FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 5)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, on the pizza, you do have to [use] the wad of dough before you make the pizza. Using the dough flattens it. You can also, if you want, [use] flattened dough to return it to a wadded state. A wad of dough can be used, with a gnollish pie tin, to make a pie crust.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Really? I cook the wad if dough with the tomato, and it turns out fine.... but my character seems to have a lot of glitches, so maybe that's one of them....
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I also seem to be able to make pizza without flattening the dough.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Flat dough is one of the most amazingly useful items in the game. Not only can you use it to cook three different kinds of pizza, but you can also use it to make at least six kinds of burrito.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I thought it had to be flattened. I'm pretty sure it does have to be flattened to make burritos.
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wall Bash] How do I build the stupid car? [Wall Bash] I combined the tires and rims. I combined the empty gas tank and meat stack. I can't get anything else to combine. [Grumble]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

The cog, spring and sprocket will combine if you do them in the right order. Then, the full meat tank and the above assembly will combine to form a meat engine. Finally, the wheels will combine with the meat engine to create the car.
Derrell
Member # 6062

I got the car put together. Thanks. Now I just need to get 500 meat so I can go on vacation.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

It took me a while to figure out the vacations at the shore. I couldn't see the appeal. I didn't see what the benefit was, especially if I was going to be giving up 500 meat and 3 adventures.

Now I get it. Whenever I get above 2000 meat, I usually go for a vacation. Each trip can produce really great benefits on its own, but the frequent traveler prizes can be truly amazing.

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
*belongs to a clan*
[Cool]

Thanks!
[Big Grin]

Now if I can just get the hang of this game - I'm beginning to get my hands on wine and beer to get more adventures, but food is still pretty scarce.

I ate up all my cottage cheese. [Frown]

More tomorrow, I guess. [Smile]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

sndrake, be careful not to get too drunk. It can have some rather, interesting consequences. [Grumble] *knows from sad experience.*

edited for spelling.

[ July 01, 2004, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Derrell ]

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I never let my drunkennes get up to ten until I got the Liver of Steel (quest reward), and now I don't let it get up to twenty.
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Derrell,

thanks - I didn't get above a level 9 on inebriation and didn't seem to fare to badly with that. Is 15 the big red danger line?

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Yes it is. I got to level 15 of inebriation and had an encounter with a rather interesting female knob goblin. The phrase coyote ugly comes to mind. [Angst]
Zeugma
Member # 6636

I have two extra meat engines, message Zeugma in the game if you want one.
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, I don't know if you got an empty meat tank yet from someone, but did you try using any toolboxes you happened to get from Degrassi Knoll?
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Who is Keither?
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Who is Keither?

FizzBiscuits, beaten again.

[ July 01, 2004, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

Ryuko is so in.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

- posted      Profile for alath   Email alath         Edit/Delete Post 
<---is Alli.
Posts: 145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay...someone help me out here. I just spent ten turns...two getting the crap kicked out of me, and eight turns healing.

What am I doing wrong? I'm Lvl. 4, I have 12 Muscle, 17 Wizardliness and 10 Moxie, and am wielding a Dr. Hobo's scalpel.

What do I need to change?

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

Where are you adventuring?
Human
Member # 2985

I'm getting beaten up in Degrassi Knoll...and I really want to be going onto The Typical Tavern and the Bat Hole...but it's worse there.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

Are you wearing any protective clothing?

It sounds like you might not be advanced enough for those areas yet... Maybe spend a little more time in the Haunted Pantry? Or try to find food or equipment that will boost your strength and moxie?

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Human, do you have a familiar yet? My little mosquito guy has been helping me tons by sucking blood out of people and gaining me hit points.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
How do you get familiars? I have a terrarium (sp?) but I don't know how to get familiars...
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I got mosquito larve and put it into the terrarium. I think I got mine in the spooky forest. I know that there is also another one involving fairy gravy and a cooked mushroom.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Can someone tell me how to get to the boss bat in the bat hole? Please help. [Wall Bash]
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
To get the Boss Bat
It would be prudent to try
To break things with waves

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Oh, come on, let's not start going along with that imbecilic KoL tradition of giving all hints in haiku form. That's not cute, it's just annoying.

Nothing personal, you understand, but I really don't like that.

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

The thing about the bat hole is that three of the areas are blocked off by rock. You need to break down the rock walls that are keeping you out of those areas, including the area with the Boss Bat.

There is an item you find in the entrance that will let you go into the central cave. There are three identical items you will find in the central cave that will get you through the rock walls.

peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
And I'm so proud of me, I figured that all out on my own. Now I just need the ability to hit the freaking bat king. We danced around each other for like 15 minutes and then I had to go take a test. Asineth bit him a few times, but we couldn't hit each other. *shakes fist*

I got back and spent my last couple of turns upping my mysticality so I could actually wear that stat modifying ring, so that maybe I can hit the little bugger. Of course, I'm now too drunk to adventure, and leaving town.

I'll get you when I return, Bat King!

pajeba, all you're clones are now in.

Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I still don't know who Keither is. Anybody?
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone who's getting rejected if he doesn't identify himself soon?
Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Bingo.

What should our time limit be for this?

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
keither is my little brother IRL. He's also ktron42 in KoL, and has contributed a lot of meat to our coffers.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Human, what class are you.
Have you bought a spell if your a spell caster, and have you tried using that?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Please, everybody, when you apply to the clan, identify yourself here so we know you are in fact a jatraquero, or otherwise qualified to join our illustrious band.
celia60
Member # 2039

That's who ktron42 is? No wonder I like him. [Big Grin]
celia60
Member # 2039

Human, if you adventure in the Barrel full of Barrels (Mountains), you occassionally get restorative balms. Or you can buy them fairly cheap (you don't have enough hit points to need the expensive ones) from the Market. That will take care of hp's without losing so many turns.

You'll also have a beaten up rating, which causes your stats to be at 1/2 their base for however many rounds "Beaten Up" indicates. You can rest that number of rounds, or you can adventure in the earliest places (Haunted Pantry, Alley), where you don't need the high stats to win fights. Then, you still get stuff during those rounds.

At least, that's been my approach to the problem.

[ July 02, 2004, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Human
Member # 2985

Thanks everyone...for those who had questions, I'm a Pastamancer...but I haven't bought any spells yet, 'cause I keep using up my meat making stuff. I probably SHOULD...

Barrel Full of Barrels? I'll try it...

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got my ray of something spell that hits almost every time. When I use a weapon like the scapel, I miss often. Hence, I get beat up when my Mana is gone.

I wuv my mana.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

My best character, my Accordion Thief, is to the point where no matter what weapon he has, he does very little damage with it, and that's assuming he can even hit anything.

However, he can use his Moxious Maneuver to hit almost every time, and for quite a bit of damage. That, combined with the fact that his Moxie and Hit Points are so high that he can both avoid taking much damage and absorb a lot of damage when he does take it, means that he is pretty much still kicking butt at level 8.

He finally hit another wall, though. He finally got to the point where he could deal pretty easily with the eXtreme Slope and the Ninja Snowmen. When he tried to head up to the Icy Peak, however, he couldn't touch the Knott Yetis that live there. Not at all. No matter what he did. I've heard that's a great place to adventure, so I'm disappointed, but I bet it will get better when I go up another level.

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I keep wanting to save up to buy skills, but I figure I'll get around to that once we get our calendar and what not.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Oh, come on now, have you even seen the Haiku dungeon? It's not like this is a completely random trend. But I'll stop, wasn't planning on making it a habit anyway. No reason to bite my head off for the first offense. [Smile]

edit - because that came off as a little too defensive, so I added the smilie to show that I really don't take offense.

[ July 02, 2004, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Happy Camper ]

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Sorry, didn't mean it to sound like biting your head off. It's just that I made a conscious decision when I began talking about the game here that I would give advice and hints in a straightforward manner, and not in haiku as I have seen so many others do. I really do think that's a silly and unnecessary tradition, and does nothing to further the fun of the game. You, however, may certainly give advice in any way you wish. I just wouldn't like that to become the modus operandi of this thread.
Derrell
Member # 6062

Sir Bugs of Bunny has just applied to join.
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

The HC would also like to join.
Derrell
Member # 6062

Do I really need a different email address for each character I want to create? I'm actually thinking of creating a new email account just so I can start a new character. [Angst] Hello, my name is Derrell and I'm a Kingdomofloathingaholic. [Wink]
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Hehe, yes, you do. I started 2.
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.