over were so happy that they ran around leaping in joy, which promptly made 2/3 of them die of heart attacks from second-hand hairspray ingestion.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
26 in september and feel like I'm going on 46. Guess the back surgery, receding hair line, and stupid wife will do that to you. But I do still get together with friends some weekends and stay up till 4:00 am drinking beer and playing Halo, so I guess I haven't completely abandoned my 20's.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Am I still mid-20s if I'm turning 28 in September?

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I do still get together with friends some weekends and stay up till 4:00 am drinking beer and playing Halo
I have something to look forward to [Cool]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
we're all mid to late 20's. All proffesionals (teachers, lawyers, and pharmacist mostly) and all still stupid about xbox. Life doesn't completely end after college. [Smile]
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I loved my 20s, but so far I've loved my 30s even more. I've really lucked out--every decade seems to be better than the last for me.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

Bok: You're still mid-20's for this summer =)

(BTW, "20's" is probably totally incorrect. If this bothers you, pretend I wrote "20s" instead)

Suneun
Member # 3247

Or perhaps...

"The Mid-20s' Clique"

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, I've liked my 30's the best as well. I'm trying to be optimistic about my 40's, but it's hard.

I would also like to point out that someone who is in their mid-20's can't remember the 80's all that well. Remembering the cartoons of that decade doesn't really count.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
turning 25 and a half, so I'm in the middle of Being 25 is what I meant.

Actually, the very middle of the twenties would be 24 and a half. (I'm just ticked that I'm too old to belong so I have to be nit picky.)
Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Count me in. I just turned 26 last week.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
27! Count me in!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

should be right when you turn 25.

20 -- 21 -- 22 -- 23 -- 24 -- 25 -- 26 -- 27 -- 28 -- 29 --

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I expect that my 40s will be quite a bit of fun. I'm a little leery of entering my 50s, but that's still a good 18 years away, so I'm not worrying about it quite yet.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
25, 1 month, and 21 days.
I'm 25, 149 months, and 14 days.

Does that count? [Wink]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd better post on this thread while I still can.

I turn twenty-seven in about, well, really soon.

Twenty-seven.

And, yeah, I know it isn't all that old, but it seems way too old to be where I am right now.

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
<--- Turns 25 in the fairly near future.

beat, I had no idea that you were less than a year older than me. Although, given my generally oblivious nature, it should really be more of a surprise when I do know how old people are.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*raises hand* I'm 25 and a few months, so I guess I'm in this clique. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
<-- is letting saxon try 25 out first.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.