FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I need a gigantic favor . . .

Author Topic: I need a gigantic favor . . .
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone try emailing me, please? The address is in my profile. Thanks.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
okay, you have just been e-mailed.
Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Hmph. Well, the account obviously works. I'm just not getting emails from a couple mailing lists that I should be getting. I wonder what the problem is.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Spam filtering?

Blacklisted ISPs?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I have spam filtering turned off, and I doubt that Comics.com is blacklisted. At least, I hope it's not.

Dangit, I want my daily Dilbert and Peanuts!

Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, we'll tell you the truth. Have you heard of human sacrifice? When it is your honor and privilege to be the next victim, some people get embarrased and start avoiding you. The only mail you get is bills, the phone never rings, your e-mails slow to only spam (and not even these if you have a spam blocker).

So, if you are getting no letters I'd start getting edgy and staying away from altars.

Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, comics.com... why didn't you say so? I had the same experience with them. They must purge their lists periodically. You have to re-register.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Hmm. I only started having a problem when I switched web hosts. I think maybe I had the catch-all address set incorrectly or something, though hopefully I've got it figured out now.
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Jalapenoman [Angst] This explains a lot in my life right now . . .
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this an official comics.com mailing list?

If it's not official, then it's possible the mailing list was suspended or closed down. Over at LiveJournal several syndicated feeds (including the Dilbert Feed) were just suspended. Rumor is that it's due to legal issues such as stolen bandwith or licensing, etc.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Yes, I actually went to Comics.com and registered for a free subscription (a couple free subscriptions, actually).
Icarus
Member # 3162

Today's Dilbert is particularly germane. [Big Grin]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I quite like Sunday's, too. [Smile]
Icarus
Member # 3162

Say, Jon Boy, you used the work "actually" twice in your penultimate post.

Just thought you should know.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Say, Icarus, you obviously can't tell the difference between a d and a k.

Just thought you should know.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

And actually, I actually already know that I actually use it as a meaningless emphasis word too often.

Actually.

[ June 12, 2004, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Who's having a problem with their Ds now?

Edit to add "a".

[ June 12, 2004, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Ha ha! Dagonee can't spell, either!

Mine was actually a problem of rewording my post and not fixing it completely.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Is leaving a word out entirely misspelling it? Now that's a philosophical conundrim... er ... conandrum ... er ... puzzle.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Is adding an extra word the same as having a problem with d's?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Well, the problem could have been fixed by adding a d to one word or taking out a whole other word. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you only made a one-letter mistake, not a 4-letter-and-a-space mistake, but I'll go ahead and give you the five point error if you insist.

Dagonee

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

[Razz]

Lawyers . . .

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Ah, the last refuge of a desperate man - reminding himself he's competing with his superior. [Taunt]
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

And you're so cunning and perceptive, too. It's like you know exactly what I'm thinking!

Let's see if you can read this.

*thinks*

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Such language!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.