FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 6)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
... 5.
Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I have three, but I never got an activation email for the first one I started. I guess Saxoroni the Pastamancer just wasn't meant to be. [Frown]
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
The HC and Sir Bugs of Bunny are in.

Boy, our clan sure is growing.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd join, but seeing you guys spend so much time there is truely scary.

A clan, you say?

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
...Is this why Hatrack is mostly dead?

Don't ya'll know that I need to be entertained without leaving this site? [Razz]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

*juggles for katharina*
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
That's why the game is designed to strictly limit your playing time per day. However, it is also so addicitive that people go to great lengths to find ways around the restriction, like starting additional characters using other e-mail accounts.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Erik, come join the dark side. It's very fun.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

But... my friends...
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm stuck in a rut with my accordion thief. He's at level 3, and the only "accomplishment" he has under his belt is the initial training. Is there someplace particular I should be taking him at this level to get a particular quest? Doesn't seem like I'm running into anything.
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a gooberish level 1 player flopping about named Hunny Yum. She's a disco chickie. When she gets to be level 3, she'll look you up.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
So, like, do I WANT to smash this hippy stone, or is it a good thing?
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you smash it, you can attack other players or get attacked. Your choice.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
No, you don't want to smash it. Many of the PvP folk on KoL are genuine goobers.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Rakeesh, Turin the Tipsy Turtle Tamer, and Jeff the Jerk will be applying to the Jatraqueros clan.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Mysterios the Pastamancer would like to join...
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Drakeula the Sauceror has also applied.
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesss...Level 5! I'm also finally strong enough to use my Gnollish Autoplunger! Yeehah!

But...now a couple of questions...I'm beating up on Degrassi Knoll pretty easily, where next? And also, how do I make it into the second room of the Bat Cave? Finally, which of the Pastamancer spells is better, the 5-8 damage, or 10-16?

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
There's an item you get from Guano Junction that should help you out with moving on to more rooms.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

Yeah, but I can't get into Guano Junction...I need something to get rid of the smell.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
You need an asshat!

[Big Grin]

Yay, I got to say "asshat" on Hatrack!

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

Okay...where do I find one?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You could also adventure in the first cave of the BatHole until you find (and equip) an air freshener. This will also help you complete the Slug Lord mission.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

Thanks, Tom...I'll keep adventuring, then!
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Pam of the Pasta here.

A second email account you say? Hmmm...

edit: And Olaf the Brave, seal clubber of the frozen north.

[ July 05, 2004, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: AvidReader ]

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubble
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for rubble           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all, my name is Kelly.

Has anybody tried to make new weapons etc. using the meat smith's hammer? I'm looking for advice to decide if it is worth the meat early in the game.

*averts eyes to miss the reproachful glares from around the thread for lurking for so long*

I'd also like to participate in the KoL Jatraqueros clan. I'm "eaglejet", accordian thief.

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
After a 5 day absence, I signed in today. Holy crap, thats a lot of turns!
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Jeff the Jerk and Hunny Yum are in.

Who's Tony Vermicelli?

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

sndrake: I don't know if you still need help, but make sure you visit the Council often. They give you most of your quests, and will generally give you at least one per level. You will often run into others while pursuing the ones they assign to you.

Human: Have you made it into the central cave of the Bat Cave yet? Once you're there, you will need to figure out how to get into the side rooms as well.

rubble: I have used the meatsmithing hammer a few times. Most of the basic stuff I have no use for, but just recently I smithed an asbestos crossbow that is just perfect for my accordion thief. Don't bother buying a hammer of your own, though. We try to keep one or two in the clan stash at all times, so once you're in you can use it, but make sure to put it back once you're done.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

You know, I keep looking for a tenderizing hammer in the stash, but I NEVER see one. Which is a shame, because I'd really like to craft a dripping meat staff.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

My lvl 5 turtle tamer has finally cleaned out the Typical Tavern and the Bat Hole. I still can't find a Meat Engine, sadly. [Frown]
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

You don't find a meat engine. You make one. Do you mean you can't find all the parts for one?

I'll check and see if any of my characters is still hanging on to a tenderizing hammer, and if so I'll put it back.

Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, do you have all the components listed on your shopping list? If you do, try combining stuff. You can't screw it up. And if you don't, go back to the Knoll and keep at it. Not sure, but I think my empty tanks all came from toolboxes.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

UofUlawguy,

I think I'm cool with things as far as Degrassi Gnoll goes. Nothing seems to help at the tavern, though. Is there a specific weapon that works against the rats? Is that the problem? Nothing except except some firecrackers I had seem successful in inflicting any damage.

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I remember the tavern being really hard for me, too. I think I just kept plugging away at it. If it is really impossible right now, maybe you just need to go up a level first.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
In what section of Kob's Knob do you find the @#$@# paint brush? Any clues?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

It's just in the entrance (the first area you come to.) However, as you have seen, it takes forever to find it. I don't know why. Take comfort in the fact that it really isn't a necessary item. Once you complete that little quest, all that happens is the painter will give you tattoos whenever you wear an interesting outfit to his hovel. Tattoos don't actually do anything, though.
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

I thought I saw someplace that the bugbar tatoo let you into that place in town. Though it might just be the outfit itself.
Human
Member # 2985

Actually, I'm doing quite well...beat up that Bat, and got a really nice shiny ring from the Typical Tavern that raises all my stats by three points.

Now I'm working on the nemesis in the somethingorother cave. I got past the flies and the door...but how do I get past the guy asking for gravy?

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Give him fairy gravy. I think (though I'm not sure) that you get that in the Haiku Dungeon.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

It's the bugbear outfit that gets you into the Bugbear Bakery. The tattoo does nothing.
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
how did you get past the flies?

i'm so far behind, i'm afraid to log in and see how many turns i have. i could lose the whole day!

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

With a Gnollish Flyswatter, of course.
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
from the entrance? i think i sold one once.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

I think the flyswatters come from Degrassi Knoll.
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Who is Tony Vermicelli
Me.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never done anything with javascript, but I am willing to learn. How possible/easy would it be to write a little script that will do some adventuring for you? For example, you're stuck with 200 turns, and don't have time to really use them, so you go into the hidden temple where you know you can adventure forever, and then tell the bot "adventure here for as long as you can".
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Bently is in!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Drakeula still isn't in. [Frown]

Did my request get through?

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Tony Vermicelli, Olaf the Brave, Mysterios, Pam of the Pasta, Drakeula and eaglejet are all in.
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.