FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Gmail invitation thread (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Gmail invitation thread
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Roses are red,
But they smell like a shoe,
So don't munch 'em and crunch 'em,
Or you'll catch a flu.

I already have Gmail, though. I just wanted to post one of these things.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Roses are red,
Violets are blue
Nato is cute
And flattering too.

I don't need an invite, though. But thanks. [Wink]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

And you suck, Goat.
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Hahahaha, I love this sort of poetry. I'm not sure it's serious enough to qualify for that reputable original poetry thread, but it's fun nevertheless.

An emotional Gmail haiku:
A free gigabye,
To store mail, pictures and more,
But no-one writes me.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the invite! I feel very cool right now [Smile]
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I still have one invite. No silly games or questions, just email me (addy in profile) and whoever is first gets one. [Smile]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal
Member # 5437

- posted      Profile for Crystal   Email Crystal         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hmm. I don't know why I never noticed it, but I have that text -- only, nothing happens when I click on it.

If anyone can figure out a way for me to get this invite to them, it's theirs for the taking.

Lalo, my account did the same thing. If you're still having problems try signing into your account through https://gmail.google.com (with the "s" after http). It should work after that.

edit: took out the w's. should work now.

[ August 27, 2004, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: Crystal ]

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Valentine:

No problem.

---
I still have one more invited for whomever e-mails me. But it looks like there are quite a few still floating around here. Could it be that Hatrack's appetite for gmail accounts has been satiated?

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Crystal: do you really want four Ws? And there isn't usually a www before it, it's usually just http://gmail.google.com
I wasn't sure if the Ws are supposed to be there, the address doesn't work for me with them there, so I'm just asking.

I have a bunch of invites, if my family doesn't want them. They must be moving on to the next part of the testing. Email me at the address in my profile if you'd like one and still don't have one. (Is there anyone left?)

Edit: I didn't realize it automatically made links out of URLs, so I had to get rid of a period. And all that time I was using the little button at the bottom. [Roll Eyes]

Edit: I really should check my posts to make sure they make sense. [Wall Bash]

[ August 27, 2004, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: MidnightBlue ]

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I have five left.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I had none. Today I have five invites.

Anybody still want one? Email's in the profile. But be sure to make the subject line obvious (using the word "Hatrack" helps), so I don't think you are spam.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka, that's funny because I just emailed you and asked if you knew anyone who needed or wanted an invite. I have 7 of them to give away.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Sorry, Coccinelle. I was thinking you already had one. [Eek!]

2. Five? Seven? SixandwhodoIgivethemto? I got one! ONE! How is this possible?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

kat, last week I emailed myself many many emails with BIG attachments.

I think they think I'm a major user. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I send about fifteen e-mails a day - fourteen of which are usually to the same person. Is that why?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I rarely use mine and I received six. [Confused]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how Gmail decides who to give the invitations to. [Dont Know] There are only 2 people that I email using my Gmail account, rivka and Raia. In fact, I haven't gotten email from anybody else at my Gmail address.(derrellf AT Gmail DOT com) I feel so unloved. [Wink]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
*ahem* Check your mail
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Ok, my post on my other board got three requests. But I still have two invites left . . .
imogen
Member # 5485

Edit - don't worry. I just read the answer halfway up this page. [Embarrassed]

[ August 27, 2004, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I've got one to send. Email me at dagoat AT gmail DOT com iffin' you want it.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I only got mine this week, and the only email I got was when hatrack sent me a new password because I changed the email address in my profile. Somehow I got six invites. I did, however, add a lot of people to my address book.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what? I bet that is what governs invites...I haven't gotten any, but my wife imported like, 100 to her addresses, and got 6 invites.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

That's it. gmail is going to be my Hatrack address.
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
TheTick:

I don't think that's it. I imported a ton of contacts from my Yahoo! account just a day or two after they first offered that feature, and my first invite didn't come until 2-3 weeks later.

I think that it's relatively random. And that, clearly, they've greatly expanded the number of invitations this past week.

The only set pattern that I've been able to verify (based on my experience and that of other users) is that the more quickly you use your invites (and they are accepted) the more likely you are to get more.

BTW: [strike]I still have one invite left[/strike]. EDIT: I'm all out for the moment.

[ August 27, 2004, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Zalmoxis ]

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I have one little invite looking for a good home.

I also have one more little striped kitten looking for a good home.

email me at blueroosterdesign AT gmail DOT com for either. [Smile]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

I still have six, should anyone want one. JulieD15 AT gmail DOT com if you want one (or two or six).
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I have six, so here's what I'm gonna do:

Entertain me in six words or less, and I'll send you an invite. [Big Grin]

[ August 27, 2004, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
I think at this point we're going to have to start fighting over people to give invites to. Just take a quick glance over the last 30 posts or so and see how many of us are offering 5 or 6 of them. The market value of the gmail invite has tanked, I'm afraid.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I was just trying to do something fun. I wrote a limeric for mine. I figured most people would just go for the freebies, but a few might buy into it. Whatever.

sarcastic DOT muppet AT gmail DOT com. If you want one send me a line. If not, I'm sure I can muster some RL friends somewhere to take some off my hands.

[ August 28, 2004, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
mightytick at gmail dot com

I have 5 invites if anyone is interested.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm interested!.. it's an email account right?.. I think.. anyway about it though I want an invite!

-Jack Montague

and just for the hell of it..

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Yes they are..
Really.

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Pepek, has anyone sent you an invite yet? If not, I will. I have two left, I think.
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, i'm with the G's now.. thank ya very much Tick and Rivka
Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

If there is anyone who for some bizarre reason hasn't gotten one yet, I still have three more invites. My address is in my profile.
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Google is going for a new ramp-up it appears. I have upwards of 15 invites available. Email me at the address in my profile and one is yours. Please put a reference to your hatrack id if your email address doesn't coincide with your screen name here.
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Yeah, I also have some available.

Email me (imogen.saunders AT gmail. com) if you want one...

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, the floodgates must have opened, because after all these months of no invites I've now got 5 available. Cool! Feel free to contact me if you are interested.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

Hehe. I have 6 more but I have a feeling everyone has enough. Well, if you want them... [Smile]
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
At first, I just wanted this to show up my husband by getting one first, but now I am totally into for it's own sake. I love this! I love that the thread stays together! I love the cool spell check! I love it! [The Wave]
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, gmail sure did take off. I remember back in the day when you had to trade to get an account. It just seems like it kind of exploded overnight. Now everywhere I go online people are offering gmail invites. Hrm.
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to beverly for the invite. [Smile]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I also have several invites to give out. The first 5 people to email me will each get one. [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

I have six. But hopefully I can get rid of them at school tomorrow.
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I have five invites. All you've gotta do is ask!
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
I also have 6 available, free for the taking.

zevlag at gmail dot com

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I have some gmail invites. 5 to be exact. You can mail me at ryukochan at gmail.com. But I want to write a gmail haiku too!

I will invite you
Aren't I so generous?
What is your email? O_o

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Hatrack has reached some sort of critical mass where we have enough people to generate all the invites we need here.

I just got six g-mail invites and will be happy to share them with anyone who e-mails me at [my username here at Hatrack] at gmail.com If I don't get replies within a few days, I'll probably give them away to real-life friends, so act now!

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I received six invitations too, and I sent one of them to a friend of mine. The moment he signed up for it he also got six invitations, so I guess it just is THAT time of the year... [Dont Know]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
I want one? Can I get kaioshin@gmail.com?

[ September 03, 2004, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.