FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 22)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
what do you get if you use your WANG?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
In the item description, the WANG seems to have something to do with spellchecking, but I don't really see how that works. Maybe it's involved in the chat, which I never use.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhhhhh, multiple things. I'd tried going with just a sprocket, but turns out you need both a sprocket and a cog.....
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
celia, didn't your parents teach you about the birds and the bees?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't have any idea how hard I had to try to keep from giving any reference that could be taken OOC.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

cripes, zan, i didn't ask what would happen if he used it on me.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
There's quite a list of things you'll need to get through the Dark and Sinister Cave, lusti.

You'll need (not in this order, I forget the order) a Gnollish Flyswatter, Knob Goblin Tongs, Fairy Gravy, Ketchup or Katsup, a cog and a sprocket (possibly a spring, too), and I think that's it. Your Nemesis will be easily defeatable past L4, I think.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Hmmmm, I can't seem to figure out the right item to remove salad from the door. Spork doesn't do it, asparagus knife doesn't do it, pasta spoon doesn't do it, even loose teeth doesn't do it....

Ah! TONGS!!

[ August 03, 2004, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, a question...what do I need to get past that stupid whatever-it-is I need to sneak past in the Daily Dungeon? I pumped every stat, but it doesn't help...
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

is it a fridge? if it is, you need the hot and cold ninja outfit. (or that's what works for me)
zgator
Member # 3833

All you need is to get a sauceror to cast an Elemental Saucesphere on you. It's good for 10 adventures and even low level saucerors should have it. Just let Zanadu know, and I'll cast one on you.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

Oh, and if you've had a character apply to the clan and not yet been accepted, it may be that we don't know who you are.

So please, POST HERE with the names you've submitted.

*eyes Frothygrynne and the supposed MrSquicky suspiciously*

[ August 03, 2004, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Frothygrynne is a friend of mine - sorry for not posting sooner. He's good people.

I kinda promised this was not the kind of clan that would get him drunk, beat him senseless, take his wallet and throw him out on the street.

We're not that kind of clan, right? [Smile]

(Maybe I should have asked before giving out reassurances...)

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

celia always makes it worth your while when she does that.
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
is it a fridge? if it is, you need the hot and cold ninja outfit. (or that's what works for me)
The Xtreme Cold Weather Gear Outfit works, too. I think several different things protect you from the cold, just like several different things can prevent you from bad smells like bat guano and the pit of nasty fumes in the Daily Dungeon.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel pathetic. Twenty turns and I still can't break the hedge maze puzzle. I don't think it's suppose to be this hard.
Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I X-post this from Clan ML. Does anyone who is a Seal Clubber want to help me smith some chrome crossbow? I'd make it worth your while, but I have no idea what a Disco Bandit can do that any other class can't... [Frown]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Also, if you're saving a clover, all you have to do is USE it in your inventory. Then it disassembles and no one will touch it. If you want to use it for something, USE it again, and it goes back together. Future reference, Tammy. [Wink]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
::Mabus the Sauceror enters, wearing a chef's hat and wielding Knob Goblin tongs:: This is actually kind of fun...

I'm not sure how to get new skills, though.

[ August 04, 2004, 04:55 AM: Message edited by: Mabus ]

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

When you're advanced enough (I think maybe level 3), you can buy training at the League of the Chef Magi on the Right Side of the Tracks.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Ryuko,

I'd be happy to:) Jeff the Jerk, message him. He'll smith it for ya.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

OK, sent. [Smile]
sndrake
Member # 4941

Was wondering if any non-pastamancers wanted to trade some dry noodles. I'm trying to figure something fair - especially for lower levels. Would one dish of "delicious spicy noodles" for every 4 dry noodles be fair?
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Really, dry noodles should be saved for Hell Ramen or else sold outright. Thousands a piece.
sndrake
Member # 4941

Rakeesh,

that's only true if you have the active cooperation of a sauceror and a pastamancer.

But it's the reason I put it out there. I have other ways to get dry noodles - at least 3 per day - so it's not worth it to spend thousands, but would be willing to trade off against "delicious spicy noodles" - which don't need the cooperation of any other character to make.

Figure it might be worth it for some people once in awhile.

Ryuko
Member # 5125

Erm... Ambriel and The Green Avenger are applying to the clan. (and they're me... >_>)
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

I've got a Pastamancer and a Sauceror, if you need some assistance. Making Hell Ramen or other items is a matter of minutes, if you'd like.

Bernie the Bernaise and Jeff the Sauceror.

Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I have the abridged dictionary. How do I turn it into a bridge so I can cross the chasm?

edited for spelling

[ August 05, 2004, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Derrell ]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Take the abridged dictionary to the untinkerer - he'll know what to do.

Meanwhile...

Hey, clanmeisters...

Does my friend Frothygrynne get in the clan?

[Smile]

Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, if anyone's interested, Draco's House of Miscellany (My Mall shop) is open now! Bargain prices...but stuff doesn't stay in the store very long.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to post that because of the clan gym, in 5 days, I got a level 5 pastamancer to make me dry noodles.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Human,

I've had the same problem. "Drakester's Digs" is up - but the shelves are bare. I consistently price my stuff a little lower than others and sell out within hours. I've been concentrating on stuff like pizzas, burritos, clockwork maids and bartenders in a box. The foodstuffs are really easy to crank out in high volume if you devote certain days to using the hermit and what he offers. [Wink] The costs aren't too bad for getting enchanted beans either. You get one almost every time you go to the batbean cave. Considering how much spicy enchanted bean burritos sell for, it's worth devoting a few adventures a day to build up the stock.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, go for the insanely spicey enchanted burrito.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

The only problem with the insanely spicy bean burritos is that it takes one and only one worthless doodad. I prefer using the hermit in a way that gives a better return so I have time for actual adventuring. [Smile]

Might try one just for private consumption though.

[Big Grin]

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
"supposed MrSquicky"?

Why you gotta be all like supposing me? What's next, am I going to be "the so-called MrSquicky"?

I applied, largely because I was led to believe that this is the type of clan that would let me get people drunk, beat them senseless, take their wallets and throw them out on the street. And that you've got a really kickin' pool. Please let me in. I'll make cookies as soon as I can get my EZ Bake Oven from burning everything and trying to take over my body and cast it into the firery depths of hell. Frankly, I wish I'd kept my warranty card.

[ August 05, 2004, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: MrSquicky ]

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Grey V would like to join.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anything to protect against bad spelling damage?
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
No. But there's a way to do GOOD spelling damage in return.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Hey, I hope you guys have been paying attention to the goings on at the Icy Peak (those of you who can go there without much trouble at least). Seems to be an interesting little scenario going on. And some cool new items to use too.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the ninja hot pants could get you to the peak, but I guess I was wrong. What clothings do you need to go to the peak, and where can you find them in a hundred turns or less?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Happycamper,

I've been there, but I haven't figured out how to avoid getting the snot getting beat out of me by the penguin mafia members on the peak.

I am wondering if the Yeti's days are numbered...

It's the buffalo all over again. [Frown]

Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
Clothing you need: xtreme mittens, xtreme scarf, snowboarders pants. You can find them on the xtreme slope.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Well, there don't appear to be any regular Knott Yetis left, only Emaciated Yetis and the Penguin mafia members. Don't know where this thing is going, but it sure looks interesting. As for how to get there, I'm thinking you're not quite to the level you need, as a level 12 sauceror I haven't been having any trouble. And of course I've got an elemental saucesphere conjured about me. And I'm wearing star garb. That probably helps.
sndrake
Member # 4941

OK - that's a significant difference, then. The character that's been going to the peak is a level 10 (my highest) accordion thief. Bought a couple skills that seem to help me avoid getting thrashed, although they really knock the MPs down.
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
We didn't need to get involved in time consuming game, Precious, no. We hates UofUlawguy, yes Precious, we hates it forever!
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
At present I have three characters--Mabus, Maccabeus, and the Ch Imp.
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pod
Member # 941

- posted      Profile for Pod           Edit/Delete Post 
Pod, the Sauceror Supreme, applying to the clan (as Sauceror Supreme)
Posts: 4482 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. My level 7 sauceror is able to adventure at the Icy Peak without much trouble, even though he usually has to do a full "heal" after beating the penguins. Of course, I'm stocked up on green pixel potions, too, so that might make a difference. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, Belle00 and elvenwench are applying to the clan.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
My second character megaman47 will be shortly applying for membership.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.