FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Web access at the airport

Author Topic: Web access at the airport
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, they charge for it, but Honolulu airport has Wi-Fi that you can tap into in the gate areas (and other places).

Is this cool or what?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Carnival ships have that onboard.

Beat that.

[Razz]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
So...how was the cruise? Or are you still ON the cruise????

Spiders have had web access for millions of years.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
We've been back for a while. *sigh*

(And no way would I be paying their prices for internet access, anyway!)

It was a fantastic cruise. [Smile]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Carnival ships have that onboard.

Beat that.

I can. I use my cellphone to connect my laptop to the net (I avg about 160kbps). It's free, but it does cost me my minutes (unless I'm in the offpeak hours).
Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa... 160? My DSL gets, what, thirty. What plan is that and who did you sleep with to get it?
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
Your DSL probably gets 30 kiloBYTES/sec, unless it's really a 28.8 modem in disguise. (And even that sucks. Most broadband does 3Mbit.)
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
I really, really, really want to know how to get a setup like that. Please tell.

Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

I get 160kb/s (that's roughly 20KB/s). Supposedly Sprint is working on upgrading their network to cable speeds sometime in the next year or two.

DSL still sucks compared to about everything but dialup. Mainly the costs involved for getting any decent speeds are roughly the same cost as cable (if you're lucky), if not more.

Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

Another option would be to search for unsecured WiFi hotspots and use that connection. Hotels are famous for this (as well as some restaurants).
BlueJacsFan
Member # 6590

- posted      Profile for BlueJacsFan   Email BlueJacsFan         Edit/Delete Post 
Columbus' airport (CMH) has (at least had) Wi-Fi for free.
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I found I get WiFi in DIA (Denver's Airport) but that I would have to pay for it. However, they said that any airport using teh same scheme as them (I don't know how many that was), the money I paid for the day of internet service would transfer over. [Dont Know] I didn't pay the money because it was like 10 bucks I was going to be there for about an hour.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.