FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 20)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh. I just completed the Baron Quest and got like 20,000 meat. And an axe I can't use until I have 60 base muscle. I am so buying mass skilz yo and then taking a vacation or 8.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, that reminds me of something: after you give the Baron a dictionary, is it still possible to get additional dictionaries by adventuring? Because the Orc Chasm is fairly rewarding, and just about nothing is more effective there than a good dictionary.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
TD:

yes, in fact, you will even find other uses for those scrolls.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I already found that use. In fact, that was my FIRST use of the scroll, as I was more familiar with that number than I was with the number I needed to beat the quest. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

I just found that use today and have one of my accounts so equipped. Four more to go.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
The site is down. Or at least I can't access it from my account. [Frown]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, and you might want to say 'plugh'. You'll be pleasantly surprised I think.

I did that already! I was pleasantly surprised. I got the goods. Now it still wants something. I tried plugh again and I was told that I already tried that.

edited because I can't spell, type or think when I'm sleepy.

[ July 29, 2004, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Use simple terms like "go north" "go east" "open door", etc.

What you'll want to do is go into the house, take the sword, go north and pick up the stick, cut the hedge, find the bonfire, light the stick, go into the cave, kill the serpent, open the chest, and look behind the chest and look in the tiny hole.

Some of the directions (NSEW) might be off, but otherwise that's it.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Oh, and it's a double-new moon day! Moxie and Grues work.

Edit: Tom, yeah, just repeat the same process that got you the first dictionary.

[ July 29, 2004, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Rakeesh ]

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know why the Digital Keys are worth so much in the mall? What are they used for?
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
Oh, I already found that use. In fact, that was my FIRST use of the scroll, as I was more familiar with that number than I was with the number I needed to beat the quest.
(calmed down now that I can access the site again)

Can you give a clue to the clueless here? What use? *It's obvious that certain types of background knowledge is helpful in this game - knowledge I don't seem to have*

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Curious - what's the advantage to using the grue familiar today?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Grues cannot work on days with excessive light.
sndrake
Member # 4941

Tom,

I get that grues need to be out only on dark days - but what advantages do they bring with them?

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

It seems to me that grues simply bite their opponents. Granted, they do good damage-for a familiar-but do they have any other benefits?

Ssndrake, there are ultimately two types of scrolls you can make in the l33t land. One gets you the axe, completes the quest, and loses the dictionary. Plus lots of meat, I think. The other grants two items: a Stat Script, and a Hermit Script. The stat script gives lots of stat points, obviously. The Hermit script means you'll never need a Hermit Permit again. That scroll you can make multiple times, but it only ever gives worthless trinkets after the first time.

That reminds me: what do Valuable Trinket do, or what are they used for?

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
So, a couple of questions. First, does anyone know of any items that grant either spooky resistance or fire resistance? I've got stuff for cold and stench, but it really irritates me when I try to get through the daily dungeon and get stopped cold by a big stupid spooky head.

Also, what are the advantages of being a disco bandit or accordion thief? That is, seal clubbers and turtle tamers can smith things that other classes can't, and pastamancers and saucerors can cook things that others can't. Is there anything that the moxie-based classes can do that others can't?

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
A glowing red eye gives you spooky resistance I think. It sells at the mall for just 133 meat.

[ July 29, 2004, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Azile ]

Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you not sell The Scalp of Gorgolok? I know I could make some good money for it, but it seems I'm stuck with it.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Somehow I've broken free from my addiction to KOL. Don't know how it happened, but I haven't played in several days. I'm thinking this is just the calm before the storm, though.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

So, anybody know what's the deal with the yeti protesting? I adventured a whole bunch at the Icy Peak today and some hippy handed me a sign. When I tried using it, all that happened was that I lost an adventure. Is there something I'm missing?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you read todays notes?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Well, I saw the announcement and the list of people who have spent adventures in protest, but I don't get it.
Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
Jick is trying to just deter people from farming the Yeti Mountain. You can go up there, but only at the risk of losing a couple of adventures.
Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Under Announcements on the main page is this "teaser"

quote:

July 28
Hippies everywhere!
Protestors at Mt. McLargeHuge!

Its a in-game joke on the Democrat Convention
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

We need someone with the sign and a warmth buff to go up the mt in Hippy costume and see if anythign happens.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Mike,

What's your character's name? I can have my Sauceror cast Elemental Sauceosphere on him for 100+ turns worth. Protects against all special damage.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Well, I'm going offline, but message Bernie the Bernaise if anyone wants such a buff in the future.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Just thought I'd announce that I have a store: House of Berp.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
Timmy The Turtle Tamer is applying for clan membership.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Who else here has stores? (so I can put them on my Top10 list of stores) [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a store, though I already mentioned it. My character is mathmavin, and the store has mathmavin in the name.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Rakeesh, I'll send you 5k gold if you can cast the sauceosphere or whatever on me for that many turns. My character's name is mathmavin.

[Edited to add character name]

[ July 30, 2004, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Mr.Funny ]

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, help for the clueless.

I am in the dark and dank cave. Have killed the serpent, have gotten the treasure.

And read Rakeesh's post.

However, I can't figure out the command to find the hole.... or at anyrate, what to do next [Wink]

And... my computer had a little "fitz" and I didn't see what Igot out of the chest. Which may be useful to know [Wink]

Thanks!

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

I've got a store now: CaySedai
It's the: Genuine General Store

fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
*flushes with pride for the bluesun*

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Items you get from the chest (strange leaflet):
Frobozz Real-Estate Company Instant House.
grue egg.

To do the strange leaflet quest:
Strange Leaflet-This leaflet is given to you by the Council Of Loathing. Use the leaflet and type in the following instructions in order Open Door, East, Take Sword, West, North, Cut Hedge, Pick Up Stick, West, Light Stick, East, North, Kill Serpent, Open Chest, Look Behind Chest, Look In Hole. If done correctly you will get a House and Grue Egg. There is also a code that can be typed into the leaflet which gives 10000 Meat and a 100 boost to each stat, the code itself is 5 letters and is a code from a few old school text adventure games. The code is as follows: plugh

Note: the quest information was from the website referenced, but I modified a couple of things - spelling of follows and the actual (current) code to get the stats boost.

fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
grrruhh?

shaggy?

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
deanna troi would like to join the clan.

>_>
<_<

i'm not addicted. really.

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

I am.

I know I'm getting W31rd, d00d.

It's down. My husband said that I've worn out my welcome there. [Frown]

edited to add that it came right back up! [Razz]
Effects of Food & Drink

[ July 30, 2004, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
my 7:00am playtime was awsome. like, everyone was dropping stuff. i have 3 barrrrrnacles in addition to the one i made into a familiar. was the server set to generous or was i experiencing the effects of whatever spicy peppered love thunder's core showered on me?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

How does everyone collect so much meat?

If I go out buy (well actually I just "bought" a brainy skull, everything else was earned square and fair) all the components for the Chef in the Box and the handy little lady that cleans my camp, don’t forget all my superpower buffs, etc. etc. etc., I’m left with no meat.

I have NO MEAT. I looked at the stats...and every one has a ton of meat. I'm lucky to have 74 meat at the end of my adventures for the day?

Do I have a shopping problem?!

[ July 30, 2004, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Work on getting a Leprechaun familiar, Tammy, to alleviate your meat problems.

To get it, you need to obtain a 10-leaf clover from the Hermitage and then adventure in the Spooky Forest. Each time you do, you'll obtain a Bowl of Lucky Charms. Eat the cereal, and you'll get a Leprechaun hatchling-if you don't, repeat the process with another clover. Use the hatchling, and take it with you, and every monster will drop more meat.

Of if you want a quick-fix, get a 10-leaf clover and adventure in the Knob Goblin Treasury. You'll get a Dense Meat Stack each time you visit with the clover in your inventory, which sells for 1,000 meat.

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Yes, you have a shopping problem.

Do you have a Leprechaun? They help you get meat.

Fight in the Treasury. Lots of cash their.

Tammy
Member # 4119

Gives Rakeesh *Happy Tammy Goodness buffs* (unlimited)

Your mind has expanded to an entirely new plane -- a plane of Happy Goodness.

Thanks!

*Looks frantically for a Shopaholic Meeting to attend*

[ July 30, 2004, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
*APPLYING FOR JATRAQUEROS*

I just started yesterday with a Disco Bandit and as you can guess I'm applying for the clan.
My character's name is MrGumby

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
What are vacations good for? I've been on a couple and for 3 adventures and 500 meat, I keep walking away with a few stat points. What am I missing?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Vacations are *most* good for vacation prizes you get. Dingy Plans, especially-you need that to adventure at all on the Island. There's a meat globe which rewards almost as much meat as you've spent up to that point to get it, plus LOTS of stat bonuses. Occasionally you'll get little paper umbrellas, good for making better cocktails. Also casts, Barbed Wire, Abominable Snowcones, Ent Ciders...
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
HELP!!!

I forgot my password and I keep clicking on that link on the login page to get them to send me the reminder, but I never get an e-mail back.

I had the thing programmed into my home computer, but it's gone now!!!

I'm going crazy!

Is there anyone here that KNOWS this guy and could get him to send me a reminder e-mail?

My character is Dro_Trebor and the registered e-mail is the one in my profile: bscopatz@data-nexus.com

I think maybe his e-mail thing is blocked. I tried to write the guy at his regular website, to no avail.

I know he must be swamped and stuff, but the automated reminder system isn't working. And I can't get inside the system to repor the bug.

Crud.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Bob: remember the password has to have letters and numbers - did you use a familiar password and add numbers?
Tammy
Member # 4119

My fingers are trigger happy...I pushed my destination in before I read the whole message.

*Jalapeño Saucesphere*

[Kiss]

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.