FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 28)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
well, my accordian thief always gets good stuff there.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
How exactly do you break a bartender? I've had mine for quite some time and never broken it. Can you also break a chef-in-the-box?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Make enough drinks and it will blow up. Make several drinks at a time. Wait...don't try to make it blow up. Making a new one is a pain in the butt.

typos

[ September 24, 2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Sax,

Some of us who own stores might make 20 or more mixed drinks at one time. Could be just a little more of Jick's tinkering with the KOL economy, making it just a little harder to run virtual cocktail factories.

Glad to hear other people are having their bartenders explode and make strange noises.

Thought maybe Jick hated me. [Wink]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I guess I've never actually tried to make more than 15 drinks or food items at once. Thanks for the tip!
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I wouldn't recommend purposely destroying your bartender's, although you can sometimes (rarely) get a beertini (currently worth about 37,000 meat each) you often lose beer lenses (currently worth about 250,000 meat each).

[ September 27, 2004, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

I don't suppose anyone here has a Ghost Pickle on a Stick that they'd be willing to trade something for? I'll never be able to afford one.

Do I even really want one? What exactly do they do for you? Unless they give me tons of meat and major stats...what good are they?

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

All they do is let you have all of the non-unique familiars in the game. I find it mildly annoying that Jick isn't letting people make them anymore.
saxon75
Member # 4589

The Ghost Pickle on a Stick is the only non-unique familiar I still don't have. My current goal is to get all of my familiars up to 20 pounds. So far I think I have four or five of them done already.
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
All they do is let you have all of the non-unique familiars in the game.
What does that mean in English? Plain English. I'm sorry I'm stupid.
saxon75
Member # 4589

Don't worry, you're not stupid. The Ghost Pickle on a Stick is a pretty run-of-the-mill familiar. They attack your enemies and that's about it, I think. The main reason they are so expensive right now is that it's no longer possible to make them. It used to be that anyone who had the proper ingredients could cook one up, but Jick took out the ability to perform the final step a little while ago. So they are an item that only exists in limited quantity, which makes the price go up. I think a lot of people also just want to have every familiar. It's not actually possible to have every one, though, because there is at least one (Jick's Floating Sombrero) that is unique in the game. So, having all of the normal familiars is good enough.
Tammy
Member # 4119

Soooooo since we can't make it anymore, wouldn't that make it a unique familiar?

I heard that there wasn't going to be a reset? Any truth to this rumor? Wait...did I hear that here?

MEC
Member # 2968

If anyone wants a beer lens, I'll give them one for a meatcar model.
saxon75
Member # 4589

Tammy, the Ghost Pickle on a Stick is not unique because there is more than one that exists in the game. There are probably hundreds of them floating around, possibly even thousands. There is only one Floating Sombrero.

There is going to be a reset at some point, once Jick gets done working out all the bugs and releases the final version of the game. There used to be a FAQ about the reset on the login screen but it seems to have disappeared.

peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
I just applied to be in the clan. Name: retep
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Hot meat-making tip:

If you have any ghuol guolash, now is the time to unload it.

It's unlikely you're gonna want to actually eat the guolash you have - true, you gain about 5 adventures, but you also lose 10-20 stats in each category.

For some reason they're hot right now - going for 200,000 meat at the mall. I wanted to unload them in a hurry, before sanity prevails and they become relatively worthless again, so I put them out at 150,000 and they were snatched up in minutes.

Good way to make some quick meat on some fairly worthless inventory if you're so inclined.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

They are selling well because if you eat 11 you get a trophy.
sndrake
Member # 4941

Must be some trophy!

Do the trophies have any value other than their trophyness?

MEC
Member # 2968

Nope, they just sit in your campsite, and in your profile.
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
Tammy, the Ghost Pickle on a Stick is not unique because there is more than one that exists in the game. There are probably hundreds of them floating around, possibly even thousands. There is only one Floating Sombrero.

Ohhhhhhh...got it! Thanks!
sndrake
Member # 4941

I think I've been the beneficiary of mistaken identity. This morning, someone cast "elemental saucesphere" on three of my characters! Over eight thousand adventures each.

The three characters all have "drake" somewhere in their names. The "drake-less" characters didn't get the spell casting.

I wasn't fully awake when I read any of the messages announcing the casting, so I'm not really sure of the name of the caster.

Tammy
Member # 4119

Was it muzzy? Muzzy's been buffin everyone like crazy.
sndrake
Member # 4941

Tammy,

Thanks! Yeah, I think that was the name. I was still working on my first cup of coffee, so my short-term memory was pretty nonexistent at that point.

Seems obvious that today, anyway, she buffed a bunch of people that had "drake" in their names.

Tammy
Member # 4119

She/he buffed Buttercup Goblintree & Dublin this morning as well. I thanked her/him by sending some tiny houses.
sndrake
Member # 4941

Hmmm... A "thank you" gift - I'll need to think about that.
Tammy
Member # 4119

sndrake...I bet your other players were buffed. Am I right?
MEC
Member # 2968

I had some person I don't know buff me with a spell for 15 turns once, I returned the favour by buffing him back with the same spell for 15 turns.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Weird...muzzy uber-bufed me last night...

So I buffed "her" back with a jabnaro sausesphere...

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Tammy,

only the characters with "drake" in their names have been buffed.

Tammy
Member # 4119

sndrake,

Have you played the other players lately?

Tammy
Member # 4119

I just found out why Muzzy's been buffin away. He is annoyed at the new MP system, so he is buffing everyone online everyday.

This is happening to ALL players in the Kingdom.

I suppose I should stop thanking him? *shrugs*

Tammy
Member # 4119

Does anyone know why a player would "collect" awful poetry journals?
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
You use one to get into the Hole In THe Sky.

The other reason to collect is playing the market. (The same reason people collect bad art in the real world).

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Now of course there are new and interesting things that can be bought for Mr. A's, including 3 new familiars (for the month of October). Guess that means there will be new familiars of the month now. The coffee sprite and the cheshire bitten look like good ones to have. Too bad I don't have 4 Mr. A's hanging around.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I have one Mr. A but I'm not giving it up.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I keep getting a bunch of MySQL errors when I try to log in. Anybody else having this problem?
sndrake
Member # 4941

Yep..I expect the email I sent Jick was just one of several hundred telling him. [Smile]
sndrake
Member # 4941

It's fixed now. [Smile]

Jick says he's sorry for the inconvenience.

Of course, I don't have time to play now.

*chooses to take it personally*
[Grumble]

MEC
Member # 2968

with all the hard to get familiars now, I've given up on trying to get them all...I wish I could sell the ones I have but don't want now...

The coffee sprite and cheshire bitten look very desireable.

I wonder if there will be a new familiar of the month for october next year.

sndrake
Member # 4941

Uh, Porter, Celia...

Either you made a slip with your mouse and the drop-down options in the clan roster

or...

maybe there's something you wanted to tell me?

I'm betting it's a slip of the mouse.

But since I figured I would have the power for only a short time, I ordered up some moxie for everyone. [Big Grin]

Grand Poobah for a day. [Smile]

[ October 10, 2004, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

sndrake..it's probably because you have mucho karma! That's my bet!
MEC
Member # 2968

Did you miss the announcement on the mainpage of the clan?
sndrake
Member # 4941

[Embarrassed] [Blushing]

MEC,

obviously. Missed it. The computers I usually use at home and work have smaller screens than this one and I missed the announcement.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

What were they thinking????

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Goofballs bad.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Goofballs?
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Have I been blacklisted? Why hasn't anyone accepted me into the clan?

Username: retep

[Frown]

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Goofballs.

If you go to the wrong side of the tracks there is a guy giving away Goofballs.

Well, the first ones anyway.

Take them and you get big bonuses for 10 rounds.

The next day you play, big minuses for 100 rounds, unless you get more.

Getting more first day, 1000 meat.

Second day, 2000meat.

I'll suffer my withdrawal before seeing what day 3 costs.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
You do not appear to have applied to the clan.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Ew..with my very addictive personality, I'd better keep away from those babies.
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.