FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What does everybody do for fun? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What does everybody do for fun?
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Shan: That game is awesome!
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, gee, shucks - I can not tell a lie, Nick. Da Goat posted it here [Wink]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Well you're still awesome! And honest too. [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alath
Member # 6150

- posted      Profile for alath   Email alath         Edit/Delete Post 
I also used to do Aikido but have recently stopped since the dojo I went to moved to a new location about an hour away from me. [Frown]

But besides that, I like soccer, skiing, snowboarding, and track as well as most other sports. Reading (obviously), movies, music, and computer games/video games. That's all that I can think of right now but I probably forgot a lot.

[ June 24, 2004, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: alath ]

Posts: 145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbies? Fun? Spare time? What are you talking about?!?

If you have some spare time you'd be willing to donate, I have floors that need to be vaccuumed, dishes that need to be washed, meals that need to be cooked, and clothing that needs to be laundered while I'm busy nurturing my kids. [Razz]

(Obviously kidding...well, sort of...)

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack is the only major hobby I currently allow myself. I should spend more time on: art, piano playing, singing, my mandolin (I'm a beginner), keeping in touch with friends and family, taking care of my house and yard, and reading.

Lately I like to play iSketch a lot lately. I blame Da Goat for getting me into that. [Wink]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
It is against the laws of nature for me to have fun.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I really wonder why it is so hard for me to think of an answer for this thread right now. My life's just currently made up of working, wasting time on the computer, eating, sleeping, and watching the occasional movie. I think I need to find a new hobby...

On a normal day I would say that my hobbies/fun-sparetime-things are reading--haven't done much of that lately, scrapbooking--don't currently have the funds to pursure this one right now, movies--but I've had a dryspell of good ones recently, card games--don't have people to play with usually, and who knows what else?

I'm definitely suffering from the mid-summertime blues. It's the point where going back to school is looking very appealing.

[ June 25, 2004, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: hansenj ]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
Hiking/camping when I can find the time. Mind-altering substances (preferably psychedelics) whenever I can find them and find the time. Reading books (preferably speculative fiction) whenever. Getting together with friends and reading classic plays whenever my friend organizes them and I do not have to work. Hanging out with friends, but most of that falls into one of the above categories.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hiking, Backpacking/Camping, Swimming, Computer Gaming(Halo, Medal of Honor), Computer Programming(C/C++, Java), MUDing(yes I know its technically a game, but I give its own category cause I do it much much more than the other two), finding new music, Tolkien, small amount of political activism, being a geek [Smile]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a hobby junkie, and nearly all of them fade out after time. However, there are some things that have endured:

1. I play video games and I am a fanatic. I have all the major systems and a few obscure ones like TruboGrafx16 with the CD-ROM drive, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, Colecovision, and a suped-up Sears version of the Atari 2600.

2. I play Halo on XBox every stinkin' day.

3. I ride around on my tractor and do outdoors stuff, and even cut down trees and stuff.

4. I enjoy swimming, daytrips, anything to ride on 2 wheels, anything to drive with 4 wheels, and maintaining all my motor vehicles.

5. Hatrack rawks severely.

6. I like to go to Wal-Mart and "dumb around" with a cart, turning the brain off of course, and just roam around for about an hour.

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherdess
Member # 6115

- posted      Profile for Shepherdess   Email Shepherdess         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I like to go to Wal-Mart and "dumb around" with a cart, turning the brain off of course, and just roam around for about an hour.

On the rare occasion I find myself in a Wal-Mart, I almost always have an overwhelming desire to leave. The feeling I get reminds of claustrophobia, but the place is so big, that can't be it, can it? The last time I spent more than an hour in a Wal-Mart I had a nervous twitch for a week afterwards. Not my definition of fun.

And standing in line is the worst part. I can see my escape right in front of me, and it seems to take soooo long to get there!

Posts: 107 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goatboy
Member # 6646

- posted      Profile for goatboy   Email goatboy         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a near twenty year old truck. It is rusted through in many places and the tailgate stays closed only because of the rope that holds it.

On busy Holiday weekends, I like to go out on the two lane highway and drive real slow so everyone can see my truck. People sure do seem to enjoy it. They always honk and wave when they pass.

[Wave] [Dont Know]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherdess
Member # 6115

- posted      Profile for Shepherdess   Email Shepherdess         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, so that was you!! [Wave]

Welcome to Hatrack!

Posts: 107 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Alucard -- I was playing UT2004 the other day, and I saw a player named Alucard. He left before I was able to ask if he was you. Could it have been?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Spud,

Indeed that was not me, but one of my evil clones who worship me and throw gherkin pickles at my feet in homage of my terible power.

Actually, I am drooling for UT2004, but I am stuck in dial-up land, BFE. Right now, I connect with you at 29.6K, as a matter of fact.

Thanks for thinking of me though...

As for dumbing around, you must also assume the position of leaning over a cart and push it around like a modified walker device.

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weezer
Member # 6643

- posted      Profile for weezer   Email weezer         Edit/Delete Post 
I like to write haikus occasionally. Here's one:

The bling bling machine
Has hydraulics and spinners
It is one sweet ride

But I'll have you know I used "bling bling" before everyone else was. Just ask JonBoy.

[ June 27, 2004, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: weezer ]

Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't get me involved in your lies.

So when are you going to update your site? I think the last haiku of the month is from March.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weezer
Member # 6643

- posted      Profile for weezer   Email weezer         Edit/Delete Post 
And?
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.