FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's Good!

Author Topic: It's Good!
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes! Private industry slips the bonds of gravity!

Linky!

[The Wave]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent. I saw they were planning to go today and figured someone here would keep us updated. Were there 3 people in that or only one? Is the X-prize imminent?

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
John Carmack's got some impressive VTOL stuff going on with his, but Rutan's design, unsurprisingly, looks to be the front runner...
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
There was only one. This was the "test" flight. The next one will be weighted to account for two passengers.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
There was live coverage on my radio station this morning. (KFOG, SF) Sounded cool!

This totally rocks!

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it didn't slip the bonds of gravity -- it just escaped the atmostphere. It didn't get fast enough even to orbit -- let alone escape the gravity well.

Still, [Cool]

[ June 21, 2004, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
You are, of course, correct.

But the poetry....

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
So cool!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. This seems to be very well received by the press! In a very positive manner too!

Does this mean that the people would like this direction to follow, or is it just that the news has been so bad lately?

Oh, well. I'll take it!

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.